Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by markm9999 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. I haven't yet gone down this road, but have thought about it. Let us know how you make out with resolving the issue.
    Just found time to experiment.
    Downloaded and installed daphile-19.07-b161858-x86_64 on a new SSD (NUC Bios was upgraded too).
    I then started to tinker with ts_calibrate
    After changing /etc/ts.conf to
    Code:
    module_raw input
    module variance delta=30
    module dejitter delta=100
    module linear
    ts_calibrate starts to draw on screen then stops with the following glib message :
    Code:
    dapfenliv / # ts_calibrate
    malloc(): invalid size (unsorted)
    Aborted
    dapfenliv / #
    Don't know whether the issue is in ts_calibrate code or in the way I call it (no env vars provided).
    [Edit]
    Didn't go really far with Gentoo (circular dependencies on base packages while trying to add kernel headers...)

Touchscreen is driven by hid-multitouch kernel module.
    Events are sent via /dev/input/eventx special file.
    Jivelite (local UI) is using sdl 1.2.15 as an abstraction layer for hardware (graphics, hid) but I don't know the way it's been configured (tslib ?) (maybe asking Ralph Irving, jivelite maintainer, could help getting the whole picture).

Now, the sad or fun part (PEBKAC inside), removing the protection film of the screen helps making it work more reliably...
    I'll have to test with a capacitive screen stylus to check whether it improves user input recognition.
    So, touchscreen support seems to work out of the box, but I think the quality of the capacitive sensor is paramount

Éric
    Last edited by emss; 2019-07-26 at 10:56.
    Server LMS 7.9 on FreeBSD12-STABLE/amd64, Squeeze2raop bridge on OpenWRT
    Office SqueezeBox3, SMSL Q5 Pro, Mission 731 Pro
    Main system CEC TL-2, SqueezeBox3 & AA DDE 1.0, DIY high efficiency loudspeakers (Hypex Horns & 15" BR enclosures), tuned Naim NAP140 clone amp, Atoll PR100 preamp, tuned Thorens TD166MkII.
    Various mods/refurbs in progress (asymetric line outputs on SRC-2496, AMC CVT-1030 rebuild, mono blocks based on tuned Hafler TA1600), still waiting for an AudioGD R2R DAC...

Daphile Album Artist Sort Order

Hi @Kipeta

I’ve been using LMS off and on for sometime but never Daphile. Installed the latest Daphile beta to try it out and its really quite a polished product. Thank you

One question though - the artist album sorting order is different from the regular LMS installation. I do have some non english album artists in my library and they typically are sorted in/after “Z”.

In Daphile - I have some chinese artists appearing all over the place. I removed all my artistsort tags in the past - so shouldn’t be due to the problem with tags. Any clue on what causes that?

Hello
    Is there a way that I can alter any of the Jivelite settings on Daphile. In particular the setting to set the display resolution. I have Daphile 19.01-64 on a thin client driving a 7" lcd, it makes a really neat music player but I need to increase the size of print, I can't read it.
    I use picoreplayer on pi3 b+ and have full control of jivelite settings for the screen.
    Any way I can get in to Daphile to get back jivelites setup.
    Or do any of the older Daphiles have a more full jivelite setup.
    I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    diode84

Can anyone help a newcomer? What is the gain control good for? I am not sure what to do with the Gain control?

My understanding is that you can use the slider to make an adjustment to compare filters at the same volume.

But, what does it mean when I get a peak of +2.66 dB, as you can see in the screenshot?

Name:  Gain Regler Daphile.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  33.8 KB

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by emss View Post
    Just found time to experiment.
    Follow up, one year later...

I've managed to fix the touchscreen offset.

The thread where this post was written https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post932654 gave me an insight on the way lua, libSDL & libTS work together.

I've added the following to /usr/local/bin/jivelite.sh
    Code:
    export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
    export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event3
    export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal
    export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
    export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib64/ts
    export SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB
    export SDL_MOUSEDEV=$TSLIB_TSDEVICE 
    export JIVE_NOCURSOR=1
    TSLIB_TSDEVICE is found by inspecting the link in /dev/input/by-id/
    libSDL has to use TSLIB mouse driver and TSLIB_TSDEVICE to get correct position events from the touchscreen.

The only remaining issue was related to /etc/pointercal generation via ts_calibrate (termination on malloc error), so I did install a minimal Debian, added libts-bin, then ran ts_calibrate and saved the resulting pointercal file.

After pointercal was copied to /etc, /etc/ts.conf & /usr/local/bin/jivelite.sh were edited as previously mentioned on a fresh daphile-20.08-b040759-x86_64 install, everything worked flawlessly.

I guess I could try to reach Kimmo to see whether this could be refined and added to the settings (input device & driver choice, touchscreen calibration).

Regards

Éric
    Last edited by emss; 2020-09-13 at 02:15.
    Server LMS 7.9 on FreeBSD12-STABLE/amd64, Squeeze2raop bridge on OpenWRT
    Office SqueezeBox3, SMSL Q5 Pro, Mission 731 Pro
    Main system CEC TL-2, SqueezeBox3 & AA DDE 1.0, DIY high efficiency loudspeakers (Hypex Horns & 15" BR enclosures), tuned Naim NAP140 clone amp, Atoll PR100 preamp, tuned Thorens TD166MkII.
    Various mods/refurbs in progress (asymetric line outputs on SRC-2496, AMC CVT-1030 rebuild, mono blocks based on tuned Hafler TA1600), still waiting for an AudioGD R2R DAC...

Quote Originally Posted by Krusta View Post
    Can anyone help a newcomer? What is the gain control good for? I am not sure what to do with the Gain control?

My understanding is that you can use the slider to make an adjustment to compare filters at the same volume.

But, what does it mean when I get a peak of +2.66 dB, as you can see in the screenshot?

Name:  Gain Regler Daphile.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  33.8 KB
    I am not an expert on this by any means, but I have recently been playing around with various DRC tools.

When you make a correction you are attempting to force the sound profile to fit an ideal curve, maybe flat, maybe harmon curve or some other "ideal". To do this the correction will reduce the voume of peaks and increase the volume of troughs throughout the audio spectrum.
    Sometimes the increase in a trough maybe too much for the amplifier (or speakers) to handle and can cause clipping. By reducing the overall gain you give the system leeway to increase the volume of the troughs but still to stay under 0db.

When you are getting a peak of +2.66db I think that is referring to the amount of boost to a particular frequency that is needed to cancel out a trough, and is a guldeline to the overall gain that you should be applying to avoid peaking over 0db. i.e. -2.68db.

Deezer FLAC

Name:  122.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  94.2 KB

Hello! Tell me why I have a stream in Deezer 320k, although I have an HIFI subscription and FLAC works in my browser. Daphile + Deezer can play FLAC?

Call for testers! Daphile

> Hello! Tell me why I have a stream in Deezer 320k, although I have an
    > HIFI subscription and FLAC works in my browser. Daphile + Deezer can
    > play FLAC?

You'd need to use LMS 8.1 in order to be able to stream FLAC with
    Deezer. I'm not sure whether that's what Daphile is using.

--

Michael

Does tidal work for daphile? I can not understand ...

Call for testers! Daphile

> Does tidel work for daphile? I can not understand ...

Please get in touch with the Daphile developer. Only he knows.

--

Michael