Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173
Results 1,721 to 1,723 of 1723

Effect of Preferred format (e.g. FLAC Hi-Res 24 bits / 96 kHz)

I wondered how qobuz responds to the Preferred format selection. So, if I have preferred 24/96, but an album is available in 24/192, what happens? Does it mean the album won't show as available, or if an album is available in 24/192, does will it also be available in 24/96, or will it drop down to 16/44.1? Most of my devices will play 24/192, but I have a Transporter, which caps out at 24/96. Just trying to work out the best option where some devices are limited, but qobuz is increasing the amount of 192, so thinking about what's best to do.

ta

pete S

Heureka!

I think I found my solution. And it seems the proponents for the plugin are right. It works flawlessly now.

I had my router configured in stealth mode. A ping to streaming-std.qobuz.com gave back an IPv4-address with packet loss of about 25%.
    After switching off stealth mode I sent another ping to streaming-std.qobuz.com which was answered from an IPv6-host at Amazon's cloudfront.net. That's what it should look like!!
    Not to mention there's no packet loss at all!!

Very relieved greetings from northern Germany,
    happy Jazzlampe
    large: piCorePlayer -> HifiBerry Digi+ Pro-> Mutec MC-3+ Reclocker -> MiniDSP 4x10HD -> Martion Bullfrog active speaker system
    medium: piCorePlayer -> ifi micro iDSD -> Cayin A-55 T -> Sonics Amerigo
    small: piCorePlayer -> HifiBerry DAC -> Abacus Prepino -> DIY Amplifier "the full swing" -> DIY Coax Monitor
    kitchen: piCorePlayer -> HifiBerry Amp2 -> JBL Control One Pro
    workshop: Squeezebox Radio

Quote Originally Posted by psketch View Post
    I wondered how qobuz responds to the Preferred format selection. So, if I have preferred 24/96, but an album is available in 24/192, what happens? Does it mean the album won't show as available, or if an album is available in 24/192, does will it also be available in 24/96, or will it drop down to 16/44.1? Most of my devices will play 24/192, but I have a Transporter, which caps out at 24/96. Just trying to work out the best option where some devices are limited, but qobuz is increasing the amount of 192, so thinking about what's best to do.

ta

pete S
    On the basis that I add albums to favourites via the Qobuz app which allows 24/192 selection but they then appear in LMS even with 24/96 selected as preferred I’d say they definitely aren’t hidden.
    What LMS actually chooses to play though I’m not sure.
    Some testing required
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS