Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

PowerSwitch III -- universal low voltage trigger

This plugin extends Felix's PowerSwitch II functionality so that any squeezebox client (soft or hard) can utilize a SB Classic (e.g., SB2 or SB3) or Transporter's ir/geek port to send a low volt trigger to, for e.g., power on a multi-zone amp.

Requires an SB2, SB3, or Transporter and an external relay OR a device that can accept a low voltage trigger (~3.5v)--e.g., Felix's circuit design or an amp or powerstrip that can accept a low voltage trigger. For e.g., I'm using an SB3's trigger to power on an outlet on a Belkin Pureav PF60 (which accepts triggers down to 3.3v) to power on a multizone amp being fed streams via squeezeLite (thanks to Triode for best player for headless client) running on a pogoplug (thanks to Andrew for VortexBox Vamp project for modified squeezeplug image and instructions--looking forward to v5 with--hopefully--multiple dac support so one pogoplug can support 4 squeezeLite clients/streams). Turning on squeezelite client turns on amp, and so long as any squeezelite client is on, trigger stays on--regardless of whether SB3 is "on" or sleeping (i.e., displaying time).

Plugin is located at https://github.com/motske/PowerSwitch3
    v1 works fine (unless you have more than one SB Classics/Transporters)
    Next revision (thanks Kevin M!) should solve multiple SB Classics/Transporter issue and add settings menus to webpage etc.

Does this work on Mac computer?

Power Switch II works on my Windows PC. However, I recently switched to Mac computer and Power Switch II does not work on Mac.

Can your Power Switch III work on Mac? I have 2 SB3s and 1 Transporter. Thanks.
    Main system:
    Source: Transporter, modded by ModWright: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/m...ansporter.html
    Preamp: Dude from Tube Research Labs: http://www.tuberesearchlabs.com/products/dude.html
    Amp: NP100 Platinum from AltaVista Audio: http://www.altavistaaudio.com/np100.html
    Speakers: Alto Utopia Be from Focal-JMLab: http://www.focal.com/en/home-audio-l...-utopia-be.php

Power Switch III should work on a Mac running Logitech Media Server (LMS) as it is simply a perl plugin for LMS--but then again, so should Power Switch II. I haven't used it on a mac yet (but it was written on a mac--perl is cross platform). If I ever get around to converting windows server to customac, I'll update this response. If you do try, don't forget to follow identification and proper naming conventions--which is how the plugin knows who masters (non-SB3 device) and slave (SB3 device) are--summarized at github link. Oh and sorry for delay in responding!!

Raspbian Wheezy

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but am hoping for help anyways.

I am trying to install the Powerswitch III plugin on a raspberry pi running raspbian wheezy but get this error code in the LMS log

Code:
    [15-08-26 18:09:29.3966] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::_parseInstallManifest (648) Warning: Unable to parse XML in file [/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/PowerSwitchIII/install.xml]: [
    not well-formed (invalid token) at line 33, column 70, byte 2525 at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/XML/Parser.pm line 187
    Any idea what might be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by nskou View Post
    Hi,

I know this is an old thread but am hoping for help anyways.

I am trying to install the Powerswitch III plugin on a raspberry pi running raspbian wheezy but get this error code in the LMS log

Code:
    [15-08-26 18:09:29.3966] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::_parseInstallManifest (648) Warning: Unable to parse XML in file [/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/PowerSwitchIII/install.xml]: [
    not well-formed (invalid token) at line 33, column 70, byte 2525 at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/XML/Parser.pm line 187
    Any idea what might be wrong?
    Nskou,
    Sounds like install.xml has been corrupted, since it is only supposed to have 21 lines (not 33). There appears to be an extra line in the file in the original, but parser should have ignored it (does on my win box). Create an issue on GitHub so you can send us the file and we can try to sort it out. You may have to create GitHub account if you don't have one (free). Just search powerswitch3 and hit the ! on the side to create issue.
    Be curious to hear if latest raspberry pi's are fast enough as a server to keep apps like squeezepad speedy. I'm using several pogoplug e02s as players--work flawlessly with vortexbox's vamp player. Been tempted to turn one into a server and store files on cloud.
    Best regards,
    Robert

In case someone else has same problem in future, apparently wget can mangle install file when downloading file directly to raspi. Downloading from another machine and transferring file to raspi will avoid problem.