Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    All sorted now, thanks a lot.

Can I restore my UE Smart Radio back to the original UE Smart Radio firmware?

Hey there

A few years ago I got some great help on this very thread to assist me converting my UE Smart Radio to the Squeezebox firmware; we've been using it like that since and it's run really well, but have now had enough of the problems with our other Squeezeboxes (both Duets) and we have moved to another solution, so ideally I'd like to stop having to run LMS for this single device.

As such, I've been searching everywhere for instructions on how to revert a UE Smart Radio that's been 'downgraded' to run Squeezebox firmware to the 'original' UE Smart Radio firmware; I've read hints that this is possible, but logically all the sites I've read are discussing the 'downgrade' route.

Is this possible, and if so can someone please point me to instructions on how to achieve this?

Also, I'm assuming I'll be able to continue to run both Spotify and Pandora on an 'original' UE Smart Radio? I accept this means losing access to music on our NAS, but this is fine given how it's used these days.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan.ibell View Post
    Hey there

A few years ago I got some great help on this very thread to assist me converting my UE Smart Radio to the Squeezebox firmware; we've been using it like that since and it's run really well, but have now had enough of the problems with our other Squeezeboxes (both Duets) and we have moved to another solution, so ideally I'd like to stop having to run LMS for this single device.

As such, I've been searching everywhere for instructions on how to revert a UE Smart Radio that's been 'downgraded' to run Squeezebox firmware to the 'original' UE Smart Radio firmware; I've read hints that this is possible, but logically all the sites I've read are discussing the 'downgrade' route.

Is this possible, and if so can someone please point me to instructions on how to achieve this?

Also, I'm assuming I'll be able to continue to run both Spotify and Pandora on an 'original' UE Smart Radio? I accept this means losing access to music on our NAS, but this is fine given how it's used these days.

Thanks!
    You wont be able to run Spotify.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Is that for real, in that I won't be able to use Spotify if I revert back to the UE Radio firmware (even with a paid-for account)?

I looked at my mother's UE Smart Radio this afternoon, which is still running the original firmware, and that mentions Spotify on the screen relating to apps.

Look forward to any instructions on how to do the reversion, but would have to think carefully about doing so if it meant no Spotify...

But does spotify work on your mother's radio?
    For me lms on a raspberry pi is working like a dream after I connected the pi to an UPS. No more problems after power outages
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

No, I haven't tried Spotify on her one; more just thinking it may be supported as the screen made specific mention of it! But looking at the apps at https://www.uesmartradio.com/appgallery it looks like Spotify's been removed; I never used mine in its original form, as I was running two other Squeezeboxes and LMS so it made sense to run it as a Squeezebox. Now that's not the case I thought I could move to running it without LMS.

Yeah, I'm running LMS on a Pi as well, and it's been pretty much perfect for the Radio - and I'm sure it's more a wireless issue with the controllers that caused all the hassles with the Duets, as opposed to the server itself. I just thought that if Pandora and Spotify worked on the original firmware it would save me having to run the Pi, but if that's not the case I may need to re-think this...

Connect Radio to MySB.com, log into your MySB.com account, go to Players > Radio. There is a button to click to Upgrade to UE. No idea about Spotify on UE.

stuck with UE SMART RADIO can't switch to squeezebox

I've tried factory reset. I've tried back to default settings. I've tried several ways of resetting it (more button + plug in adaptor, hold rewind + turn on and via menu on the unit).

Before I did all this, my player suddenly quit playing pandora and iheartradio but it could play calm radio. All network settings were good and wifi was strong. Couldn't access favorite either.

So I tried all the methods above since those were the instructions I could find but i never succeeded updating any software or reverting it to squeezebox. Now, I can't play anything since it's all reset. The only thing I was able to do was setup the wifi network. =(

I just want to have it working again and prefer that it can add direct internet radio urls so definitely want to switch back to squeezebox software. Please help! My kids use it to listen to classical music every night and without it, they go bonkers complaining about the silence....HELP!

Smart Radio and Squeezebox softwareupgradability

> I've tried factory reset. I've tried back to default settings. I've
    > tried several ways of resetting it (more button + plug in adaptor, hold
    > rewind + turn on and via menu on the unit).

Ahm... can you tell us what you're trying to achieve? What firmware are
    you running right now? What exactly is happening?

> Before I did all this, my player suddenly quit playing pandora and
    > iheartradio but it could play calm radio. All network settings were
    > good and wifi was strong. Couldn't access favorite either.

When did this happen?

--

Michael

Smart Radio and Squeezebox softwareupgradability

> Before I did all this, my player suddenly quit playing pandora and
    > iheartradio but it could play calm radio.

Would you get any error message? Things usually don't just not work, but
    give you hints about why something was failing. Eg. can you still browse
    stations, but they wouldn't play? Or menus fail to show at all?

--

Michael