Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Smart Radio and Squeezebox softwareupgradability

> So the bottom line of this thread is you can buy an UE Radio and convert
    > it into a Squeezebox Radio via Software Update?
    > The UE Radio thus would become the newest Squeezebox Hardware you can
    > buy.

Heh... I never thought of it that way! But yes, you're right.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > So the bottom line of this thread is you can buy an UE Radio and convert
    > it into a Squeezebox Radio via Software Update?
    > The UE Radio thus would become the newest Squeezebox Hardware you can
    > buy.

Heh... I never thought of it that way! But yes, you're right.

--

Michael
    That is actually not a bad idea. I have big connection problems at this time with one Logitech Radio and one UE. The last one is giving the most encouraging results. This one sometimes stays connected for more than a day

Dan, I know this is an old post, but can you tell me how you solved this? I am having the same issue. A UE Smart Radio converted to a Squeezebox, I have a Squeezebox account but don't see anywhere to login on the radio itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo-McDuff View Post
    Hi,

I have a UE smart radio and would like to be able to add custom radio URLs and everything I have found online suggested using the Squeezebox OS to do this so I followed the instructions to install it and it appeared to work but after connecting to my WiFi I am never prompted to connected to the Mysqueezbox.com site where I have registered an account. If I go to My Apps or Favourites I get "An error has occurred with your account. Please try factory resetting your player." exactly like this http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...play-favorites. Factory resetting or reinstalling the firmware does not help.

Network diags are passed (can reach mysqueezbox.com etc.) and if I play a station manually it works okay. I just can't connect all my favourites with the TuneIn app etc. because I can't link it to mysqueezebox. It is running 7.7.3 r16676.

Any ideas how to fix this or if not is it possible to roll back to to the Logitech UE OS?

Cheers,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by papercrate View Post
    Dan, I know this is an old post, but can you tell me how you solved this? I am having the same issue. A UE Smart Radio converted to a Squeezebox, I have a Squeezebox account but don't see anywhere to login on the radio itself.
    On your Radio browse to Settings > Advanced > Networking > Switch to mysqueezebox.com?

Name:  mysbdotcom.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  20.4 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Thanks for the reply kidstypike but I don't see that option. I have already switched to mysqueezebox. All I have for options there is Add Remote Library and to change the wifi network. The diagnostics show that mysqueezebox is registered and it is connected to the mysqueezebox server but I am unable to add anything or see where to login on the radio itself.

We I updated the radio to the latest firmware (and software) it never provided an option to enter mysqueezebox account (as mentioned in the steps on the My Player tab of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    On your Radio browse to Settings > Advanced > Networking > Switch to mysqueezebox.com?

Name:  mysbdotcom.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  20.4 KB

Thanks for the reply kidstypike but I don't see that option. I have already switched to mysqueezebox. All I have for options there is Add Remote Library and to change the wifi network. The diagnostics show that mysqueezebox is registered and it is connected to the mysqueezebox server but I am unable to add anything or see where to login on the radio itself.

We I updated the radio to the latest firmware (and software) it never provided an option to enter mysqueezebox account (as mentioned in the steps on the My Player tab of the website.
    If you don't see the option to connect to mysqueezebox.com, that suggests that your radio is already connected to mysqueezebox.com. When you go to "mysqueezebox.com" on your web browser (not your radio), and login there, do you see your radio listed under "players"?
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    If you don't see the option to connect to mysqueezebox.com, that suggests that your radio is already connected to mysqueezebox.com. When you go to "mysqueezebox.com" on your web browser (not your radio), and login there, do you see your radio listed under "players"?
    I did not initially, but after a second factory reset, it is now working! Thanks for your help and support, and patience. New to this smart radio thing but looking forward to see what I can do with it. Big NPR listener and podcasts, independent radio, etc.

I did not initially, but after a second factory reset, it is now working! Thanks for your help and support, and patience. New to this smart radio thing but looking forward to see what I can do with it. Big NPR listener and podcasts, independent radio, etc.
    have fun. The world of internet radio, even just thinking about public radio, is pretty amazing.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify