Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 81 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
    @michael

Is there any chance of filtering out albums and track that are not playable? I keep getting more and more results that won't play due to regional restrictions and then freeze up my whole Playlist. For some reason they are no longer automqtically skipped either...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
    Is there any chance of filtering out albums and track that are not playable? I keep getting more and more results that won't play due to regional restrictions and then freeze up my whole Playlist. For some reason they are no longer automqtically skipped either...
    Does this happen when using the Qobuz menus or with SmartMix? AFAIK I do filter out results in the plugin. Do you see any errors in server.log? Could you enable debugging for plugin.qobuz until this happens again, then provide the server.log file?
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Thanks. I'll do this later. It happens in the Qobuz menus, not seen much trouble with SmartMix. I'll take and post logs later, let's see of I can reproduce it at will....😉

Qobuz 1.250 is on its way. There's a new option available... to enable playback of hires flac. Just pick the streaming format you want from mp3/320, flac, and flac hires (whatever the highest they offer for a track).

Please consider this experimental. That's why it's disabled by default. I've had one single tester so far. His comment:

"Wow. Thriller really played at 176kHz."

Don't expect this to work with Transporter. I've seen bitrates of several megabits per second. Transporter simply doesn't have large enough buffers to make this happen smoothly.

Have fun!

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Thanks Michael!

I'll give it a spin and report back later.

@Michael

Looks great so far. My different purchases play perfectly in the max. available bitrate. I've got up to 192K in 24bit, an it is all selected and played without delay or interruption, even over WiFi. I haven't tested it on the other players, but the lounge one (RPI B, Squeezelite, Hifiberry Digi going into a Yamaha RX-V679) has no trouble at all!
    Only thing you might want to add is a selectable max. bitrate, since not all devices can handle up to 192K. Not a problem for me, I can always limit it in Squeezelite if it turns into a problem.

So, great work!!! If I run into any errors I'll let you know. Bitrate is displayed "correctly" on Squeeze Ctrl, on the Webinterface I have a problem with it not being legible because the progress bar is in the way. But that might be a problem on the small screen of my Chromebook... Not a real problem though.
    I've got a SB Radio standing around, will try how that handles HiRes later, not that it makes much sense with the low-grade speaker, but just for curiosity...

Qobuz.com streaming plugin

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Qobuz 1.250 is on its way. There's a new option available... to enable playback of hires flac. Just pick the streaming format you want from mp3/320, flac, and flac hires (whatever the highest they offer for a track).

Please consider this experimental. That's why it's disabled by default. I've had one single tester so far. His comment:

"Wow. Thriller really played at 176kHz."

Don't expect this to work with Transporter. I've seen bitrates of several megabits per second. Transporter simply doesn't have large enough buffers to make this happen smoothly.

Have fun!

Michael
    Yes, working perfectly at 192kHz/24bit on Daphile running on a PC.
    pnaga

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
    My different purchases play perfectly in the max. available bitrate. I've got up to 192K in 24bit, an it is all selected and played without delay or interruption, even over WiFi. I haven't tested it on the other players, but the lounge one (RPI B, Squeezelite, Hifiberry Digi going into a Yamaha RX-V679) has no trouble at all!
    Only thing you might want to add is a selectable max. bitrate, since not all devices can handle up to 192K. Not a problem for me, I can always limit it in Squeezelite if it turns into a problem.
    Cool :-). Well, I consider the mp3/flac/hires flac setting a kind of bitrate limiting. I might add another option for the lower res hi-res formats if this turns out to be useful...
    Michael

Thanks you Michael, I will have to test it as soon as Qobuz will enable hi-res streaming without having to buy it first !

@Michael

The Squeezebox Radio seems to be able to handle 24/48 without problems. 24/88 seems reasonably stable and even 24/96 works, although it does run into buffering problems occasionally, so I would not call it stable. This was only a short test, so in now way conclusive. I think with a slight buffer increase the SB Radio could actually handle 24/96, but since it had only a weak Mono speaker it's not worth the effort to try and "fix" it. Nice to know anyway.
    I'll see how my Hifiberry Amp fares later on. It only supports up to 24/48 I think, will see what happens when I send more in.