Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

2 instances of squeezelite on one machine?

Thinking of running an old windows PC as music supplier for 2 different rooms.

Is there a way to run 2 instances of squeezelite on a single computer, trough either 2 sound cards, or different channels of a 5.1 sound card?

The idea would be to have one machine to run, pull music from the LMS trough server, and push music to 2 different rooms... if at all possible.

Any ideas welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
    Thinking of running an old windows PC as music supplier for 2 different rooms.

Is there a way to run 2 instances of squeezelite on a single computer, trough either 2 sound cards, or different channels of a 5.1 sound card?

The idea would be to have one machine to run, pull music from the LMS trough server, and push music to 2 different rooms... if at all possible.

Any ideas welcomed.
    yes - you just need to set the mac address using the -m option to different values for each instance..

And how complex is it to make the audio come out on separate outputs?

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
    And how complex is it to make the audio come out on separate outputs?
    Just specify different output devices with the -o option.

Is there an easy way of having each output, send only 2-channel audio? For example, having 'surround40' only output the 'Rear' speakers? Not the 'Front' AND the 'Rear'?

I think I understand that you have to modify the asound.conf file, but from my understanding, that's if you're using PiCorePlayer. I'm just trying to have multiple instances of Squeezelite on a raspberry pi. I have my LMS server on another device.

Code:
      sysdefault:CARD=MKII           - Xonar U7 MKII, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
      front:CARD=MKII,DEV=0          - Xonar U7 MKII, USB Audio - Front speakers
      surround21:CARD=MKII,DEV=0     - Xonar U7 MKII, USB Audio - 2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
      surround40:CARD=MKII,DEV=0     - Xonar U7 MKII, USB Audio - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
      surround41:CARD=MKII,DEV=0     - Xonar U7 MKII, USB Audio - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
      surround50:CARD=MKII,DEV=0     - Xonar U7 MKII, USB Audio - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
      surround51:CARD=MKII,DEV=0     - Xonar U7 MKII, USB Audio - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
      surround71:CARD=MKII,DEV=0     - Xonar U7 MKII, USB Audio - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
      iec958:CARD=MKII,DEV=0         - Xonar U7 MKII, USB Audio - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
    I appreciate any help or input!