Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Syncing playback on a PC with other devices such as Boom possible?

Hello all,

A couple of questions for people more knowledgeable than I am.

I have a HTPC on the way. It is sized to serve as a NAS and a LMS server also. I will connect its digital audio output to my receiver and if I can sync this PC with the Boom in the kitchen, I will be able to re-purpose my Touch to another room. Is it possible to transparently integrate a PC as a client? Suggestions? Caveats?

On a side note: I am already running 2 instance of iPeng (iPhone and Ipad), a Touch, a Boom, and a Radio. The iPeng are not synced to the fraction of a second but I have not delved into this. Is this easily remedied?

Thanks,
    Albert

Quote Originally Posted by albertcraig View Post
    Hello all,

A couple of questions for people more knowledgeable than I am.

I have a HTPC on the way. It is sized to serve as a NAS and a LMS server also. I will connect its digital audio output to my receiver and if I can sync this PC with the Boom in the kitchen, I will be able to re-purpose my Touch to another room. Is it possible to transparently integrate a PC as a client? Suggestions? Caveats?

On a side note: I am already running 2 instance of iPeng (iPhone and Ipad), a Touch, a Boom, and a Radio. The iPeng are not synced to the fraction of a second but I have not delved into this. Is this easily remedied?

Thanks,
    Albert
    yes - maybe. If you can install SqueezePlay (SP) on the PC, SP will mimic a hardware squeezebox. Synched play is mostly possible (not as rock solid as hardware players, but I've had good luck with this). Install from here (note all versions are beta but work well):

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.7
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Thanks, it works!

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    yes - maybe. If you can install SqueezePlay (SP) on the PC, SP will mimic a hardware squeezebox. Synched play is mostly possible (not as rock solid as hardware players, but I've had good luck with this). Install from here (note all versions are beta but work well):

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.7
    Great! got it synced with my laptop in less than 5 minutes including download, install, adding the library, going into LMS and adding approx 100 milliseconds of delay via LMS player settings. Now I am good to go with the Touch in another room. I can also envisage that this SW will extend the life of my LMS setup even though Logitech has announces end-of-life for the product line.

Thanks a million!
    Bert

Quote Originally Posted by albertcraig View Post
    Great! got it synced with my laptop in less than 5 minutes including download, install, adding the library, going into LMS and adding approx 100 milliseconds of delay via LMS player settings. Now I am good to go with the Touch in another room. I can also envisage that this SW will extend the life of my LMS setup even though Logitech has announces end-of-life for the product line.

Thanks a million!
    Bert
    perfect!
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify