Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfo
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Breadwinna
    I have the guess tags options in Advanced/Formatting but cannot see how to enable/disable the option.

Is there a way to check if tags are correct within LMS, or do I need a tag reader/writer prog.

I have been using these systems LMS/Vortexbox/Duet/Receiver for many years but left most of the settings at default as it worked fine. Looks like LMS is far more flexible and configurable than I realised.

Thanks again for all of your efforts and help.
    You can check the tags a couple of ways....

1. In LMS, Music Folder, open a problem album, click on a track and then click on the View Tags menu. This will show you the tags that are added to that track , which should be indicative of the whole CD. You should see the usual, Artist, Album, Track, Genre etc.
    2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to your music library, open an album, and display the tracks in the right pane. Hover over a track and dB Power amp should show you a pop up with the all the tag info for the track. If you right click on the track, you will see an option to Edit ID-Tag, which will allow you to change/edit the tags. This is also a dB Poweramp function.
    There are tag editors like MP3Tag that are better suited to large changes to tags.

Comment

• Breadwinna
      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by jfo
      You can check the tags a couple of ways....

1. In LMS, Music Folder, open a problem album, click on a track and then click on the View Tags menu. This will show you the tags that are added to that track , which should be indicative of the whole CD. You should see the usual, Artist, Album, Track, Genre etc.
      2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to your music library, open an album, and display the tracks in the right pane. Hover over a track and dB Power amp should show you a pop up with the all the tag info for the track. If you right click on the track, you will see an option to Edit ID-Tag, which will allow you to change/edit the tags. This is also a dB Poweramp function.
      There are tag editors like MP3Tag that are better suited to large changes to tags.
      That's the one 'jfo', just checked the tags and the naughty discs were hiding under the guise of 'no album' for the album tag. I re-ripped one of the discs and made sure a unique album title was given in the dbpoweramp album field, copied it to the vortex box and then rescanned the library, bingo!, all ok.

This has been an interesting experience and I have learnt a lot, I have also realised there is so much I don't know about this system.

Thanks very much to all who have helped me towards the light. Guess I have a lot of tag editing to do. I will keep an eye on the forum for more interesting info etc.

Nigel.

Comment

• jfo
        • Jul 2005

Glad you got it sorted. Being diligent and consistent with tags is the easiest way to avoid annoying problems. It's also the first place to look if you find an album or track with unexpected characteristics. Rather than just accepting the default tags your ripper finds, it's good practise to check them before starting the rip and making any adjustments. The info included in the online databases is not always correct or may not match your approach.
        If you haven't tried it yet, you may want to install MP3tag. It's a free and very useful tool to check and correct tags and album art. You can change a single tag on a track or CD, or make mass changes to the entire library. Despite the name it works with flac files also. Many people here use it and can answer questions.

Comment

• jfo
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Breadwinna
          That's the one 'jfo', just checked the tags and the naughty discs were hiding under the guise of 'no album' for the album tag. I re-ripped one of the discs and made sure a unique album title was given in the dbpoweramp album field, copied it to the vortex box and then rescanned the library, bingo!, all ok.

This has been an interesting experience and I have learnt a lot, I have also realised there is so much I don't know about this system.

Thanks very much to all who have helped me towards the light. Guess I have a lot of tag editing to do. I will keep an eye on the forum for more interesting info etc.

Nigel.
          A tip for you. You don't need to re-rip the CD to make a simple tag change. You could use the Edit-ID tag function in Windows Explorer to add the Album name. Just bring up the tracks in the right pane, select them all and right click to open the edit menu. Select the Album field and add the name. If you select a single track it will show the specifcc track info. If you select all tracks the fields will show <different>. In either case you can just enter the new info.

Comment

• d6jg
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jfo
            A tip for you. You don't need to re-rip the CD to make a simple tag change. You could use the Edit-ID tag function in Windows Explorer to add the Album name. Just bring up the tracks in the right pane, select them all and right click to open the edit menu. Select the Album field and add the name. If you select a single track it will show the specifcc track info. If you select all tracks the fields will show <different>. In either case you can just enter the new info.
            I think it is fair to say that while Windows does have tag editing ability mp3tag is a wee bit better. By wee I mean loads.
            Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
            Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
            Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
            Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
            Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
            Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
            Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

Working...