Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • db122
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by short_y
    One of the things I miss is the persistent notification and the ability to control my squeezeboxen from it. What're the chances it'll be (re)implemented?
    Finally added in 2.2.0-beta1.

So, you want to live on the edge? You want to get freshest runnings from the Orange Bike Labs? Orange Squeeze Beta is for you. We test the newest features and bug fixes in these special channels. L…

Comment

• Wombat
      • Feb 2006

Todays update disabled the widget complety.
      Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Comment

• slartibartfast
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Wombat
        What do you mean by disabled? Still works for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
        Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
        Bedroom: Radio
        Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• slartibartfast
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Wombat
          Only issue I see is that track info does not update on either the widget or the notification when the app is in the background.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
          Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
          Bedroom: Radio
          Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• Wombat
            • Feb 2006

A few posts above i mentioned to use android 5.1.1 and the widged shows "no players" while the app works started with the standard icon.
            Last edited by Wombat; 2017-09-30, 14:33.
            Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Comment

• db122
              • Feb 2006

There's a bug, fixed in 2.2.1, where the widget would show "No Players" when the notification was not showing (along with a few in-between cases).

Starting with 2.2.0, timely widget updates are tied to the presence of the notification. If you swipe away the notification (or on Android 4.x, hit the X button) then you are killing the server connection and the widget will no longer updated immediately. It will be updated per a typical Android widget update interval, 30 minutes. Not terribly useful though.

The notification has a purpose. It serves to let you know that your device has a background service running, and is actually 100% mandatory in Android 8.0 anyways to prevent your service from being killed very quickly. If you strongly dislike the notification, then on most modern devices you can choose to hide notifications from specific apps.

FTR, tested here on Android 4.4, 5.1, 7.0 and 8.0.

I'm going to start a new thread for 2.2.x to pull things together. Maybe move the discussion over there.

Comment

Working...