Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    I'm assuming by default, even ignoring the failure of the EDID scan, it starts in 1080p, and whatever the default is, that works OK if I set the TV to "Just Scan". (If I try to force the resolution or 16:9, I don't get a picture.) Probably need to fiddle with it a little more.
    I should spell out what I mean....

At present the kernel starts up in 1920x1080@60 mode because of the kernel args and this is the resolution the text which occurs on startup is shown at. However jivelite then runs automatically and it opens a skin which will potentially change the resolution. So the question I'm trying to get a feel for is what default skin resolution we should use for jivelite.

It seems that we can't rely on automatic detection of resolution and there is one case I am aware of where the 1920x1080p skin resulted in no display on the TV, but the 1280x720p skin works.

So looking for people to go to the Settings -> Screen -> Skin menu and change between the two 16:9 HD skins and prove if they can see both. If they can can they reboot and immediately see a display in both cases. [There are 3 versions of the HD skin, but the 1280x1024 is intended for 4:3 monitors rather than TVs]

The one case we have so far of the default 1920x1080 skin not showing anything at all on albertone74's TV can be worked around by editting this file:

Code:
    sudo vi /home/jivelite/.jivelite/userpath/settings/SelectSkin.lua
    to make it contain (or creating it with the following if it is not there) typing "sync" and "reboot".

Code:
    settings = {skin="HDSkin-720",}
    The reason I would like more data is that I would like to understand if it is a common problem for the current default skin to show anything and whether we should change the default to work in more cases.
    Last edited by Triode; 2013-04-13 at 06:48.

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    It would be useful to have someone else, who is familiar with rpm packaging, on board. With regard to development, the source for the CS Web-GUI is available from GitHub. Next week, I'll add our kernel/uboot patches and build scripts to the Community Squeeze git.
    If I would translate the CS Web-GUI into Dutch & French, how would it be best to proceed?Two separate branches for the respective languages?
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    If I would translate the CS Web-GUI into Dutch & French, how would it be best to proceed?Two separate branches for the respective languages?
    Need Clive to answer for the Web interface. The jivelite interface can have additional languages added for the bits I've added which are only in English. You can find the string.txt files and add additional lines for other languages and then mail them to me? These are the SetupSqueezelite and SetupNetworking applets. [probably not so critical]

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Need Clive to answer for the Web interface. The jivelite interface can have additional languages added for the bits I've added which are only in English. You can find the string.txt files and add additional lines for other languages and then mail them to me? These are the SetupSqueezelite and SetupNetworking applets. [probably not so critical]
    Just sent you SetupSqueezelite in Dutch & French.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Just sent you SetupSqueezelite in Dutch & French.
    Thanks - now in the the jivelite repository, will make it to CSOS when Clive next builds this.

Consider updating link on front page of communitysqueeze.org to R3?

Done
    Some people may assume the prominent link on the front page of http://www.communitysqueeze.org/ is up-to-date. If someone has a few seconds, it might be worth making it point to the R3 image instead of the R1.

http://www.communitysqueeze.org/imag...30409-1.img.7z

to be replaced by:

http://www.communitysqueeze.org/imag...30412-1.img.7z

Just a thought.
    ----------------------
    "Dreamer, easy in the chair that really fits you..."

Quote Originally Posted by dsdreamer View Post
    Some people may assume the prominent link on the front page of http://www.communitysqueeze.org/ is up-to-date. If someone has a few seconds, it might be worth making it point to the R3 image instead of the R1.
    Done. Thank you.

Debug shutdown

I haven't been able to reproduce the shutdown hang seen by Alcaudon.

Alcaudon,

Please do the following from an ssh session.

Code:
    wget http://www.communitysqueeze.org/images/wandboard/CSOS/shutdown-debug.tgz
    sudo tar zxvf shutdown-debug.tgz -C /
    sync
    sudo reboot -f
    After the reboot, every time you shutdown from then on, a log will be written to /shutdown-log.txt. If you experience a reboot hang, firstly please leave it at least 5 mins before you pull the power or hit the reset button, to be sure it is a hang. If you do hit the reset, after the reboot, PM me the /shutdown-log.txt. Thank you.

Thank you for the offer. Give me a couple of days. I will create a template for the en locale. You can then use that as a starting point for creating new template files with Dutch and French translations.

The reason I would like more data is that I would like to understand if it is a common problem for the current default skin to show anything and whether we should change the default to work in more cases.
    Understood. BTW, where do I buy one of those flirc dongles from? Is this what you are using?