Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 120 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1226
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidz View Post
    Thanks Michael. The server is the LMS player, not iPeng, but I take it your answer would be the same -- I'll check elsewhere on the forums. -- David
    Its not a server (LMS), or MAI issue. It is in fact, an iOS issue - or (more likely) an issue between Material Skin and iOS. In Material v 1.4.0 I added internal embedding of PDF, etc, to work around the free version of 'Full Kiosk Browser' (Android app) not allowing external links. Looks like the iOS/Safari PDF viewer has issues when used this way.

I've also noticed that on iOS 12 the advanced search, extra player settings and server settings (which all embed pages from the classic skin via an iframe) don't scroll. I've tried to fix this (by googling for suggestions), but failed. However, on my wife's iPhone with iOS 13 these do work. So, for now I'll leave these as is.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Hello
    not sure this is the right place to post my comment/question ...... I'm enjoying all the amenities of LMS and first wish to thank M.Herger and the community for your active upkeep of the LMS planet, terrific job !

here's my question: DSF files are becoming more popular these days, and I have added a few DSD albums to my music server, however LMS seems to have a hard time handling multiple artists in DSF file metadata. I would typically use Foobar2000 to enhance/correct/update tags when filing new albums onto my NAS, and this works very nicely with FLAC files (after letting LMS do a rescan). Now with DSF files, glitches appear: essentially the multiple artist separator (semi-colon) is not "parsed" so I end up with an incorrect artist cross-reference list showing items like "artist A / artist B / artist C" as a single artist entry. I know tagging may not be quite "normalized" with DSD as it is with FLACs, yet..... I'v tried using MP3tag and replacing all semi-colons in multiple artist tags by double back-slashes.... After a LMS rescan, I observe that LMS actually correctly display artists in about 1 out of 4 updated DSD albums, not quite the expected miracle ! Wouldn't it be nicer if LMS had a provision for handling these metadata syntax inconsistencies, which I believe are unavoidable, and may be considered as being part of "real life" after all ?

thank you so much for your feedback.

JLT Paris FR
    home/office music network: Synology DS214P, 3xSqueezeboxTouch (rooms), 2xSqueezeRadios (kitchen, bath), SOTM SMS200 streamer + OrangeQueeze on Android tablet (living-rm), Sqeezelite-X on desktop workstation (office).
    Last edited by jlt1947; 2020-05-24 at 01:58. Reason: signature

Announce: Music & Artist Informationplugin

> not sure this is the right place to post my comment/question ...... I'm

It's not :-D

> here's my question: DSF files are becoming more popular these days, and

Not sure about this...

But anyway: I'd start a new thread which clearly mentions what DSF/DSD
    in the subject line.

--

Michael

Binary in lyrics?

I was looking at the lyrics for a track ("The Scarecrow" by "Avantasia") in Material and I noticed the display has invalid characters. In Windows with Chrome these appear as squares, with Chromium under Linux they're even weirder! For some reason Firefox does not show the square. When I look at the cached lyrics file it has:

Code:
    Rise to fame Ô<80><94> time will come
    This is in 'vi' - which shows the binary as <number>.

If i Look at AZlyrics.com it has:

Code:
    Rise to fame Ś time will come
    Perhaps the "Ś" is causing issues?

SqueezeCtrl also shows messed up characters, and the default web UI just shows the "Ô"
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

> Rise to fame â<80><94> time will come

Is it only this one particular case or any of the other "-", too?

Did you define a folder to store Lyrics in? If so, could you please send
    me the file for this track?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Rise to fame â<80><94> time will come

Is it only this one particular case or any of the other "-", too?

Did you define a folder to store Lyrics in? If so, could you please send
    me the file for this track?

--

Michael
    Of the 703 lyrics files I have, 24 seem to be corrupt. I searched for the "Ô" character as this always seems to precede the corrupt bytes. For the track I mentioned, all the em-dash characters are corrupt.

Lyrics.zip

> Of the 703 lyrics files I have, 24 seem to be corrupt. I searched for
    > the "â" character as this always seems to precede the corrupt bytes. For
    > the track I mentioned, all the em-dash characters are corrupt.

Thanks! I'll look into them when I find some time.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Thanks! I'll look into them when I find some time.
    I did some investigation, and the corruption appears to come after the call to 'as_HTML' in AZLyrics.pm - but I'm not sure where the issue lies. As a quick work-around, if i replace the emdash with a regular dash in the HTML before its processed then the issue goes away. Updated AZLyrics.pm attached.

AZLyrics.pm

> I did some investigation, and the corruption appears to come after the
    > call to 'as_HTML' in AZLyrics.pm - but I'm not sure where the issue
    > lies. As a quick work-around, if i replace the emdash with a regular
    > dash in the HTML before its processed then the issue goes away. Updated
    > AZLyrics.pm attached.

As mentioned before this rather is a generic encoding issue. Replacing
    particular characters might be a short term solution. But aren't some of
    your examples special quotes, too? They'd all need to be replaced. I'd
    rather have a generic solution. But your collection should help me with
    this.
    --