Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Strictly speaking it's a fresh build of Jivelite under Ubuntu 18.04. My main aim was to have a controller that didn't additionally create another player in LMS, which is what the Squeezeplay build does. And then, to cover all the bases, I added a new Applet to launch an instance of Squeezelite, for those who DO want it to function as a player, e.g. by feeding a USB DAC from the Joggler.

I too have three of these now - one next to my main amplifier controlling my main piCorePlayer, one next to my kitchen Boom (so I don't have to squint at its fading display or touch it's sticky knob!), and one in the bedroom controlling an Audio Pro C3 airplay speaker. They can each be set to control any player, but I also added an Applet so that any player on the network can be toggled on and off from any Joggler.
    @chill
    Did you ever get around to documenting / write a single How To - there are 20 something pages in your thread on the subject?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    @chill
    Did you ever get around to documenting / write a single How To - there are 20 something pages in your thread on the subject?
    I didn't, but I can do so here in a few sentences. Neither did I get around to renaming my images as proper releases - I was calling them 'alpha' releases because I was still changing the functionality. In reality I'm done adding new stuff now, so they should be 'beta' at least, and since nobody's reported any bugs they're effectively my final release. Anyway, that's why they're still called 'alpha'.

You can get them here: http://www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha04/
    In that folder there are two zipped images - one for use on a USB stick, and the other intended for over-writing the Joggler's OS - and two MD5 files, which are used to check that your downloads arrived without error. If you're going to overwrite the Joggler's OS you'll need the corresponding MD5 file.

1) If you want to test the software without overwriting the existing OS, then download JiveliteForJoggler_alpha04_USB.img.gz, and use your favourite USB flashing tool to write that image to a USB memory stick (>= 1GB). I use Balena Etcher on my Macbook. Pop the USB stick into the USB socket on the side of the Joggler and reboot. I run one of my Jogglers from a very compact USB stick because the internal flash memory no longer works, and it's so compact you'd barely know it was there.

2) If you want to overwrite the Joggler's OS, use Andy Davison's Reflash tool - full instructions are on the linked page. In his steps 4 and 5, use my files JiveliteForJoggler_alpha04.img.gz and JiveliteForJoggler_alpha04.img.gz.md5, NOT the USB versions.

Whichever version you use, you'll need to do a couple of things on first boot. It will ask you to select a language, and then you'll need to visit the 'Setting's -> 'Network' page to configure either wired or wireless connection. Hopefully it's all pretty intuitive.

EDIT: I should add that navigating around is a bit slow on first boot (maybe it's setting up file systems or something), so if you access the network settings page immediately it may seem to hang for a second or two here and there. But after that it all behaves quite responsively.
    Last edited by chill; 2019-08-14 at 08:55.

Recently purchased a joggler, thank you for the advice.

It came with pnp3 firmware installed, I guess. And the first thing I tested was the squeezeplay app, which was included. But there were problems connecting to my wifi and maintaining the connection, so I couldn't get it to connect to the LMS and control the playback. What made matters worse was that I accidentally uninstalled the app through its settings (thinking I would only clear its settings that way). So for now I only use my joggler to boot the SqueezePlay OS or Jivelite from USB. And both images work great.

Anyway, the experience would be even better if we could customize the now playing screen. Is it possible to edit it somehow to choose what information it displays? I would really love to see the bit depth and sample rate, for example. I have seen this question asked somewhere, but couldn't find an answer quickly, so I guess it's not too easy to achieve. As a possible workaround, I was thinking, maybe the applets that can be displayed as a screensaver, could be used to display the currently playing track info and artwork? For example the Information Screen plugin.

So, does anyone use a custom now playing view somehow, and would like to share their experience?

Edit: One way to solve this, is to use the Custom Clock applet, which is available for download in Jivelite's applet installer. Together with Custom Clock Helper plugin, which is installed on the server side, it is possible to create a custom view with all the information that you need. And then we can set it as a screensaver, and it displays the preconfigured info. At first I thought that displaying the bit depth (SAMPLESIZE) and sample rate (SAMPLERATE) was not possible, but the trick is to add the SAMPLESIZE and SAMPLERATE tags to the server's settings>interface and also to the Custom Clock Helper plugin, in the Various settings section, as described in this post.

EDIT2: If somebody who encountered this as well will read this - could you explain how do we set the clock timezone? Because in the Custom Clock applet and in one of the default screensavers (digital clock), the GMT time is displayed and I would like to set it to my timezone, but I don't know if I should do it on my joggler (jivelight), or in the LMS server's settings somewhere?
    Last edited by mnd; 2019-10-14 at 03:05.