Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem finding entire music library

Hello there, I'm new and also a technically inept so please go easy on me.

I have had a squeeze box touch for about 3 years and its worked fine until yesterday.

I am using a qnap turbo nas drive to store my music on and from that use a qpkg to launch the server. In summary when I try to find my library when choosing from the server I go to the shared folder and then music and it only seems to find about 10% of whats in the file.

I haven't changed the permission or changed the folder in anyway. I have tried updating the NAS firmware and also the qpkg thing but with the same results, and yes I have tried turning everything off and on again.

Is there any help for this? how can I see only some of the music in the folder and not all of it? I have been through all the folders and the the missing files aren't anywhere else.

I hope I've given enough information to go on if someone could help I'd be really grateful.

Thanks and here's hoping.

How are you looking for your music files? Are you looking via My Music > Music Folder rather than via the Artist, Album etc tags?
    I use a QNAP TS-239 with LMS 7.7.2 and everything works as it should for me (though I never navigate my files via Music Folder).

Robert

Similar problem with QNAP

I am also running Media server from QNAP, and this was working well till I decided to rescan and clear and rescan everything. the scan repeatedly finds images, but no music, even though music is "ticked". I've tried everything I can think of, even re-installed but same thing. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the responses,

In terms of looking for my music, when I go to the setting page and chose the shared folder that my music is in it only sees some, and not all of the music. Its weird I can't figure it out, I've tried everything to the point that I ended up posting on this forum.

To summarise when I try to locate the music on via the server folder it only displays a small percentage and not all of the music and I have no idea why.

Thanks again

MM

Have you tried looking at your music through the web inerface ? Is the result the same ?

You say you have tried everything, can you give some detail.

Is all hardrives in working order ?

Check the permissions on the missing folders or files , even if you have not changed them intentionally does not mean that can not have changed for some yet unknown reason .
    Last edited by Mnyb; 2013-01-20 at 23:27.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Some more things , is it the sametrough artist or album menu ?

Do you use "Music Folder" a lot , are you files a big file and a cue sheat in each folder ?

If not , if you use normal files ( one per song ) you try to use "music folder" if you can't see the files this way it is a permission problem . If you eventually can see all files this way you got a scanner/database problem ?

Have tried to do a "clear and rescan everything " .

Did upgrade just now is LMS still scanning the collection ?

What version are you running ?
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.

Have those reporting problems recently updated the QNAP firmware lately? I notice that mine is prompting me to upgrade. I am generally loathe to do so, because in the past QNAP firmware updates have broken my rsnapshot backup system. It's possible that a firmware upgrade has made some unsuspected changes.
    And it would be useful to know which QNAP model, and which version of LMS.
    I am using a QPKG of LMS 7.7.2 (which includes SSOTS and LMS in one package) obtained via the QNAP forums. I am using QNAP firmware 3.7.3 Build 20120801 on a TS-239 Pro 2 bay unit.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    Have those reporting problems recently updated the QNAP firmware lately? I notice that mine is prompting me to upgrade. I am generally loathe to do so, because in the past QNAP firmware updates have broken my rsnapshot backup system. It's possible that a firmware upgrade has made some unsuspected changes.
    And it would be useful to know which QNAP model, and which version of LMS.
    I am using a QPKG of LMS 7.7.2 (which includes SSOTS and LMS in one package) obtained via the QNAP forums. I am using QNAP firmware 3.7.3 Build 20120801 on a TS-239 Pro 2 bay unit.

Robert
    And what LMS version it was before the upgrade ? 7.7.2 is recent and 7.7.3b or 7.8 is not that much different

This thread in the QNAP forums might be relevant:
    http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=69042
    Suggests users with similar problems to the OP may be affected by recent firmware upgrade.

Robert