Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Spotify plugin not appearing

Hi folks,

I have an older Squeezebox v3 and a premium account with Spotify. I tried to install the Spotify app by going to mysqueezebox.com, and it appeared to work, but the app doesn't show up on my Squeezebox. It also doesn't appear in App Gallery -- Music On-Demand, either.

Is Spotify not compatible with my older hardware??

Thanks so much for your help!

Best,

Mary

Spotify plugin not appearing

> Is Spotify not compatible with my older hardware??

Yes, it's not compatible. You'd have to use Triode's Spotify plugin to
    work around limitation.

--

Michael

Thank you, Michael! I just found instructions for the Triode plugin and will try it later today. Much appreciated!

Best,

Mary

And... it does seem to work with Squeezebox basic player! But, it seems to require that the Squeezebox music server is running. I had thought that Spotify would run through mysqueezebox.com, without the need for the computer that runs music server to be turned on. Does anyone know, is that correct?

(Oh... in case anyone else needs it, instructions on 3rd party Triode plugin are at https://www.spotify.com/us/blog/arch...#comment-40640. ))

Many thanks,

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by mpete631702 View Post
    Thank you, Michael! I just found instructions for the Triode plugin and will try it later today. Much appreciated!

Best,

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by mpete631702 View Post
    And... it does seem to work with Squeezebox basic player! But, it seems to require that the Squeezebox music server is running. I had thought that Spotify would run through mysqueezebox.com, without the need for the computer that runs music server to be turned on. Does anyone know, is that correct?

(Oh... in case anyone else needs it, instructions on 3rd party Triode plugin are at https://www.spotify.com/us/blog/arch...#comment-40640. ))

Many thanks,

Mary
    yes, that's correct. Triode's 3rd party spotify plugin ONLY works when the the local music sever is running. It won't work with mysqueezebox.com.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    yes, that's correct. Triode's 3rd party spotify plugin ONLY works when the the local music sever is running. It won't work with mysqueezebox.com.
    Thank you, Gary! I really appreciate it. ^__^

- Mary