X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caad
    • Jan 2007

LMS 7.9 and DSD

Hi.
    I was very happy when i the other day notice at the wiki pages/nightly builds -change log that the LMS 7.9 now supports DSD -->DSF / DFF.

I have therefore installed this on 7.9.0 on my Mac and can see in the web interface that DSF and DFF is supported in "Native".

My problem is now, how to get this DSD functionality into the Squeezebox Touch.When i search for "new software " then the Squeezebox touch say the newst SW is installed and this is not 7.9.0 but the official 7.7.3
    When i try to playback a DSF or DFF file then the squeezebox touch shows that it does not regonise the file format..

BTW: If i pack a DSD file into FLAC, then the Squeezebox plays the flac and DOP into my DAC that now shows that a DSD file is playing.. But this has nothing to do with playback in the "NATIVE" setting in the web interface.

Has someone this up running with DSD files?

Br
    Caad
  • bonze
    • Jun 2006

Try a manual download from:

LMS Version: 8.2
    Synology 216+II & Docker
    2x Touch, 2x SB3

Comment

• Triode
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Caad
      Hi.
      I was very happy when i the other day notice at the wiki pages/nightly builds -change log that the LMS 7.9 now supports DSD -->DSF / DFF.

I have therefore installed this on 7.9.0 on my Mac and can see in the web interface that DSF and DFF is supported in "Native".

My problem is now, how to get this DSD functionality into the Squeezebox Touch.When i search for "new software " then the Squeezebox touch say the newst SW is installed and this is not 7.9.0 but the official 7.7.3
      When i try to playback a DSF or DFF file then the squeezebox touch shows that it does not regonise the file format..

BTW: If i pack a DSD file into FLAC, then the Squeezebox plays the flac and DOP into my DAC that now shows that a DSD file is playing.. But this has nothing to do with playback in the "NATIVE" setting in the web interface.

Has someone this up running with DSD files?

Br
      Caad
      Native DSD support is only with "squeezelite" which is a software player. There will be a plugin to do conversion on the server from DSD to DoP. I'm afraid I have not got round to releasing that yet.

Comment

• Caad
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Triode
        Native DSD support is only with "squeezelite" which is a software player. There will be a plugin to do conversion on the server from DSD to DoP. I'm afraid I have not got round to releasing that yet.
        Hi Triode,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I will look forward to install that plugin in the future..
        Thanks a lot for your Very interesting improvement of this Squeezebox touch... I'm already uses your USB output /192k plugin and believe it raises the Squeezbox touch to another level.. Thanks for this..

Br
        Caad

Comment

• Caad
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by bonze
          Hi Bonze,

Thanks for your reply..

sorry but i have to ask if you could describe how to install this FW.
          in your attached link, the latest build is: fab4_7.8.0_r16754.bin, so is it correct that No 7.9.0 FW is build yet?

Br
          Caad

Comment

• Triode
            • Apr 2005

Hi Bonze,

Thanks for your reply..

sorry but i have to ask if you could describe how to install this FW.
            in your attached link, the latest build is: fab4_7.8.0_r16754.bin, so is it correct that No 7.9.0 FW is build yet?

Br
            Caad
            This won't help with DSD support - I would not try to update the firmware.

Comment

• Caad
              • Jan 2007

This won't help with DSD support - I would not try to update the firmware.
              OK.. Thanks-...

I will not try this "manual" update of firmware...but wait for the plug in instead..
              by the way,,, May i ask if your plugin will support DSD samples above 64? like DSD128, DSD256 ?

Br
              CAAD

Comment

• Triode
                • Apr 2005

Announce: PlayDSD - support for windows, mac and linux

Sorry for the delay in responding to this - there is now a downloadable plugin for 7.9 which should support DSD playback with windows, mac and linux (i386/x8644 only)

I would be grateful of a few testers before I make this available from the default plugin page.

To test:
                1) Add the following url to the additional repositories box at the bottom of the plugin page
                Code:
                http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/testrepo.xml
                2) Install the PlayDSD plugin.

When the server restarts there should be an additional PlayDSD menu item for the settings page for each player. This will allow you to enable DSD over Dop support if your player supports 192k playback or higher. The plugin will convert DSD to PCM if your dac does not support DoP - you can adjust the resampling parameters from the settings page. They are the same parameters used for resampling by squeezelite.

[If you use squeezelite then you will probably prefer to use the native DSD support in squeezelite rather than this plugin]

Comment

• Caad
                  • Jan 2007

Sorry for the delay in responding to this - there is now a downloadable plugin for 7.9 which should support DSD playback with windows, mac and linux (i386/x8644 only)

I would be grateful of a few testers before I make this available from the default plugin page.

To test:
                  1) Add the following url to the additional repositories box at the bottom of the plugin page
                  Code:

When the server restarts there should be an additional PlayDSD menu item for the settings page for each player. This will allow you to enable DSD over Dop support if your player supports 192k playback or higher. The plugin will convert DSD to PCM if your dac does not support DoP - you can adjust the resampling parameters from the settings page. They are the same parameters used for resampling by squeezelite.

[If you use squeezelite then you will probably prefer to use the native DSD support in squeezelite rather than this plugin]

Hi Triode.
                  Thanks a lot for this great update..

I would like to test the DSD plugin.. Your link is now installed on the server and it shows: DSDplay Ver 0.5

I can run a test monday on the Squeezebox Touch.

Br
                  Caad.

Comment

• local.bin
                    • Dec 2008

To test:
                    Code:

Excellent, thanks for this.

I've installed and setup for my UDA-1 sony amp connected to my SB touch via coax.

My display of the touch say it 'can't play the file xxx.dff' and the dsd files do not show up in my albums after a scan for new music; is that correct as it seems weird.

cheers

Comment

• Triode
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by local.bin
                      Excellent, thanks for this.

I've installed and setup for my UDA-1 sony amp connected to my SB touch via coax.

My display of the touch say it 'can't play the file xxx.dff' and the dsd files do not show up in my albums after a scan for new music; is that correct as it seems weird.

cheers
                      You are running a recent version of 7.9 LMS (I assume so otherwise the plugin should not load). The code to scan the files should be in LMS it is not in this plugin.

Comment

• local.bin
                        • Dec 2008

You are running a recent version of 7.9 LMS (I assume so otherwise the plugin should not load). The code to scan the files should be in LMS it is not in this plugin.
                        Yes, running 7.9 nightly from a couple of versions back from the latest on an x86 unraid server.

I am trying to play the file by going into the directory the dsd files are in on the server via the My Music menu.

Comment

• Caad
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by local.bin
                          Yes, running 7.9 nightly from a couple of versions back from the latest on an x86 unraid server.

I am trying to play the file by going into the directory the dsd files are in on the server via the My Music menu.

Hi..

My setup are:
                          Macbook Pro running OSX 10.9.3 (Maverick)

I have the same issue here.. I still cant play DSD files. The SBT displays that it does not reconice the file type.
                          I have tested with both DSD64 and DSD128 files.

LMS server is version: 7.9 /r1400229154

In the Plugin menu: linked as you described earlier post and the "PlayDSD" plugin shows ver0.5 as "active plugin"

My squeezebox Touch has installed 7.7.3-r16676

Im not able to find the PlayDSD plugin in 3th part applet installer menu either.

Br
                          Caad

Comment

• Triode
                            • Apr 2005

Hi..

My setup are:
                            Macbook Pro running OSX 10.9.3 (Maverick)

I have the same issue here.. I still cant play DSD files. The SBT displays that it does not reconice the file type.
                            I have tested with both DSD64 and DSD128 files.

LMS server is version: 7.9 /r1400229154

In the Plugin menu: linked as you described earlier post and the "PlayDSD" plugin shows ver0.5 as "active plugin"

My squeezebox Touch has installed 7.7.3-r16676

Im not able to find the PlayDSD plugin in 3th part applet installer menu either.

Br
                            Caad
                            Can you check the version of Audio::Scan shown on the web information page (settings, server information, in the block about Logitech Media Server Status at the top). If it is 0.94 then DSD files should be detected, if it is 0.93 then they won't be.

Comment

• mherger
                              Babelfish's Best Boy
                              • Apr 2005

LMS 7.9 and DSD

>> You are running a recent version of 7.9 LMS (I assume so otherwise the
                              >> plugin should not load). The code to scan the files should be in LMS it
                              >> is not in this plugin.

>
                              > Yes, running 7.9 nightly from a couple of versions back from the latest
                              > on an x86 unrai server.

Please make sure you all run the latest 7.9 build. There was an issue a
                              few days back which prevented plugins from being installed successfully
                              on some systems.

--

Michael
                              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                              (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Working...