Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 307 of 358 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3579
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    Skipping frames.... If you have this synced with another player? Try breaking the sync.
    Entirely too logical. Of course it worked. And it makes sense to me that if LMS is sending music to two software players then there will be skipping -- because the two players are not sharing a clock, and the server's can't keep both devices' buffers full. Either one will overflow or the other will empty out, causing re-sync clicks.

Thank you for catching that.

Squeezelite not running

I have a Pi 3 with picoreplayer installed. Neither my LMS server on my PC or my OrangeSqueeze controller on my tablet will sync with the picore device regularly (but both do occasionally). The pi is connected to my router via wifi and I can access the pCP main page. When I look at the Operations Details it says "Squeezelite not running". If I go into Tweaks it says "Automatically start Squeezelite when pCP starts" and this is set to yes. I can't understand what else I am supposed to do to set Squeezelite running from the start.
    Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by richardkendell View Post
    If I go into Tweaks it says "Automatically start Squeezelite when pCP starts" and this is set to yes. I can't understand what else I am supposed to do to set Squeezelite running from the start.
    Can anyone help?

Did you click on "Save"?

Maybe reboot as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Did you click on "Save"?

Maybe reboot as well?
    Have Saved and Rebooted and still get the same problem. I am sure it is something very simple but I can't understand what!

Quote Originally Posted by richardkendell View Post
    Have Saved and Rebooted and still get the same problem. I am sure it is something very simple but I can't understand what!

Oh, that's bad luck.

Try to expand the card first, from the beta page, then restart squeezelite.

If that does not work, reformat the card and re-image with latest version 2.04 (?).

If that does not work, ask on the picoreplayer thread.

atb

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Oh, that's bad luck.

Try to expand the card first, from the beta page, then restart squeezelite.

If that does not work, reformat the card and re-image with latest version 2.04 (?).

If that does not work, ask on the picoreplayer thread.

atb

Ronnie
    Pcp 2.03 had a fault that meant squeezelite will not start, try updateing the squeezelite from the gui.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Pcp 2.03 had a fault that meant squeezelite will not start, try updateing the squeezelite from the gui.
    Thanks. I adopted the year zero approach, downloaded a new copy of the software, reformatted the card and reinstalled. It now seems to work. I did exactly the same before and it didn't work so quite what the difference is I have no idea.

ATTN: Ralphy

Ralphy, squeezelite patch attached if you haven't already dealt with those pesky compiler warnings, due to ffmpeg deprecation of alloc/free functions.... (I hate compiler warnings!!!!)

I have a few more patches to follow, more contentious than this, as they are functional rather than cosmetic. This ones a no-brainer if you haven't already dealt with it yourself.

squeezelite-compiler-warnings.patch

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    Ralphy, squeezelite patch attached if you haven't already dealt with those pesky compiler warnings, due to ffmpeg deprecation of alloc/free functions.... (I hate compiler warnings!!!!)

I have a few more patches to follow, more contentious than this, as they are functional rather than cosmetic. This ones a no-brainer if you haven't already dealt with it yourself.

squeezelite-compiler-warnings.patch
    Some of the warning we had fixed. However I reverted the changes and applied yours, in the hopes it would simplify applying the additional patches to follow.

Your changes for ffmpeg.c still produce 2 warnings when compiled against ffmpeg 3.01.

Code:
    ffmpeg.c: In function 'ff_decode':
    ffmpeg.c:518:2: warning: 'av_free_packet' is deprecated (declared at ./include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:4040) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    ffmpeg.c: In function '_free_ff_data':
    ffmpeg.c:551:3: warning: 'av_free_packet' is deprecated (declared at ./include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:4040) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    Here's a patch to fix those. However, it doesn't check the library version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Your changes for ffmpeg.c still produce 2 warnings when compiled against ffmpeg 3.01.
    LOL. I'm still using 2.x.x versions, so I haven't come across that yet. (I think I'm using a 2.1.8 on the Fedora 20 stuff I'm still maintaining and 2.8.6 on everything else.)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Code:
    ffmpeg.c: In function 'ff_decode':
    ffmpeg.c:518:2: warning: 'av_free_packet' is deprecated (declared at ./include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:4040) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    ffmpeg.c: In function '_free_ff_data':
    ffmpeg.c:551:3: warning: 'av_free_packet' is deprecated (declared at ./include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:4040) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    Here's a patch to fix those. However, it doesn't check the library version.
    OK. If I have time this afternoon, I'll go through ffmpeg changelog and see when those deprecations were introduced and put a version check in for them as well.