Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by prconnor View Post
    Could be the case. I also am running Logitech Media Server from a debian box. I have several squeezebox radios and this seems consistent repeatable behavior. It works apparently perfectly to play the last playlist, and sometime to play a radio station, but never to load a new playlist for the the alarm.

If many people were seeing I expect there would be a great deal more complaining; this is a core function of the radio that is completely broken. It stands to reason that few people complain because they don't see it. The debian server could be the commonality between our two experiences.
    It was this i referred to by fava64 " the box even donít play music if it was running to long since last boot. It indicates that no connection to the server is possible" that contradicts some of the other stuff .

what you could do is to have a look in the server prior to alarm time to see if the player is connected at all .

Also is the playlist just a bunch of local files ? and whats the size of it .

Sugest experimenting with 10-20 local files .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Also is the playlist just a bunch of local files ? and whats the size of it. Sugest experimenting with 10-20 local files .
    In my case the playlist consists of just two small local files.

What means "to have a look in the server prior to alarm time"? (I'm quite used to linux, and yes, it's debian)

Quote Originally Posted by fava64 View Post
    In my case the playlist consists of just two small local files.

What means "to have a look in the server prior to alarm time"? (I'm quite used to linux, and yes, it's debian)
    just check the web-UI to if there is a player conected , but maybe thatís not so good just doing so may make it connect .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    just check the web-UI to if there is a player conected , but maybe thatís not so good just doing so may make it connect .
    Ok, I did the test: It's connected. I even can switch the slimbox on remotely from the webgui, but every stream fails - no sound.
    Remember: My Good old Squeezebox classic (slim) wakes me up reliably. So, it's not a server problem, it's a Squeezebox Radio problem.

A further observation: It's not the connection to the logitech multimedia server (slimserver) that is failing. It's the connection to mysqueezbox.com. Before the slimbox Radio starts to play music, the Radio tries to connect to mysqueezbox.com, even if the stream is available locally. It's this "call to mama" that fails and that blocks every thing.