Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I believe the issue is that the switch to the Squeezebox FW only work is you have the latest version of the UE firmware installed.
    The UE radio should update automatically to that one but this procedure seems to fail in some setups. And _this_ seems to be provider or router-related.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan.ibell View Post
    Maybe Johanna is my doppelganger??!!

No, Spotify was not working on the Radio (but works perfectly via the Triode plugin on our two Duets) - I see others have reported the same problem, but the solution to that has been...

Now I have managed to find the source of the main problem - ie music on Logitech Media Server not playing. Essentially, I didn't have the option in the menu to select the "player" (which I thought was strange). However, when I rebooted the Radio, holding down the RW key to ensure it booted into the Squeeezebox firmware, this menu turned up (but then disappears after a while). The "player" menu at this point gave me the choice of the Radio, and then to select the library - ueradio.com (sorry, don't know correct address as am at work) or "NAS music" (my LMS library). The latter option gave me full access to the LMS library and the Triode Spotify app, therefore the Radio is now a fully-functioning Squeezebox!

I'm confused why the "player" menu disappears each time after initially being visible, but at least I know how to get past this.

Can anyone, though, explain why the Radio boots back into the standard UE firmware if I don't hold down the RW button? Is this how it's supposed to be or is mine acting up? If the latter, is there anything I can do to set the Squeezebox firmware as the default?

Many thanks
    Jonathan
    Well, I've had no luck getting to the bottom of this. While it's generally been working ok (as long as it's not turned off fully, or if there are issues with my wider Squeezebox setup, which have unfortunately been frequent this week!), I still wasn't happy with having what is clearly a unit that's not functioning as it should.

I rang Logitech this morning and their answer is to replace the unit, which I'm in the middle of arranging with the shop I bought it from.

There's no way that I'm not going to upgrade the replacement to the Squeezebox firmware, given the ease of integration with our existing Squeezeboxes and that we're running the Logitech Media Server on a NAS for that's not supported by the UE software, plus that Spotify works perfectly (whereas I was getting that common error message when attempting to play Spotify files via the UE firmware). So, are there any tips that I should follow when upgrading to hopefully avoid the same problems I encountered the first time around? Clearly upgrade to the most recent UE firmware is a given, but can anyone offer any other advice?

Many thanks...

Adding a data point to the thread.

Just bought a UE Smart Radio (because I knew I could upgrade it back to the Radio FW).

On first power on, added to wireless and it successfully upgraded to (I assume) the latest UE firmware.

I then selected the firmware swap (to Squeezebox Radio) in the advanced menu.

It started downloading, but randomly kept failing at various points of the download.

I then moved the UE Smart Radio to be close to my router, and then next update attempt worked.

So perhaps if you are having issues, try moving closer to your wireless router / access point or even better plug into a wired ethernet connection.

Cheers

hi,

i would like to but a smart radio and downgrade it to squeezebox (to link to other sb devices), is it easy and sure to do that? are there any issues?
    thanks
    Touchx2,radiox4, Squeezebox Server 7.9 (Raspberrypi 3 and qnap ts-269)

Smart Radio and Squeezebox softwareupgradability

> i would like to but a smart radio and downgrade it to squeezebox (to
    > link to other sb devices), is it easy and sure to do that? are there any
    > issues?

It's selecting a menu item (Settings/Advanced/Migrate), confirm a few
    screens and sit out the installation of the new firmware. Shouldn't take
    you more than 5-10 minutes.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    >

--

Michael
    I'd known this was possible and not difficult, but this is excellent confirmation. I've ordered one at the sale price from Amazon US (not on the Canadian site, where I live), but even with shipping and import costs it is half the price as offered on Canadian Amazon. An especially good deal, since it appears to include a battery, unlike the original Radio.

Ron

Actually it isn't quite as easy as it is made out to be. It is actually

Settings -> Advanced -> Switch to Squeezebox

Then you are presented with options to "Cancel" "Free Your Music" or "Update Manually"

Cancel does what you would expect, but the other two options result in "Failed to register your player for migration. Please try again!"

No matter how many times I try I get the same result. Then if I ever back out of the menu completely, it won't go back in to the "Switch the Squeezebox" unless I do a factory reset. My wireless signal strength is 93% and it successfully updated the UE firmware when I first plugged it in.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > i would like to but a smart radio and downgrade it to squeezebox (to
    > link to other sb devices), is it easy and sure to do that? are there any
    > issues?

--

Michael
    If it was only that easy. I have been trying to convert a UE Smart Radio to a SB radio for over three months without success. Logitech has sent me three replacements as they suspected hardware problems. The latest replacement has also failed to convert. The trouble ticket has been open for a month and I am still waiting for a resolution from Logitech. Earlier this week, they asked me who is my Internet provider.

The convertion works for some people, but I have no idea why it won't work for me.

Paul

Smart Radio and Squeezebox softwareupgradability

> Logitech. Earlier this week, they asked me who is my Internet
    > provider.

Great! Who is it?

Did you try the new method outlined here:
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logite...s/td-p/1111291

There is an issue known to prevent ATT/Uverse users from updating. But
    with the method described in that article it should work. As you can see
    from the first response it's too new for support to know it :-).

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    If it was only that easy. I have been trying to convert a UE Smart Radio to a SB radio for over three months without success. Logitech has sent me three replacements as they suspected hardware problems. The latest replacement has also failed to convert. The trouble ticket has been open for a month and I am still waiting for a resolution from Logitech. Earlier this week, they asked me who is my Internet provider.

The convertion works for some people, but I have no idea why it won't work for me.

Paul
    Heh how smart are these guys ( support ) instead of sending you 3 they could have converted the original one for you and saved time and money.....

If you suspect ISP related problems , walk over to a friendly neighbour and see if they have a different ISP and try there .
    This is probably true ,but I don't know why ,the upgrade process won't work with all ISP .

Or try the manual way as outlined in another tread it can't go more wrong can it ? And Logitech keeps sending them your way ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html