Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Can someone advise what Linux is the latest Daphile (July 2018 release) built on ?

Anybody running it as a production server and if so what is the general consensus ?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Can someone advise what Linux is the latest Daphile (July 2018 release) built on ?

Anybody running it as a production server and if so what is the general consensus ?
    I've yet to try it, but I found: http://www.daphile.com/firmware/beta...-18.07-b090752

2018-07-09 beta version 18.07-b090752 (x86_64, x86_64-rt & i486) changes:
    - LMS update to Jun 28th, 2018 Git version (cb40858)
    - Kernel update to 4.14.52 and 4.14.52-rt34
    - Bug fixes and some component updates
    - Basically the same as stable release 18.07

G’day d6jg

I have been running Daphile as my production LMS server for at least 3 years now. I run the latest betas and they are very stable on my old Mac Mini. It’s an old Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz with 4GB ram and a 120GB SSD. Music is stored on my seperate file server.

I really like the customisations on the UI, it looks and operates better than stock IMO. Plus it has a nice dark colour theme that I prefer.

Give it a try, you can run it live from a Boot CD without making changes to your HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    G’day d6jg

I have been running Daphile as my production LMS server for at least 3 years now. I run the latest betas and they are very stable on my old Mac Mini. It’s an old Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz with 4GB ram and a 120GB SSD. Music is stored on my seperate file server.

I really like the customisations on the UI, it looks and operates better than stock IMO. Plus it has a nice dark colour theme that I prefer.

Give it a try, you can run it live from a Boot CD without making changes to your HDD.
    Thanks but do you know what brand of Linux is under the hood?
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

Thanks but do you know what brand of Linux is under the hood?
    On the first page of this thread, the author states it is based on Gentoo. That may have changed since then, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cdmackay View Post
    On the first page of this thread, the author states it is based on Gentoo. That may have changed since then, of course.
    Cheers. I must have missed that
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

Call for testers! Daphile

> I really like the customisations on the UI, it looks and operates better
    > than stock IMO. Plus it has a nice dark colour theme that I prefer.

What kind of customizations are there, besides the colors?

--

Michael

Hi,

I'm running Daphile 18.07 on a NUC.
    A Kuman 7" touchscreen is connected to the NUC.
    KMS & local UI are enabled.
    I can control the UI using the touchscreen but there's an offset between the point I'm touching and the pointer on the screen.
    I think I need to add xinput_calibrator binary to the firmware and then run it to calibrate the screen, has anyone here ever tried something like this ?
    [Edit]
    From further tests using a 19.02 Beta in a virtual machine, local UI seems to use the framebuffer, so xinput_calibrator won't help.
    ts_calibrate is present in the stock image, so I guess I'll have to install a 19.02 Beta on the NUC, plug the touchscreen, then check the way it's recognized, run ts_calibrate and then check the result.

TIA

Éric
    Last edited by emss; 2019-04-07 at 11:45.
    Server LMS 7.9 on FreeBSD11-STABLE/amd64, Squeeze2raop bridge on OpenWRT
    Office SqueezeBox3, SMSL Q5 Pro, Mission 731 Pro
    Room Airport Express 11g, FX-Audio D302 Pro, Q-Acoustics 1010i
    Main system CEC TL-2, DaPhile/NUC & Ultramatch SRC2496, DIY high efficiency loudspeakers (Hypex Horns & 15" BR enclosures), tuned Naim NAP140 clone amp, Atoll PR100 preamp, tuned Thorens TD166MkII.
    Coming soon, Armature Hecate USB/2IS interface & Audio-GD R1 DAC.

Quote Originally Posted by emss View Post
    Hi,

From further tests using a 19.02 Beta in a virtual machine, local UI seems to use the framebuffer, so xinput_calibrator won't help.
    ts_calibrate is present in the stock image, so I guess I'll have to install a 19.02 Beta on the NUC, plug the touchscreen, then check the way it's recognized, run ts_calibrate and then check the result.
    Thanks for sharing this. I haven't yet gone down this road, but have thought about it. Let us know how you make out with resolving the issue.
    Player: 1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares), 4 x Boom (Active, 9 x Spares)
    Server: 1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS, 1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC w/LMS & SqueezePlay
    Control: 4 x w/iPeng, 1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8” tablets, 1 x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl & Player (Angry Goat)
    Audio: Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD, B&W 801 II, Acoustic Energy AE-2 signature, SOTA Sapphire table

Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze infrastructure!

I was interested in post by emss using the local UI. I also use Daphile 19.0.1 64 bit but on a 10ZIG 4472. I use the local UI but would like to change the video resolution as text is too small to read easily. Is there any way to do this. I have to use the KMS driver to get video output. Without KMS driver I got a stream of code.