Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Smart Gain

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    I believe the setting for getting Smart Gain with a external sources (internet radio, Pandora, etc) is only in LMS 7.8, and you are running 7.7.2.
    I've tried updating the firmware, but I can't do it automatically. Is there a update available for the Synology server do you have advice how I can update it?

If you mean the general Smart Gain setting for local music only, open up the LMS web interface and look under Settings > Players > Audio > Volume Adjustment
    Thanks, I already have that option checked. But I would like to have the extra options available for streaming music (Spotify and internet streams) mentioned above because when I change back and forth to local music/stream, the volume changes dramatically!

Quote Originally Posted by touchmatt View Post
    I've tried updating the firmware, but I can't do it automatically. Is there a update available for the Synology server do you have advice how I can update it?
    Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Synology family. How do you normally update LMS? Is it through a Synology firmware update? If so, then it's probably not available now because 7.8 is still beta software. I have no idea what Synology will do about updating to 7.8, especially as I've read that Logitech will not officially release 7.8.

If, on the other hand, you can update LMS without depending on Synology, have a look at http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.8 and download the appropriate package.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Synology family. How do you normally update LMS? Is it through a Synology firmware update? If so, then it's probably not available now because 7.8 is still beta software. I have no idea what Synology will do about updating to 7.8, especially as I've read that Logitech will not officially release 7.8.

If, on the other hand, you can update LMS without depending on Synology, have a look at http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.8 and download the appropriate package.
    Thanks once again for your answer. unfortunately I have to wait until Synology releases a new update, because it seems you can't do it manually by updating with one the packages from your link and the one I have running says I have the latest version installed. Too bad

Yes, unfortunately that's a major downside to having to depend on the NAS manufacturer for updates. They generally don't update their firmware for beta versions of things like LMS.

Quote Originally Posted by 808htfan View Post
    I don't listen to a mix of local and internet tracks often, if ever, but I also wanted to thank Michael and everyone else for continuing to improve LMS.

I wonder, does this new gain adjustment apply to local tracks/files that don't have replaygain info? Can it be made to?
    Hi everybody,

Sorry for the "awaking" of this (very) old subject that I just discover, but as 808htfan suggested and I more recently ( https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ing-prevention ), adding exactly the same function for local track with replaygain tag and local track without replaygain tag, exactly the way foobar2000 do it will be.... wonderful

If someone can help.

Thank's a lot

Quote Originally Posted by JII View Post
    Hi everybody,

Sorry for the "awaking" of this (very) old subject that I just discover, but as 808htfan suggested and I more recently ( https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ing-prevention ), adding exactly the same function for local track with replaygain tag and local track without replaygain tag, exactly the way foobar2000 do it will be.... wonderful

If someone can help.

Thank's a lot
    I have started to tag my library with replaygain tags. This is a process that will take me some time.

In the meantime l have the same problem, that (local) tracks without replaygain play much louder.

It seems to me to be a real problem with a "simple" solution.

I'm not a programmer, but why not "just" activate the same gain adjustment that exist for internet streaming, for local streaming with replaygain and local streaming without replaygain ?

Quote Originally Posted by zoltanplangar View Post
    anyway if you are concerned with sound quality , unfortunately replaygain creates jitter.
    Sorry, this is incorrect in so many ways.....
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.3.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by zoltanplangar View Post
    use XRECODE it can do that in batch (but is 10$ for the replay gain function)

anyway if you are concerned with sound quality , unfortunately replaygain creates jitter.

my solution was a preamp ....
    Don't bother replying to this post.

See Michael's response to another zoltaplangar post and decide for yourself if you want to waste time.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1064607

Quote Originally Posted by KTSq View Post
    I have started to tag my library with replaygain tags. This is a process that will take me some time.

In the meantime l have the same problem, that (local) tracks without replaygain play much louder.
    I use DBpoweramp which includes a batch converter so you could do your entire local library.

There are other utilities that will also perform replay gain tag the function.

The most important point is to create a tag and NOT adjust the level of the audio file.

good luck.

Paul