Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Transporter Screensaver and Display Question - OFF except when playing?

I've been playing with my Transporter in attempting to have it turn the display OFF except when playing. That is,

Paused - OFF (dark)
    Off - OFF (dark)
    Playing - ON

QUESTION: No matter what I change in the settings, I can't get the above outcome. See more info below in my settings. Any thoughts welcome.

In LMS settings (7.7.2 in vortexbox) for the Transporter, I've set

DISPLAY settings:

Power on brightness - 2
    Power off brightness - 0, dark
    Idle brightness - 1, dimmest (If I set Idle brightness to 0,dark, it is DARK even when playing, so I have to leave Idle set to 1 or 2.)

The transporter screens do go DARK, if I actually turn Transporter off (rather than hitting pause button in remote, I hit the OFF button on remote or the OFF button on the TP itself)

BASIC SETTINGS (SCREENSAVER) settings:

Screensaver when playing: Music Information Screen (behavior is the same if I simply select "now playing" instead)
    Screensaver when stopped: none
    Screensaver when OFF: none

On mysqueezebox.com (which I'm not using except in background...always on LMS)

Display settings:

visualizer - Nothing
    screensaver when playing - now playing
    screensaver when stopped - none
    screensaver when off - none

EDIT: doesn't seem to matter when I change these settings (re: display), but my audio is set to "pause on power off/remained paused at power on"
    Last edited by garym; 2013-03-11 at 15:27.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I use the Blanksaver plugin to do this,
    Just set 'Screensaver when stopped' and 'Screensaver when off' to Blanksaver and job done.

Craig
    MC2Slim - Windows Shell and J River Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I use the Blanksaver plugin to do this,
    Just set 'Screensaver when stopped' and 'Screensaver when off' to Blanksaver and job done.

Craig
    Perfect. Thanks, I never noticed that plugin. I use musicinformationscreen when playing and blanksaver for off and stopped and it works perfectly.
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

Hi all,

Recently purchased a NOS Logitech Transporter and was using the BlankSaver plugin quite successfully. Just recently, I noticed the displays no longer dim when playlists/albums finish or tracks are paused. Has anyone else had problems with this plugin?

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and rebooting the LMS. No luck.

I'm currently trying the PowerSave Plugin as a workaround to make sure I don't leave the displays on by accident.

Thanks!

Name:  BlankSaver.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  20.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cowpenalty View Post
    Hi all, had problems with this plugin?

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and rebooting the LMS. No luck.

I'm currently trying the PowerSave Plugin as a workaround to make sure I don't leave the displays on by accident.

Thanks!
    Every so often (maybe once a year) I have something like this happen. I recall that I solve it by simply pressing the DISPLAY button (or is it called BRIGHTNESS? I'm not at home) on the transporter itself, which cycles through different brightness options. And then things start working properly again.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Every so often (maybe once a year) I have something like this happen. I recall that I solve it by simply pressing the DISPLAY button (or is it called BRIGHTNESS? I'm not at home) on the transporter itself, which cycles through different brightness options. And then things start working properly again.
    Thank you! Toggling the "Brightness" button on the Transporter did the trick.

Muchly appreciated