Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

'Default' alarm sound?

> Oh sorry, I missed Michael's post up there. Yeah, everything he said,

You didn't miss it: it wasn't there yet when you posted. The mailing list
    gateway had a hiccup - and I only noticed because I was wondering why you
    had not read my post ;-).

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by adhawkins View Post
    Thanks to everyone, I assumed it was coming from SqueezeNetwork or somewhere. I'll go digging around on the player and see if I can find it. Can I enable SSH via the web interface, or is it something I have to do on the player itself? Any usernames / passwords?

Out of interest, why is it being played? Is the radio assuming the connection to the server has been lost, and hence playing it as a failsafe alarm?

On a similar note, will Radio alarms work if the server isn't running in the same way as Boom ones will?

Thanks again

Andy
    Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I am experiencing something similar since recently switching from a Duet to a Touch.
    I have 2 alarms set on the Touch, an hour apart.

They are both set to use a Favorite, which is a generic alarm 'beep beep' sound.
    I have yet to go in and change the default alarm sound in the Touch via SSH to be the same, but plan on doing so like I had with the Duet, so the Datarock clip is still there for now.

I've only had the Touch installed a few weeks. Not sure if this has been happening all along, but this week I've noticed that after the 2nd alarm plays and I stop it, the default Datarock clip starts playing shortly after.
    It also plays at a much lower volume than the programmed alarms (assuming this has something to do with the fact that I still had the volume set to "Volume controls adjust outputs" in Player > Audio settings - Just now changed it to fixed at 100%).
    While this is happening, the Touch screen shows the clock with Stop/Snooze buttons, but the Server says nothing is playing on that player.
    The only way I'm able to get it to stop is to hit the power button on the Touch.
    All that said, it almost seems like the Touch has lost connection to the server, even though the server shows everything is online and working normally, plus I can still start playing something else on the Touch at this time.

I noticed an LMS update was available today, so now running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.3 - 1597753178 @ Sun Aug 23 19:15:28 WEDT 2020.
    In the meantime, can anyone explain why this is happening and/or what causes it? I've never experienced this with any Squeezebox player before.

Thanks!

Problem persists after updating. Again, this never happened on my Duet, nor does it happen on my Radio, only the Touch.
    Is hitting stop actually performing a Snooze instead of stop?
    Even so, doesn't explain why it starts playing the default alarm again shortly after.
    What's even more strange is that if I start playing something else, then stop, the default alarm will eventually start playing again.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rdeckard View Post
    Problem persists after updating. Again, this never happened on my Duet, nor does it happen on my Radio, only the Touch.
    Is hitting stop actually performing a Snooze instead of stop?
    Even so, doesn't explain why it starts playing the default alarm again shortly after.
    What's even more strange is that if I start playing something else, then stop, the default alarm will eventually start playing again.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    I just tried setting a single alarm on my Touch. After the alarm sounded I hit stop in Material Skin and the alarm stopped and stayed silent. Where are you hitting stop?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I just tried setting a single alarm on my Touch. After the alarm sounded I hit stop in Material Skin and the alarm stopped and stayed silent. Where are you hitting stop?

Hi and thank you for the reply. Good point. I am controlling it via a Crestron system with a module that uses CLI.
    I can take a look at exactly what it's sending, but just confused why it would work any differently than before with the Duet.
    Aside from pointing the control module to a different Player ID/MAC in code, nothing else has changed.
    I will have to try with the IR remote and see if the behavior changes.
    That said, since you got me thinking, I don't actually hit "Stop" on the Radio, I hit the power button on the remote or the Radio itself to stop the alarm.

No luck. I changed the Stop/Pause CLI commands for the Touch to use the IR-Emulation codes - same result.
    It seems trying to stop the alarm by any other means than Pause on the Touch remote or Powering off the Touch puts it into this state where,
    the alarm keeps going off every minute after hitting Pause or Stop via CLI, and the only time it works is the first time.
    Again, even though the server web UI says nothing is currently playing on that player.
    Even more strange, I am still using the Duet Controller with the Touch, and same issue occurs if I hit the Pause button on the Controller.
    I have not tried stopping the alarm on the Radio via CLI, but wondering it I get the same results on that player as well.
    Play/Pause/Stop, etc. work normally otherwise when playing Favorites, Internet Radio or files from my library.
    Can anyone shed some light on what might be happening and potentially how to resolve?
    Last edited by rdeckard; 2020-09-17 at 07:28.

No luck. I changed the Stop/Pause CLI commands for the Touch to use the IR-Emulation codes - same result.
    It seems trying to stop the alarm by any other means than Pause on the Touch remote or Powering off the Touch puts it into this state where,
    the alarm keeps going off every minute after hitting Pause or Stop via CLI, and the only time it works is the first time.
    Again, even though the server web UI says nothing is currently playing on that player.
    Even more strange, I am still using the Duet Controller with the Touch, and same issue occurs if I hit the Pause button on the Controller.
    I have not tried stopping the alarm on the Radio via CLI, but wondering it I get the same results on that player as well.
    Play/Pause/Stop, etc. work normally otherwise when playing Favorites, Internet Radio or files from my library.
    Can anyone shed some light on what might be happening and potentially how to resolve?
    Does your Touch have the latest firmware? You can check it in Settings/Advanced/About. It should be 7.8........

I could have sworn pressing stop in Material skin stopped the alarm for me the last time I tried it. Now I see the same as you. The alarm box stays on the Touch display. Sounds like a bug to me. I can only assume that the alarm on the Touch is very rarely used so this hasn't been noticed before.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I could have sworn pressing stop in Material skin stopped the alarm for me the last time I tried it. Now I see the same as you. The alarm box stays on the Touch display. Sounds like a bug to me. I can only assume that the alarm on the Touch is very rarely used so this hasn't been noticed before.

Appreciate you taking the time to check. I'm also up-to-date on firmware.
    Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the Material skin - assuming you mean hitting stop right on the Touch display.
    I use the Touch in my living room, but it's in a cabinet atm, so not using the screen and can't hit it with the remote (hence Controller or Crestron).
    There are nights I fall asleep on the couch listening to music, so I figured why not use the alarm same as the Radio in my bedroom ;-)
    I take it if you hit Pause on the Touch remote, it clears the alarm for you too then?
    Maybe you could also check your server web UI to see if it shows your Touch playing anything at that time as well.
    If this is in fact a bug, I'm thinking it likely won't be addressed, at least any time soon, so will have to send a power off to kill it for now.

Appreciate you taking the time to check. I'm also up-to-date on firmware.
    Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the Material skin - assuming you mean hitting stop right on the Touch display.
    I use the Touch in my living room, but it's in a cabinet atm, so not using the screen and can't hit it with the remote (hence Controller or Crestron).
    There are nights I fall asleep on the couch listening to music, so I figured why not use the alarm same as the Radio in my bedroom ;-)
    I take it if you hit Pause on the Touch remote, it clears the alarm for you too then?
    Maybe you could also check your server web UI to see if it shows your Touch playing anything at that time as well.
    If this is in fact a bug, I'm thinking it likely won't be addressed, at least any time soon, so will have to send a power off to kill it for now.
    Material.skin is an alternative skin for the WebUI which is optimised for mobile use. The display shows nothing is playing. If you have a smartphone it is definitely worth trying. It also has a power off feature for the players. The odd thing is that the Radio behaves differently.