Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 115 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1496
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Must be it. But my older (non TOUCH/non RADIO) players do require me to be running Triode's Spotify on LMS.
    Yes, because they not support direct streaming Spotify requires.
    If you try to use 2 old players then you will notice the issue.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSwenson View Post
    That particular adapter board will not work with the CSP1, it is designed to fit with the IO connectors on the wand carrier board. CSP1 has a single high density connector that has all of those signals so a different adapter board could be made. Designing such an adapter is very easy, but has to be specific for one particular display, there is no standard hardware parallel interface specification.

Then the drivers have to exist and get included in CSOS and a way for jivelite to know to use that frame buffer.

All this can be done, but we don't want it to be a gating factor in the delivery of the first product. After CSP1 gets out there and people start using it we can start discussing what size displays people actually want, find what displays are available, come up with case form factors and all that fun stuff and then come up with a solution to meet that.

As to how to physically do it, a concept I've been throwing around my brain is a display that fits on the front of the existing box, just unscrew the front panel, the display has a cutout in its back through which go two cables, one that fits in the aux connector and one to either one of the internal usb or the drive power connector. It's not a single slab like a Touch or SB3 since the original box is still sitting flat on the shelf with the display sticking upright on the front. BUT it enables us to have more than one display size without coming up with complete separate products for each.

John S.
    Hello
    I was more thinking to use display as an info display, like for now playing etc, not main control unit.
    I found nice 4" lcd.
    Let me know how can I help.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bobtob View Post
    Yes, because they not support direct streaming Spotify requires.
    If you try to use 2 old players then you will notice the issue.
    Bob
    aha. Yes, with more testing, I see issue:

1. with only two old players (not synched). Transporter and Boom. Start playing a track on one. Start different track on another. First track stops playing on first player.
    2. If I have transporter synched with RADIO, play one track on these two, then another track on BOOM. Both players continue to play, but the tracks skip to next track in album after about 20 seconds.

So I was wrong this morning. It does NOT work fine on my SB players. Sorry for butting in. ;-)
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    aha. Yes, with more testing, I see issue:

1. with only two old players (not synched). Transporter and Boom. Start playing a track on one. Start different track on another. First track stops playing on first player.
    2. If I have transporter synched with RADIO, play one track on these two, then another track on BOOM. Both players continue to play, but the tracks skip to next track in album after about 20 seconds.

So I was wrong this morning. It does NOT work fine on my SB players. Sorry for butting in. ;-)
    No worries.
    Now the question is if we can make this work on non logitech players.

Bob

Anyone know where the wandboard can be purchased in Australia?

Both Mouser & Digi-Key cannot supply..

Thanks.

Excellant idea, lets take over the Squeezebox line

Hello,
    Yes there is nothing at the price point that can touch the squeezebook line. I would help where I could, as a non-geek who struggled with it until I learned it. I can contribute some FAQ type of answers and questions plus maybe money if a business plan was worked out. How much to just buy the product line form Logitech? They care nothing about it.

Thanks,
    John

With all of the recent developments with Logitech and the end of the squeezebox line I feel as this community has been unfairly ignored. This community of audiophiles, software developers, engineers, DIY builders, and lovers of music is very strong. Many of you have been users of the squeezebox products since slimdevices. With Triode's EDO and squeezelite developments, the community behind Vortexbox (Agillis), Erland, Pippin, and all other developers/groups and enthusiasts that dedicate all of their free time to this product, I have been thinking we should start a crowd (community) funded product similar to the Olive One to develop and build a squeezebox replacement.

Sure, the Pi, Pogoplug and other hardware have bits and pieces that we can hack into a working player but it is NOT what we really want or need. I would say as a community, this forum has more experience and insight into what the next product should look like than any other up and coming product (Olive One). We not only have ideas, but users that are willing to invest time and effort for no other reason then to better an already wonderful product.

So my question to everyone is simple......if there was a community funded project, would you invest your time? Would you invest monetarily? We all have different strengths and as a community I think we could really design one hell of a product.

Maybe I am wrong, but I truly do feel other users want to see this continue. If you do, please post what you would be willing to contribute. Personally I would be willing to help in anyway possible. I am an entrepreneur and software developer by day and DIY audiophile lover by night.

--Dustin[/QUOTE]

Have you seen this project?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCFreeman1175 View Post
    ...So my question to everyone is simple......if there was a community funded project, would you invest your time? Would you invest monetarily? We all have different strengths and as a community I think we could really design one hell of a product.

--Dustin
    http://www.communitysqueeze.org/
    John

A while back someone mentioned a power button on the front panel. Technically there is a signal on the module which is the PWR_BUTN, which does exactly what has been requested, but it is not used on the wand carrier board so nobody has been able to test it to see if it really does the right thing. Part of what this does is create an interrupt which is supposed to initiate a nice shutdown, I have no idea if CSOS has the right hooks to handle that properly. When in the shutdown state pushing the button again initiates a boot.

I have been trying hard NOT to have anything on the front panel at least for CSP1 (the beta test board). Since the front panel is what people see it should be done with some sense of style which is something I seriously lack. We would have to decide what the button looks like, does it have an LED to let people know the status of shutdown or not etc. I don't want to delay the release of the CSP1 while these issues are being debated. I think I'l put some pads on the board that are connected to the PWR_BUTN signal but not actually include a button for it. During the beta test people can try it and see what happens and if it does work we can see if we want to include such a button in the general release version.

John S.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSwenson View Post
    Hi Zsolt,
    I posted a message about a power button in the other thread in General. Please read that and respond there. I'm interested in why you specifically want HALT, is it just to save power or is there some other reason why halting is important?

Thanks,
    John S.
    Mainly habitual reasons: some time ago a lightning fried my PC -everything- and in the neighbor many other things. I didn't have surge protection but now I do, though I feel more comfortable to keep all my "precious" electronics powered off from a manual switch when not used.
    I'm living in a rented wooden house with lot of wood furniture and flammable things around, even though I think all my DIY stuff are safe I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Call me paranoiac but these are important for me. I'm using the wand carrier board and did not plan to use the CSP1 since I have my own external DAC. If the PWR_BUTN signal is not used on the carrier board then I can forgot about it - I might hack a small script that polls one of the GPIO pins and initiates a clean shut down when needed.

Thanks,
    Zsolt

OK I think I get it, you want an external button to initiate a safe shutdown so you can "pull the plug" when not in use. The signal does exist on the module but the wand carrier doesn't use it. There is a button on the wandboard but it is the reset which starts a boot, not a shutdown.

The pwr-butn signal is brought out to a "test point" on the wandboard, but I have no idea where it is on the board. It would be interesting to hook a button up to that test point and see what happens when pushed.

John S.