Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 167 of 169 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1682
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Most likely some change in format. I'm seeing the same here (Album
    Reviews only). I'll look into it.
    Super, vielen Dank!
    DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) running LMS 8.0 -- RPI with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer (any old version?) -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Squeeze CTRL

> - the AllMusic rating stars
    > - clickable links in the review text
    > - title info (good to check by comparing if titles are correctly named)

Will see what I can do. Thanks!

--

Michael
    Hi Michael, I guess you were not able to get the rating stars implemented? Not possible or lack of time and urgency? (Which is understandable of course, although it is a feature I would much like)

Regards

Announce: Music & Artist Informationplugin

> Hi Michael, I guess you were not able to get the rating stars
    > implemented? Not possible or lack of time and urgency? (Which is
    > understandable of course, although it is a feature I would much like)

I thought that back then (you're quoting from 6 years ago :-)) we came
    to conclude that people didn't care much about ratings other than their
    own. I haven't further looked into this.

Would you imagine this to be part of the music information, rather than
    the built-in ratings.

Can you see any reason why I wouldn't see an album review for Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Announce: Music & Artist Informationplugin

> Can you see any reason why I wouldn't see an album review for Layla And
    > Other Assorted Love Songs?

"&" vs. "and" again? Enabled INFO logging and check server.log.

Could be but Allmusic use "and". Would a lower case "a" make a difference?

Hmm the album review is there if I access it via
    More info/Album Information/Album review.
    It isn't there when I use the "i" button in Material Skin.

> Hi Michael, I guess you were not able to get the rating stars
    > implemented? Not possible or lack of time and urgency? (Which is
    > understandable of course, although it is a feature I would much like)

I thought that back then (you're quoting from 6 years ago :-)) we came
    to conclude that people didn't care much about ratings other than their
    own. I haven't further looked into this.

Would you imagine this to be part of the music information, rather than
    the built-in ratings.
    Hi Michael, to be honest: I got interested in these ratings due to your much appreciated integration of the online libraries of Tidal and Spotify etc... Because of the large numbers of now available music in view, the ratings would give me insight of which albums are perceived best/better. So when exploring/discovering they help me determine which albums to listen first at...
    Some sorting option would therefore be helpful: Roon, I observed, also has a sorting option that makes use of this rating to order the "most" interesting albums first...)

I do understand people use rating now for their own filtering and creation of playlists, and as such the trackstat plugin was probably very helpful. To be honest I do not put that effort in cataloguing, especially as AI at Spotify does a good job at predicting what I might like, and I do like to get surprised and discover new music and even listen to tracks I like less. The artist did put creative effort in it, and as such I do not mind that the AllMusic ratings are on album level and not on track.
    That said: the "picks" on track level might be very interesting to implement on track level as well....

Basically these are some of the few features from Roon I like: the "ratings" to see what album are generally liked, the "picks" that the AllMusic editors find worthy of attention, the "dynamic range" info of the albums, the parametric equalizer (for use with my headphones)...
    It is great that LMS allows a lot to be done with plugins, so i hope these features get a place somewhere sometime... (i have btw kind of managed something for the peq with sox and and the custom_conv.conf)

I did see the AllMusic Ratings tag in the input for the MAI plugin, so it maybe should not be to complicated to at least make them visible and maybe insert into the ratings field when still empty?

Edit: writing down my ideas, makes me realise this is not feasible for discovery in online catalogue. It would require multiple instant queries to the api's to collect all kinds of data that maybe gets looked at.
    But adding the allmusic rating to the album review and the picks to the tracks that are actually selected and playing would still be very helpful and insightful I think.
    So yes, if this could be atleast added as information, then it would not need to be integrated to the ratings... (writing it to still empty ratings would add benefit of filtering options and still not need to obstruct personal ratings as they can be "corrected" afterwards?)
    Last edited by Huey11; 2021-09-22 at 00:32. Reason: additional insight

Hi!

I have one question regarding the number of artist pictures.
    In my folder with the pictures are 879 files where one is artist.png. So normally I would expect that there are 878 artists, maybe 879 when counting "Collections" (there is no picture for this) as an artist.
    But when I let LMS scan the library it is telling me every time that there are 880 artist pictures.
    When I look later at the music library/artists, I correctly get 879 artists as a number.

Although the music.app on my Mac (uses exactly the same data) is telling me that there are 878 artists. But maybe Music is not counting "Collections" and LMS is counting it.

Is there a "+1" problem when scanning the library?
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Hi!

I have one question regarding the number of artist pictures.
    In my folder with the pictures are 879 files where one is artist.png. So normally I would expect that there are 878 artists, maybe 879 when counting "Collections" (there is no picture for this) as an artist.
    But when I let LMS scan the library it is telling me every time that there are 880 artist pictures.
    When I look later at the music library/artists, I correctly get 879 artists as a number.

Although the music.app on my Mac (uses exactly the same data) is telling me that there are 878 artists. But maybe Music is not counting "Collections" and LMS is counting it.

Is there a "+1" problem when scanning the library?
    Could it be that you re-tagged an album to correct a perceived tagging error? MAI doesnĺt delete any previously downloaded art that I know of meaning you could have 2 images for the same artist one based on the name before re-tagging and one after?
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes