Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by matka View Post
    Funny that I was in the same situation last weekend I finally came up with a little script, instead of googling the same thing over and over. Here it goes
    Code:
    !/bin/bash

#split one flac to tracks using cue
    /bin/mv *.cue music.cue
    /bin/mv *.flac music.flac
    /usr/bin/cuebreakpoints music.cue | /usr/bin/shnsplit -o flac music.flac
    /usr/bin/cuetag music.cue split-track*.flac
    Wouldn't it be better to preserve the original file names? And doesn't it overwrite original files if there is more than one flac file in the same directory?
    Just some advice to caution...

Quote Originally Posted by signor_rossi View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to preserve the original file names? And doesn't it overwrite original files if there is more than one flac file in the same directory?
    Just some advice to caution...
    Yes, it is better to rename files to original tracknames, please free to add metaflac or whatever :-). Also, there are some that put multiple flac images in one directory and they shall burn in hell.
    The original poster kept forgetting the shnsplit syntax, as I do, so this little half-script should help.
    George

Transporter->Pathos Logos->Triangle Celius
    Touch->Denon AVRS530BT -> Paradigm Monitor 7
    2 Duets, 1 SB3, 1 Touch, 1 Radio, Transporter
    OnePlus3 -> Sennheiser HD 380 Pro, NAD Viso
    2 servers -> Ubuntu Linux, NUC and Synology 1 Bay

You can also cat a cue file directly to shnsplit:

Code:
    cat image.cue | shnsplit -oflac -t "%n %t" image.flac
    This will use the track titles in the cue file for the flac names.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Well thankyou for that now i have a better tool

I sometimes use command-line tools in LInux but this is far more convenient , I don do this that often so I tend to forget the command syntax resulting in a lot of googling
    Second that thanks. I don't recall having any issues with Medieval, but I do like the built in verification option, so I'll switch to this software.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    If you are on windows this is easy and simple to use http://www.medieval.it/cuesplitter-pc/menu-id-71.html
    And if you're on Mac OS X than there is XACT, X Audio Compression Toolkit, a free program like a swiss army knife for such problems

__
    Thomas
    1x Odroid U3 with Max2Play as LMS + TEAC UD-501 USB-DAC + Phonitor Mini Headphone Amplifier + AKG K812 headphones | 2x SqueezeBox Classic | 1x Raspberry Pi with HiFimeDIY ES9023 DAC +PiCorePlayer | 1x Google Chromecast Audio with Tannoy Reveal Active | 1x Google Chromecast Audio with Philips Fidelio DS9000/12 | 1x Squeezelite on MacBook Pro High Sierra

Dividing LARGE flac file into tracks

The easiest way, if you have a .cue file, is to load the .cue into FooBar music player. You can then use a Convert To... action on the album to save each track out as a separate song. Can choose to convert to Flac, and it will include all tag info from the cue file.

Alternative products exist, Audacity I think can do it, but I always find them a bit more clumsy. Foobar was the easiest/quickest way, and I use this to apply ReplayGain info at the same time.

Using: Win7 64 + LMS 7.9 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations