Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130
Results 1,291 to 1,296 of 1296

Qobuz.com streaming plugin

> I took a glance at the Qobuz API docs and the plugin code, and did not
    > see any smoking gun. My completely random guess is that something about
    > the pre-fetching of the next track is triggering the unhappiness, like
    > Qobuz being more restrictive on simultaneous connections on the account,
    > such that the new streaming connection terminates the old. If the
    > buffer has enough to finish out the track, that works, but if it
    > doesn't...

Hmm... interesting. In this case the issue should be reproducible by
    using long tracks vs. short tracks? What kind of player are you using?

Maybe logging for player.source could tell us some more?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ericj View Post
    I am a studio subscriber, and have similar issues. Just adding that also happens, i believe in 320k mp3, but nearer to the end of each piece. Perhaps some changes in buffering ofn Qobuz's part.
    Thanks.
    Seems to have cleared up. Odd. I"ll pursue with logging if it returns.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    >
    Hmm... interesting. In this case the issue should be reproducible by
    using long tracks vs. short tracks? What kind of player are you using?
    I'm not sure that would tell you, because even a short track would need to start buffer the next track, perhaps right away. I think one way to distinguish it would be a single-track playlist. If the track always played OK that way, but skipped when in a multi-track list, it would at least be suggestive.

Bu really, the thing to do would probably be to run both the plugin and the desktop app through a debugging proxy like Fiddler, and compare their behavior when playing the same playlist. But I haven't done that.

All that said, I *shortened* the buffer size from 30s to 3s, and that seems to have helped. I did that on a whim, thinking that if the above theory was correct, it would have to connect sooner, and download more, the larger the desired buffer; while connecting later, and with less to download, would be less likely to trip rate limits.

Who knows, since I haven't actually looked at the traffic, but my very unofficial test last night it played several song through without error which it had been skipping the ends of before.

Quote Originally Posted by telackey2 View Post
    All that said, I *shortened* the buffer size from 30s to 3s, and that seems to have helped.

Of course, I'm not sure if that is even honored in the case of the Qobuz plugin, so it could have been dumb luck. As mentioned above, I was just doing some random guessing and knob turning. Really the only way to check is to capture the traffic (Fiddler, tcpdump, etc.)

Apparently the Qobuz API now supports sorting favorites by artist, name, or date added? Once again, all I know is I've seen a mention of this on another forum: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/t...omment-1008367
    LMS: SGC microJukebox running Sonicorbiter OS
    Control apps: Squeezelite-X on Win 10; Squeezer or Material web app on Android
    Players: Duet, Touch (two), Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X on laptop and HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by left channel View Post
    Apparently the Qobuz API now supports sorting favorites by artist, name, or date added? Once again, all I know is I've seen a mention of this on another forum: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/t...omment-1008367
    Roon offers sorting capabilites, as well.

Name:  FJIMG_20191129_215845.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  197.1 KB
    Living Room / Hifi: piCorePlayer 4.0.0 on rPi 3B+ & Allo DigiOne & 1TB USB (LMS 7.9.2 & Squeezelite) & Keces DC-116, Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock, Rega DAC R, Rotel RB/RC-1070, Klipsch Forte III
    Bedroom: Boom
    Kitchen: Radio
    Spare: SB3, Touch