Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Although very very very happy it works is there any benefit for the ue interface?

YouTube option in UE is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Stay with SqueezeBox. The only real benefit to UE is the addition of the iHeartRadio service. Everything else is pretty much the same as far as services offered.
    There are *many* draw backs in usage and customization with UE vs SqueezeBox.

I disagree.....the Youtube option in UE is actually something that I really wish existed in LMS. Just about any song you could ever think of can be found using a search in Youtube. It is a very unappreciated feature in UE that may actually be enough to make me settle for UE over LMS for the long haul.

Am I missing a plugin that provides this option in LMS? If so, please let me know! Thanks.

There is a YouTube plugin for LMS, too. But actually I wasn't aware that you can use YouTube with the UE Radio, how do I enable that?

It's not in my list of services and I'm actually really surprised to hear that should work.

You can install the LMS plugin under 3rd party plugins in "Settings->Plugins"
    Last edited by pippin; 2013-08-22 at 02:30.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by winsall View Post
    I disagree.....the Youtube option in UE is actually something that I really wish existed in LMS. Just about any song you could ever think of can be found using a search in Youtube.....
    Sure you are not confusing YouTube with iHeartRadio? Or maybe confusing SB LMS (which has YouTube) with UE?

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    There is a YouTube plugin for LMS, too. But actually I wasn't aware that you can use YouTube with the UE Radio, how do I enable that?

It's not in my list of services and I'm actually really surprised to hear that should work.

You can install the LMS plugin under 3rd party plugins in "Settings->Plugins"
    I have that plugin enabled but have never been able to find it on any of my radios using LMS. When I got my UE Radio, it was in the menu and it just worked. Reverted to Squeezebox firmware and lost it. Not sure WTF....

Quote Originally Posted by winsall View Post
    I have that plugin enabled but have never been able to find it on any of my radios using LMS. When I got my UE Radio, it was in the menu and it just worked. Reverted to Squeezebox firmware and lost it. Not sure WTF....
    have you "ticked" the "show all 3rd party plugins" option in the plugins page within LMS > SETTINGS > Plugins tab? EDIT: nevermind, I see you have the plugin installed, but don't see it on the RADIO itself.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

It's in MyApps.
    I would just like to know where it's supposed to be on UE because I have never seen it there and frankly I don't know how Logitech COULD have provided it given YouTube's licensing
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Update to my fail to convert to squeezebox

My SB radio LCD failed so Logitech sent a UE radio as a replacement. That UE radio failed to convert to SB firmware via the menu option. Customer support said it was a hardware problem and to send it back. The replacement for the replacement also fails to convert to SB firmware via the menu. I contacted tech support a week ago and they had to escalate the issue. I asked for them to send me a unit already converted to SB radio.

As of this morning. I have not heard back from Logitech. I hope it did not fall into the black hole zone.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    My SB radio LCD failed so Logitech sent a UE radio as a replacement. That UE radio failed to convert to SB firmware via the menu option. Customer support said it was a hardware problem and to send it back. The replacement for the replacement also fails to convert to SB firmware via the menu. I contacted tech support a week ago and they had to escalate the issue. I asked for them to send me a unit already converted to SB radio.

As of this morning. I have not heard back from Logitech. I hope it did not fall into the black hole zone.

Paul
    Paul, let us know how this gets resolved as I had the same issue with 2 of my recently purchased UE radios in that they would not update or convert to the Squeezebox software. In my case I was able to get them to update and convert by using a different ISP which was a tip I found on the official Logitech support form. So, it appears that this problem is more widespread than just our UE radios.

What I don't understand is why using a differnt ISP would make a difference as I was able to update my older genuine Squeezebox radios numerous times without difficulity.

What would be interesting is if you could try to update the radio using a different ISP and see if it was successful. However, in my case I had to try several different ISP's before I got it to work.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
    Paul, let us know how this gets resolved as I had the same issue with 2 of my recently purchased UE radios in that they would not update or convert to the Squeezebox software. In my case I was able to get them to update and convert by using a different ISP which was a tip I found on the official Logitech support form. So, it appears that this problem is more widespread than just our UE radios.

What I don't understand is why using a differnt ISP would make a difference as I was able to update my older genuine Squeezebox radios numerous times without difficulity.

What would be interesting is if you could try to update the radio using a different ISP and see if it was successful. However, in my case I had to try several different ISP's before I got it to work.

Bill
    A guess could be that's it is about DNS resolving in some funny way , a differnt ISP mighty have differnt DNA servers .
    So a thing to try could be a different DNS server in the router settings for example googles DNS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html