Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    Months ago I had problems finding my own Wifi network in the available network list on the Radio. (This was on my Radio at work and unrelated to the WiFi6 issue at home.) The Radio would not show my Wifi network that it had previously connected to. It was strange. I think the solution may have been to reboot the radio. (Not a factory reset.) I think this was on the Community Firmware. There was some chatter on that forum and perhaps the issue was resolved in the latest update. I don't know if this helps you.

paul
    This may happen with the community firmware and with the original firmware. I have been a victim of a neighbor switching to a router disturbing my radios with both firmwares and same effects - it may not even re-recognize your own network unless rebooted. I even could roughly allocate the direction of the source (triangulating the number of failures), but how to convince a neighbour to switch his new router....
    Overall: I think we have two solutions:
    1) Wlanpoke (works for me, but may need playing with some of the parameters). Advantage: your radio remains completely mobile.
    2) Vonets - powered by the power-in of the radios, thus no additional cables / usb power supply needed, but not portable unless somebody finds a smart solution to power from Battery. Vonets are very reliable in terms of WIFI connection, the firmware is updated regularly, thus up do date to changes of any wifi standards.
    Use the 300g not the 300n of Vonets - the 300g are not getting too hot while the 300n are getting very hot and will fail after some time...

My solution to keep the Radio portable when dealing with the WifI6 interference issue.

I use a TP-link WR802 N300 Nano router in Client Mode (wifi to ethernet bridge). While it does require a separate power supply compared to the vonet, I Macgyvered it to make it portable.
    The white box is the Tp-link N300 router. The blue item in the foreground is a power brick to supply power to the TP link. The Radio is using the internal battery. Not perfect, but it works.

Name:  MacGyvered radio.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  107.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    Your problem is appears to be the interference caused by the WiFi6 standard that many new routers use. You are correct, the problem is with the software for the Wi-Fi chip in the Radio and the source code is not available. If your router uses WiFi6 and has an option to turn off the WiFi6 on the 2.4 band, try that. However, this issue is not necessarily due to your router, but can be a neighbor's router. (That is my problem, a neighbor must be using WiFi6 as it causes problems with 2 of my Radios, however, 1 Radio must be far enough away and does not have the problem.) Your solution 2 will work. Another option is to use the wlanpoke which helps recover from the interference.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...fix-(wlanpoke)

I am using wlanpoke and it helps quite a bit. It is not perfect, sometimes The Radio disconnects and must rebooted. However, it is now occasionally instead of daily.

Paul
    Thank you Paul, very, very much for posting this possible solution. The wlanpoke patch DID solve the '2.4GHz wireless disconnecting' problem for all three of my Squeezeboxes.

Thank you also to POMdev for the work he has done to create this patch. And also to rojikewl for taking the time to author the very clear instructions as how to install this patch.

The instructions for installing the patch looked rather daunting at first glance. However, the process is actually quite simple (thanks to the instructions provided by rojikewl) and it only took a few minutes per radio to install it.

NOTE: Given my 2.4GHz was disconnecting so often, I connected the Squeezeboxes using Ethernet … and that did not cause any difficulty in installing the patch. Also, given I am not running Windows 10, I reverted to using an older version of WinSCP, v5.15.5 [2019-10-16], that I downloaded from the WinSCP repository on Sourceforge and that apparently runs under all the older versions of Windows. I actually used the 'portable' version of WinSCP, to avoid having to actually install the product. Again, none of that caused any difficulties in installing the patch.

Again, my gratitude!
    Last edited by DoctorQuality; 2021-11-07 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by isr2002 View Post
    Same problems here.
    What router model do you use? I read only Asus make problems. (I have Asus routers in 2 location)

While the radio loose the network, it sees all the neighbours networks, but not mine. That is the reason I think is a Asus router problem.
    I also tried wlanpoke with no results.
    I am using an Archer C7. That model does not have WiFi6, btw. Running WirelessNetView to sniff WiFi signals, I could still see my own 2.4GHz broadcasting, even after the disconnect. And I knew it was because the Squeezebox Boom was still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQuality View Post
    I am using an Archer C7. That model does not have WiFi6, btw. Running WirelessNetView to sniff WiFi signals, I could still see my own 2.4GHz broadcasting, even after the disconnect. And I knew it was because the Squeezebox Boom was still playing.
    Some users of TP-Link routers have issues with the 2.4GHz network becoming unavailable randomly. I know the C6 is affected, don't know about the C7. If that was the issue though nothing would connect to the 2.4GHz band not just Squeezeboxes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

My Asus routers are not WIFI6 (RT-86U and RT-N18U). I can suspect 2 of my radios interferences with neighbours networks. But the third radio is in a house with no other networks around.
    My servers are on two Synology NAS.
    I have Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1605892076. I did not find any update.

Quote Originally Posted by frankd View Post
    2) Vonets - powered by the power-in of the radios, thus no additional cables / usb power supply needed, but not portable unless somebody finds a smart solution to power from Battery. Vonets are very reliable in terms of WIFI connection, the firmware is updated regularly, thus up do date to changes of any wifi standards.
    Use the 300g not the 300n of Vonets - the 300g are not getting too hot while the 300n are getting very hot and will fail after some time...
    Thanks for reminding me to update the firmware on my Vonets. I havenĺt upgraded in over a year. They just released a firmware upgrade a few days ago.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬