Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Custom Browse "show in home menu" not working in 7.7.2

I'm trying to use Custom Browse just to replace the top-level Playlists menu item. I have an eval license, running the server on Ubuntu 12, and attempting this on an SB3.

I've selected "Show in browse and home menu" as shown below, clicked "Apply", and done all the permutations of restarting the server and the SB3, but neither Playlists (nor any other item I've tried) appears in the home menu. Do I need to do something more involved?

Name:  Custom Browse enabled menus.png
Views: 148
Size:  22.8 KB

Thanks,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cdoherty View Post
    I've selected "Show in browse and home menu" as shown below, clicked "Apply", and done all the permutations of restarting the server and the SB3, but neither Playlists (nor any other item I've tried) appears in the home menu. Do I need to do something more involved?
    If I remember correctly, I think you on SB3 also need to go into the player settings and move the menu, the Custom Browse setting operation will just make the menu item available in the menu section of player settings menu.

I'm not sure if the fact that it's called "Playlists" which is exactly the same name as the normal "Playlists" menu might cause problems, I don't think it should but it might be worth a try to see if it works better if you rename the Custom Browse menu to "Saved Playlists" or something similar.

Let me know if the above doesn't help and I'll hook-up my SB3 and see if I can provide more detailed step by step instructions.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Oh, fantastic, thank you! Now the only thing to mourn about upgrading from 7.7.2 is the loss of the Nokia770 skin. =)

There's no naming conflict: as far as the server is concerned, there is no other "Playlists" item available for the home menu.

Remote streams don't play from Custom Browse "Playlists"

Hmm. Playlists of local files work fine, but playlists consisting of remote stream URLs do not: nothing happens when I press "Play", and right-arrow doesn't show the contents of the playlist.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cdoherty View Post
    Hmm. Playlists of local files work fine, but playlists consisting of remote stream URLs do not: nothing happens when I press "Play", and right-arrow doesn't show the contents of the playlist.

Any ideas?
    Do you get any error message if you try to access it in the LMS web interface ?
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Do you get any error message if you try to access it in the LMS web interface ?
    Nope, no error in the web UI or in server.log. I click "Play" and "Now Playing" comes up empty. Clicking "Play" for the same (remote-stream) playlist in Favorites plays correctly.