Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Call for testers! Daphile

> Obviously I forgot one important part of the plugin from the previous
    > message.

Yeah, that's probably the most important part ;-). The scanner is run in a
    separate process. And it doesn't load plugins. Therefore your code isn't
    initialized at all. The scanner only loads plugins of type 'importer'. See
    eg. the iTunes or MusicMagic plugins.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Is this a bug or a conceptual issue? Did you implement this as an importer which is automatically run during scans?
    Hi Michael,

Obviously I forgot one important part of the plugin from the previous message.
    Code:
    use Slim::Formats;

sub initPlugin {
    	my $class = shift;

$log->info("Initialising " . $class->_pluginDataFor('version'));

$Slim::Formats::tagClasses{'dsd'} = 'Plugins::PlayDSD::DSD';
    }
    The last line was my guess how to get it work and it actually did but only if scanned with "Look for new and changed audio files". Could you help me? How should I implement it?

Define "headless server" please.

Not to detract from this informative thread, but what is the definition of a "headless server"? What does it do? Thanks.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    Not to detract from this informative thread, but what is the definition of a "headless server"? What does it do? Thanks.
    A pure server, without display or keyboard (or touch display). Thus the only way to interact with the server is over the network (or by pulling the power or network cable).
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    A pure server, without display or keyboard (or touch display). Thus the only way to interact with the server is over the network (or by pulling the power or network cable).
    for example, a vortexbox appliance is in this category. It serves my music files and runs LMS. I "talk" to it via a webGUI (from any other computer on my network, in my case, my laptop).-
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by kipeta View Post
    The last line was my guess how to get it work and it actually did but only if scanned with "Look for new and changed audio files". Could you help me? How should I implement it?
    Look at the iTunes plugin.

First install.xml: https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...es/install.xml
    The following line is important:
    <importmodule>Slim::Plugin::iTunes::Importer</importmodule>
    This is what cause it to load Slim::Plugin::iTunes::Importer in the external scanner. In your case you would of course need an importmodule that points to your plugin.

Then Importer.pm (which the above entry points to):
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...es/Importer.pm

Its initPlugin method will be called by the external scanner.
    When you use new/changed scanner it will instead load any scanning modules you have registered in the Plugin.pm file.

I'm not sure if it maybe might be enough to add the "$Slim::Formats::tagClasses{'dsd'} = 'Plugins::PlayDSD:SD';" entry in the initPlugin method in your Importer.pm file. If I remember correctly it's loaded initially by the external scanner, so possible it might be enough to have a very simple initPlugin which just register your tag class.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

Thanks Erland and Michael!

The Importer was finally pretty simple.
    Code:
    package Plugins::PlayDSD::Importer;

use strict;

use Slim::Formats;
    use Slim::Music::Info;
    use Plugins::PlayDSD::DSD;

sub initPlugin {
    	$Slim::Formats::tagClasses{'dsd'} = 'Plugins::PlayDSD::DSD';

$Slim::Music::Info::suffixes{'dff'} = 'dsd';
    	$Slim::Music::Info::suffixes{'dsf'} = 'dsd';
    	$Slim::Music::Info::mimeTypes{'audio/x-dsd'} = 'dsd';
    	$Slim::Music::Info::mimeTypes{'audio/dsd'} = 'dsd';
    	$Slim::Music::Info::slimTypes{'dsd'} = 'audio';
    	$Slim::Music::Info::types{'dsd'} = 'audio/x-dsd';
    }

1;
    "custom-types.conf" was not found from the plugin directory by external scanner. Its data had to be inserted in the Importer init.

Now it works. The fix will be included in the next release. I will also try to include a player specific settings option to use DSD-over-PCM (I already got my converter verified with Benchmark DAC2 HGC for DSD).

If there is a person who would be interested to integrate and develop more generic DSD plugin for LMS please let me know. My own focus is now more on getting things work with Daphile.

New test release available!

CHANGES on August 21st 2013:
    • Support for native DSD playback with DSD-over-PCM (verified only for DSD64 with Benchmark DAC2 HGC). Enable it from Audio Settings for the DAC that supports it.
    • DSD file "Clear library and rescan everything" problem fixed
    • Replay Gain calculation added to the CD ripping process
    • Some other minor bug fixes and changes

Update via your Daphile web UI or download from www.daphile.com.

Any feedback is warmly welcomed! Now especially any DSD-over-PCM experiences with different DACs and DSD128.

Does Daphile support Mac Minis?

Sorry for such a basic question.

Does Daphile support Mac Minis? I have the last thick version with a CD drive before they went thin.
    Main System:
    Source: Mac-Mini/Pure Music/dCS Debussy
    Amplification: Vitus Audio SS-010
    Speakers: Living Voice OBX-R2
    Bedroom System: Airport Express + Meridian AD88

Missing my Transporter

Quote Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
    Does Daphile support Mac Minis? I have the last thick version with a CD drive before they went thin.
    I'm not sure. At least you have to do manually something extra for the EFI boot manager (Daphile installation does not support EFI).

I would recommend that you try first by burning the Daphile ISO to CD ROM and try to boot with it (If I remember right Macs don't support booting from USB flash). If this works (I think it should) then I would advice you to create DaphileBoot and DaphileData partitions to disk, install Daphile with CD to those partitions and configure EFI boot manager to boot from DaphileBoot partition (not easy :-().

I once had the same version of Mac Mini and I had Gentoo Linux in it. If I remember right I used rEFIt (http://refit.sourceforge.net/) and grub. But don't remember how it was configured.

If you try let me know how it works.