Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Counting Failures

Quote Originally Posted by castor_fou View Post
    Answereing to myself.
    I have just monitored a second radio with wlanpoke.
    Cuisine (kitchen) and Sdb (Bathroom)

1121.log file is slowly growing.
    After 1 hour, my radios are still playing, and I see entries such as

grep failed 1121.log

Is it correct to read it as 18 failures/reconnections happened?

I am connected to my old router (I have used for 5 years without any issues) setup as an AP. I cannot connect to my new wifi6 asus router: as described in this thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post996148
    Sorry for the long delay in answering. I believe the word "failed" is transmitted twice to ncat (and the radio's local log file). The first entry goes into the local log at the failure time (but of course cannot be transmitted). This is used when troubleshooting with a local hard wired serial connection. The second is part of an incident report logged and transmitted to ncat immediately after the initial failure report.

Read through the wlanpoke.sh shell file. If you want, you can add a key word to search for to the initial failure report. Otherwise, divide by 2. The first report timestamp is the time of failure, but the second report shows all the important times for analysis, followed by the multiple network connection status reports every 2 seconds just prior to the failure. You can make an app to display a real time time line graph of the various failures, this might be very interesting.
    Last edited by POMdev; 2020-12-06 at 10:51.

Quote Originally Posted by POMdev View Post
    Sorry for the long delay in answering. I believe the word "failed" is transmitted twice to ncat (and the radio's local log file). The first entry goes into the local log at the failure time (but of course cannot be transmitted). This is used when troubleshooting with a local hard wired serial connection. The second is part of an incident report logged and transmitted to ncat immediately after the initial failure report.

Read through the wlanpoke.sh shell file. If you want, you can add a key word to search for to the initial failure report. Otherwise, divide by 2. The first report timestamp is the time of failure, but the second report shows all the important times for analysis, followed by the multiple network connection status reports every 2 seconds just prior to the failure. You can make an app to display a real time time line graph of the various failures, this might be very interesting.
    Thanks for your interest @POMdev.

I have just finished a proper log rotation and plotting some graphs.
    My draft code is in a python notebook at: https://github.com/castorfou/squeeze...0-%20out.ipynb

Here is an example of plot. I will now try to adjust settings on my wifi router just to monitor effects on the plot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by castor_fou; 2020-12-13 at 02:23. Reason: url update

Me too (from Canada)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    The VAP11G-300 also works well (but obviously, the N band is better)
    I have not see any responses from Canada so wanted to add this: I have also used a Vonets VAP11G-300 ordered from Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B014SK2H6W

There is a real effect when no wifi is active.

Name:  failure2020-12-19_wifi6_wifi.png
Views: 172
Size:  70.3 KB

I scheduled a full (on 3 bands 2.4GHz, 5GHz-1, 5GHz-2) wifi stop (with wifi scheduler) from 0-6 AM. And reducing by 25% wifi time has reduced by 25% failures.

Name:  2020-12-19.png
Views: 177
Size:  33.3 KB

It is even more visible when I look at hourly based failures. No failure from 0-4AM (I don't exactly why I see something before 6AM though)

Next step is to see each band (2.4, 5-1, 5-2) effect.