Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Passing this along...

For what it's worth, I was having similar issues to what some have been having in this thread. I am posting this in case it may help others with Google mesh WiFi.

I have the Google Nest WiFi with a router and one endpoint. My Touch was disconnecting from the WiFi frequently and the only workaround was to unplug the Touch and it would reconnect to the network. This went on for months and I tried a variety of solutions to no avail. At its worst the Touch was getting kicked off the WiFi many times a day, and up until this problem the Google Mesh worked perfectly for me.

I finally worked with a Google technician who ran a diagnostics test and he determined that there was one device that was stuck as a priority device. At some point I had assigned it as a priority device for an hour and it never came out of priority mode when the hour was up. This may have been causing the network to kick off the Touch as it was taking bandwidth away from a priority device. There was no way for me to see this in the Home app as it stated that I did not have any priority devices set.

The solution was to do a factory reset on the router and re-install the router and endpoint with a new network name but same password. I have been running this for a week with no issues whatsoever.
    Location 1: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 4TB > RPi3 > piCorePlayer > LMS 7.9.2 > Squeezebox Touch >NAD 326BEE > BeoLab 4000
    Location 2: Squeezebox Touch, Audio Engine A2+
    Controller: Asus Tablet > Orange Squeeze
    Music: Ripping (FLAC) dbpoweramp, Tagging: mp3tag

Quote Originally Posted by superstar19 View Post
    Longtime SB Radio user with no previous trouble connecting to WiFi, and started noticing the WIFI dropping a month or 2 ago. Don't know what caused this behavior as I haven't changed anything on my end with any of the hardware. We use the Comcast/xfinity modem/wifi router so the only thing I can think of is maybe Comcast pushed a firmware update through? Didn't really want to mess with the router/channel settings so I dug up the ASUS WiFi extender that I have to run the ethernet line from that to the Radio. So far so good.
    Following up on this because the ASUS device did not end up working out. Still had the Radio dropping connection. I ended up ordering the Vonets device last week and it seems to be working so far as it's now been 2 days with no dropped signal.

Following up on this because the ASUS device did not end up working out. Still had the Radio dropping connection. I ended up ordering the Vonets device last week and it seems to be working so far as it's now been 2 days with no dropped signal.
    3 months since I fixed my dropped WiFi with a Vonets.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    3 months since I fixed my dropped WiFi with a Vonets.
    And yesterday, the Vonets completely died a minute or 2 into use. As others have posted doing it, I had the Radio power cord plugged into it, but I'm wondering if that had an effect? I've been powering it this way from the beginning. Regardless, it will be going back to amazon.

And yesterday, the Vonets completely died a minute or 2 into use. As others have posted doing it, I had the Radio power cord plugged into it, but I'm wondering if that had an effect? I've been powering it this way from the beginning. Regardless, it will be going back to amazon.
    I should have mentioned that I have 3 Radios using Vonets for 3 months.
    They are cheap Chinese units, so you probably got a bad one,
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

I should have mentioned that I have 3 Radios using Vonets for 3 months.
    They are cheap Chinese units, so you probably got a bad one,
    Do you have your Vonets powered inline with the Radio's power plug?

Do you have your Vonets powered inline with the Radio's power plug?
    Yes
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Yes
    Thanks. My replacement should be here by Saturday.

I've run into the same issue (cannot maintain wifi) with two Squeezebox Radios. I tried a Vonets VAP11G, but it was defective on arrival (would not save configuration). I just ordered a Netgear EX3700 WiFi extender (also has WiFi to Ethernet capability) and hoping it will work better, not to mention having more user-friendly instructions!
    Main system: Touch > Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB > Conrad-Johnson CT-5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expression 13A's. Audience AU24e cables. Secondary systems elsewhere in home: 1- Boom, 2- SB3's, and 2- SB Radio's. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society

Wireless Connectivity Mitigation Script

I have been working of solving the wireless connectivity issue, which is widespread, and affects some other devices (e.g., cheap ip cameras) as well. My finding the root cause has had mixed results, as have efforts to modify the radio software to reduce or eliminate the problem. However, I was able to come up with a mitigation that basically restores full functionality to the radios. Even though they still lose connections with the same frequency, they reconnect quickly enough so that the music does not stop playing, and no reboot is necessary. The software is a "shell script" that you have to download and install. This is not suitable for beginners. Anyway, you can read about the effort and download the last 'published' version on my post on this forum. I suggest you read the thread backwards and forwards to now to get a further understanding of the issue and the steps taken to address it.