Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    I was thinking about the Raspberry Pi approach. Would Raspberry Pi zero with wifi be sufficient for pCP and jivelite, or a more powerful cpu is needed?
    I found a guide to install pCP and jivelite on Raspberry Pi, but I have almost zero experience with linux, so it seems quite complex on first look, but interesting nonetheless.
    Also, I don't need the device to actually play the music, only to control the renderer. So maybe it would be easier to simply install a prepared image of an OS (I have seen that some Raspberry Pi touchscreens come with OS images, which I hope are preconfigured to work with the touchscreen out of the box) and just use a browser to access the LMS web interface?
    The reason this looks so complicated is that hes using a non Raspberry touchscreen.
    I do not think you can use a Pi Zero as it has no touchscreen interface

With piCorePlayer a Pi 3B+ or 4 and a Raspberry touchscreen it will be easier.

Man In a Van's Suggestion of the Joggler is also a good one, though I'm not sure of the work involved in putting Jivelite on it.

If you're in the UK theres a couple on ebay search "openpeak"

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2019-08-14 at 04:53. Reason: added joggler
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post

Man In a Van's Suggestion of the Joggler is also a good one, though I'm not sure of the work involved in putting Jivelite on it.
    It's easy!

See this post for a link to my 'Jivelite for Joggler' builds. Get the USB image, burn it to a USB flash drive, plug it into the Joggler and reboot. If you like it, you can always replace the Joggler's built-in software using the internal image from the same link, to avoid having to boot from a USB stick.

The reason this looks so complicated is that hes using a non Raspberry touchscreen.

Jeff
    See here for Joggler jivelite:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post935724
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff
    The default "Squeezeplay" is much easier and works as a controller. It's a bit clunky though, isn't it, mind.

Jeff
    I use 3 x O2 Jogglers as Controllers / Now Playing displays.

Each has been flashed with the SqueezeOS - https://birdslikewires.uk/tag/squeezeplay/ - replacing the Openpeak software with a version of Squeezeplay & Jivelite which turns the Joggler into a SB Player with Touchscreen but it can be set up to control another Player (or Group Player). Combined with a USB DAC the Joggler is still quite a decent player but I only use one in this mode. The other 2 are purely used as Controllers / Now Playing.

If you want to go further forum member - chill - recently recoded SqueezeOS to remove the player element altogether but leaving a modified instance of Jivelite to make it solely a controller - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post931536
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Jeff
    Yes, it seems it should be easier to configure the Joggler. Do you know if it has built in battery, or only works when connected to the mains?

Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    Yes, it seems it should be easier to configure the Joggler. Do you know if it has built in battery, or only works when connected to the mains?

Mains. I have, in the past, tried battery banks, but without success. It would not boot.

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    If you want to go further forum member - chill - recently recoded SqueezeOS to remove the player element altogether but leaving a modified instance of Jivelite to make it solely a controller - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post931536
    Strictly speaking it's a fresh build of Jivelite under Ubuntu 18.04. My main aim was to have a controller that didn't additionally create another player in LMS, which is what the Squeezeplay build does. And then, to cover all the bases, I added a new Applet to launch an instance of Squeezelite, for those who DO want it to function as a player, e.g. by feeding a USB DAC from the Joggler.

I too have three of these now - one next to my main amplifier controlling my main piCorePlayer, one next to my kitchen Boom (so I don't have to squint at its fading display or touch it's sticky knob!), and one in the bedroom controlling an Audio Pro C3 airplay speaker. They can each be set to control any player, but I also added an Applet so that any player on the network can be toggled on and off from any Joggler.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Mains. I have, in the past, tried battery banks, but without success. It would not boot.

ronnie
    Cool, just what I need. Will have to keep an eye for an acceptable price.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Strictly speaking it's a fresh build of Jivelite under Ubuntu 18.04. My main aim was to have a controller that didn't additionally create another player in LMS, which is what the Squeezeplay build does. And then, to cover all the bases, I added a new Applet to launch an instance of Squeezelite, for those who DO want it to function as a player, e.g. by feeding a USB DAC from the Joggler.

I too have three of these now - one next to my main amplifier controlling my main piCorePlayer, one next to my kitchen Boom (so I don't have to squint at its fading display or touch it's sticky knob!), and one in the bedroom controlling an Audio Pro C3 airplay speaker. They can each be set to control any player, but I also added an Applet so that any player on the network can be toggled on and off from any Joggler.
    I use onty 1 of my 3 Jogglers. I find the battery-driven Duet Controller is useful for my purposes which are mainly just playing live radio streams.
    Small display screen though.

The ageing Sonos Cr-200 battery-driven controller is much nicer but only works with sonos devices. Hacking jivelite onto it would be excellent but probably impossible ... pity.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------