Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ah, ok.....spoilt with my old Pure One DAB lasting for days on one charge and my iPad lasting similar!

Just curious -- since you mentioned you had an iPad and iPhone. Try disabling WiFi on those two and see if it's stable.

I have no real reason to support suggesting this, but I had very similar symptoms to yours (stability of all other WiFi devices was fine). I only have an iPod Touch 4G, but WiFi was enabled and since I disabled it I've had hours of non-stop uptime.

Not a real solution, but something to try...
    Last edited by mbg; 2013-01-13 at 16:29.

I had similar random wifi problems with the SB radio and dropped the security from WPA2 to WPA on the router. No trouble since then.
    Just one of many possible causes I know, but might be worth a try if you're using WPA2.

There must be so many variables to this problem.

I've locked my router to channel 6 and haven't had any problems since. It's not the least congested channel in my area, but it's the one that works. Only the SB Radio has these problems of the 6 wireless devices I have.

I know someone else who has an SB Radio working fine on channel 1. Mine for sure isn't stable on channel 1.

It looks more and more like an environmental problem, but a lot of people seem to have it with this particular product.

Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    There must be so many variables to this problem.

I've locked my router to channel 6 and haven't had any problems since. It's not the least congested channel in my area, but it's the one that works. Only the SB Radio has these problems of the 6 wireless devices I have.

I know someone else who has an SB Radio working fine on channel 1. Mine for sure isn't stable on channel 1.

It looks more and more like an environmental problem, but a lot of people seem to have it with this particular product.
    I contacted Logitech Customer Service with a similar problem and they believe that the issue is the Wifi card in SB. This seems to be a common failure point and they quickly offered me a replacement Smart Radio (still in the mail) which I am hoping to convert back to a Squeezebox following other posters success.

Good luck with your solution, and failing that you can always see what customer service says.

hip

I'm still having problems with mine, but unfortunately Logitech's support have been useless so far. I've spent nearly a month being fobbed off - they reply every two days (ie at the end of their reply deadline) with more things to try, despite me already having tried them and told them I've tried them. There's clearly a design flaw in the Radio as nothing else on my network (including two Squeezebox Touch's) have no problems whatsoever.

I wish I'd never bought the Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Finchy View Post

you should sell it on ebay. lots of people looking for spare Squeezebox players these days.

p.s. I have a radio I use on wifi and it doesn't exhibit any of the problems you mention (using LMS 7.7.2 and latest firmware for 7.7.2). So it is not a bug in the radio. could be a problem with your particular radio or something in your network.
    Good luck.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Yes, but I have tried everything and it still has problems. Resetting the router, flashing the router with two different modified firmware (Tomato and Merlin's modified Asus firmware), resetting the Radio numerous times. I've tried my old router as well and that does the same.

I have around 20 devices that connect to my network, mostly wireless, and none have any problems whatsoever, just this damn thing!

Thanks for the Ebay advice, may do that!

Yes, but I have tried everything and it still has problems. Resetting the router, flashing the router with two different modified firmware (Tomato and Merlin's modified Asus firmware), resetting the Radio numerous times. I've tried my old router as well and that does the same.

I have around 20 devices that connect to my network, mostly wireless, and none have any problems whatsoever, just this damn thing!

Thanks for the Ebay advice, may do that!
    Then it could be the Radio itself. The hardware could be bad. Hard to say if you don't have another radio to try to compare with.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

I'm still having problems with mine, but unfortunately Logitech's support have been useless so far. I've spent nearly a month being fobbed off - they reply every two days (ie at the end of their reply deadline) with more things to try, despite me already having tried them and told them I've tried them. There's clearly a design flaw in the Radio as nothing else on my network (including two Squeezebox Touch's) have no problems whatsoever.

I would contact customer service, explain others have been treated better than you per various forums and simply ask why. At this point you have nothing to lose, and a Smart Radio (which apparently can be retro-graded to a Squeezebox) to gain. Think of it as a game, with the only investment being one final phone call. Worst-case you get nowhere, which is the same result as doing nothing; best-case you get what you deserve, a new device.

hip