Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This thread - http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?...dvanced+folder - suggests the problem may be due to the Advanced Folder permissions, which may be automatically set when newer firmware installed.

Robert

All,

Thanks for the comments, it is now resolved thanks to endless tinkering, and yes it appeared to be related to the advanced folder permissions and was dealt with in the link supplied by Grumpy Bob, so many thanks.

I did also email Logitech and was basically told to do one as they don't support QNAP which was useful.

In any event thanks all much appreciated.

MM

Glad to have helped!

In Logitech's defence, I guess they can't be expected to support software changes to any computing device running LMS. On the other hand, I've had some really quite bad experiences with QNAP firmware updates so now I am really quite reluctant to apply these updates, and will only ever do so when I have the time available to disentangle all the breakages that seem to occur.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3 with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Yep that's how it work the serve open source any NAS vendor can implement it and do the necessary changes for thier platform it usually does not even work rigth out of the box so some tinkering is needed .
    It is the the NAS vendors jobb to keep it working . The only exception is ready NAS where Logitech do the work for them for some reason ( a deal of some kind ) .

But this case was the NAS upgrade changed permission of the shared folder , QNAP should know that really ? And as the NAS is a Linux system permission and user are important stuff .
    So I take there was no actual,change in the LMS code needed but in the setup of the QNAP and how would Logitech know that ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html