Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166
Results 1,651 to 1,655 of 1655
  1. #1651
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    It would be easy enough to try a 2nd lookup with punctuation removed
    e.g.
    If tagged like this ... but it failed
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    then could try
    Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
    however if
    Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
    failed then ... what should it try?
    easier to imagine the problem with things like ...
    The Wedding Present - Going Going should be The Wedding Present - Going, Going ...
    Rocket from the Crypt - Circa Now -> Rocket from the Crypt - Circa: Now!
    Indeed. I guess its AllMusic side that is the issue. There it will always be what they decide it to be. It just shows how precise tagging needs to be these days. Out of interest I just looked up "Sgt Peppers" on Qobuz using Material search. Loads of vaiations.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

  2. #1652
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,569

    Announce: Music & Artist Informationplugin

    > @Michael - I have corrected the tagging now and it is fixed but is there
    > any way to avoid this sort of lookup error. The error in question was a
    > missing ' from the lookup. Is AllMusic really that fussy?


    Could you please double check what exact kind of quote you were using
    there? Because "'` should be ignored.

    You can always enable INFO logging for plugin.musicartistinfo to get a
    whole lot of information about what's going on in those lookups.

  3. #1653
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > @Michael - I have corrected the tagging now and it is fixed but is there
    > any way to avoid this sort of lookup error. The error in question was a
    > missing ' from the lookup. Is AllMusic really that fussy?


    Could you please double check what exact kind of quote you were using
    there? Because "'` should be ignored.

    You can always enable INFO logging for plugin.musicartistinfo to get a
    whole lot of information about what's going on in those lookups.
    The album was tagged as Peppers not Pepper’s ie without a ‘ so I don’t think it’s LMS side it was down to Allmusic. Not worth investigating further
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

  4. #1654
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    The album was tagged as Peppers not Pepper’s ie without a ‘ so I don’t think it’s LMS side it was down to Allmusic. Not worth investigating further
    If the data is tagged with MusicBrainz id's then we could get the Allmusic url from MusicBrainz, e.g. for Sgt Pepper:

    http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release-...3?inc=url-rels

    Code:
    <metadata xmlns="http://musicbrainz.org/ns/mmd-2.0#">
    <release-group id="9f7a4c28-8fa2-3113-929c-c47a9f7982c3" type="Album" type-id="f529b476-6e62-324f-b0aa-1f3e33d313fc">
    <title>Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band</title>
    <first-release-date>1967-06-01</first-release-date>
    <primary-type id="f529b476-6e62-324f-b0aa-1f3e33d313fc">Album</primary-type>
    <relation-list target-type="url">
    <relation type="allmusic" type-id="a50a1d20-2b20-4d2c-9a29-eb771dd78386">
    <target id="87560598-a9e8-4a8d-8ba8-c170cae809d7">https://www.allmusic.com/album/mw0000649874</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="discogs" type-id="99e550f3-5ab4-3110-b5b9-fe01d970b126">
    <target id="d88b11db-e096-4126-9ec9-264ac5d153ad">https://www.discogs.com/master/23934</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="lyrics" type-id="156344d3-da8b-40c6-8b10-7b1c22727124">
    <target id="2035e54e-669c-4edc-b5dd-3319ede1fdeb">
    http://lyrics.wikia.com/The_Beatles:Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band_(1967)
    </target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="lyrics" type-id="156344d3-da8b-40c6-8b10-7b1c22727124">
    <target id="87cbca11-4c35-4955-beaa-f4cedee34c68">
    https://genius.com/albums/The-beatles/Sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-band
    </target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="other databases" type-id="38320e40-9f4a-3ae7-8cb2-3f3c9c5d856d">
    <target id="a33a0b00-d513-4e65-9a69-64f0f5a41ac6">
    https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_beatles/sgt__peppers_lonely_hearts_club_band/
    </target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="other databases" type-id="38320e40-9f4a-3ae7-8cb2-3f3c9c5d856d">
    <target id="56da3f0f-2a88-44ab-97ad-9cf5fa1d0be6">https://www.musik-sammler.de/album/6995/</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="other databases" type-id="38320e40-9f4a-3ae7-8cb2-3f3c9c5d856d">
    <target id="771bced0-b494-4850-8921-be9841099ad0">
    https://www.spirit-of-rock.com/en/album/Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band/1233
    </target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="review" type-id="c3ac9c3b-f546-4d15-873f-b294d2c1b708">
    <target id="8ae9bb61-5e4b-4c8e-9573-4866dc184ffd">https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/5dcz</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="wikidata" type-id="b988d08c-5d86-4a57-9557-c83b399e3580">
    <target id="1a57d5d9-31fd-413b-a0ff-698b0277ffd5">https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q169226</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    </relation-list>
    </release-group>
    </metadata>

  5. #1655
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Ade_AV View Post
    If the data is tagged with MusicBrainz id's then we could get the Allmusic url from MusicBrainz, e.g. for Sgt Pepper:

    http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release-...3?inc=url-rels

    Code:
    <metadata xmlns="http://musicbrainz.org/ns/mmd-2.0#">
    <release-group id="9f7a4c28-8fa2-3113-929c-c47a9f7982c3" type="Album" type-id="f529b476-6e62-324f-b0aa-1f3e33d313fc">
    <title>Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band</title>
    <first-release-date>1967-06-01</first-release-date>
    <primary-type id="f529b476-6e62-324f-b0aa-1f3e33d313fc">Album</primary-type>
    <relation-list target-type="url">
    <relation type="allmusic" type-id="a50a1d20-2b20-4d2c-9a29-eb771dd78386">
    <target id="87560598-a9e8-4a8d-8ba8-c170cae809d7">https://www.allmusic.com/album/mw0000649874</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="discogs" type-id="99e550f3-5ab4-3110-b5b9-fe01d970b126">
    <target id="d88b11db-e096-4126-9ec9-264ac5d153ad">https://www.discogs.com/master/23934</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="lyrics" type-id="156344d3-da8b-40c6-8b10-7b1c22727124">
    <target id="2035e54e-669c-4edc-b5dd-3319ede1fdeb">
    http://lyrics.wikia.com/The_Beatles:Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band_(1967)
    </target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="lyrics" type-id="156344d3-da8b-40c6-8b10-7b1c22727124">
    <target id="87cbca11-4c35-4955-beaa-f4cedee34c68">
    https://genius.com/albums/The-beatles/Sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-band
    </target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="other databases" type-id="38320e40-9f4a-3ae7-8cb2-3f3c9c5d856d">
    <target id="a33a0b00-d513-4e65-9a69-64f0f5a41ac6">
    https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_beatles/sgt__peppers_lonely_hearts_club_band/
    </target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="other databases" type-id="38320e40-9f4a-3ae7-8cb2-3f3c9c5d856d">
    <target id="56da3f0f-2a88-44ab-97ad-9cf5fa1d0be6">https://www.musik-sammler.de/album/6995/</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="other databases" type-id="38320e40-9f4a-3ae7-8cb2-3f3c9c5d856d">
    <target id="771bced0-b494-4850-8921-be9841099ad0">
    https://www.spirit-of-rock.com/en/album/Sgt._Pepper's_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band/1233
    </target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="review" type-id="c3ac9c3b-f546-4d15-873f-b294d2c1b708">
    <target id="8ae9bb61-5e4b-4c8e-9573-4866dc184ffd">https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/5dcz</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    <relation type="wikidata" type-id="b988d08c-5d86-4a57-9557-c83b399e3580">
    <target id="1a57d5d9-31fd-413b-a0ff-698b0277ffd5">https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q169226</target>
    <direction>forward</direction>
    </relation>
    </relation-list>
    </release-group>
    </metadata>
    Some of my files do carry MusicBrainz IDs but they are not written to the LMS database afaik so a fairly major code change would be required in the scanner and in the database before it could be used.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •