Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 257 of 358 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3579
    Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    This patch is now in git master - still looking for feedback....
    I've had no issues for the past 2 days with 2 players, not synced however.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

[19:27:06.537471] ir_thread:137 ir lirc: KEY_EQUAL [00] -> 0
    [19:27:07.852368] ir_thread:122 ir cmd: voldown -> 768900ff
    [19:27:08.762694] ir_thread:137 ir lirc: KEY_EQUAL [00] -> 0
    [19:27:09.617728] ir_thread:122 ir cmd: voldown -> 768900ff
    [19:27:10.497520] ir_thread:137 ir lirc: KEY_EQUAL [00] -> 0
    [19:27:11.392461] ir_thread:122 ir cmd: voldown -> 768900ff
    [19:27:12.391934] ir_thread:137 ir lirc: KEY_EQUAL [00] -> 0
    [19:27:13.372334] ir_thread:122 ir cmd: voldown -> 768900ff
    [19:27:14.408889] ir_thread:137 ir lirc: KEY_EQUAL [00] -> 0
    Not had time to look at the what and why. Every other keypress, one gets translated via lircrc config. Following one isn't.

begin
    remote = devinput
    button = KEY_EQUAL
    prog = squeezelite
    config = voldown
    end

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    Not had time to look at the what and why. Every other keypress, one gets translated via lircrc config. Following one isn't.
    What happens with repeat in the lirc definition?

What happens with repeat in the lirc definition?
    Same. Doesn't matter, repeat = 0, repeat = 1, no difference. Every other keypress, regardless if the same or different key, odd is translated via lircrc, even is not. I'll run it through the debugger. Up to the point I started testing on BananaPi with built-in IR receiver, everything else was hunky-dory, when not using a lircrc to translate, setting the codes on the lircd backend so no translation needed, but with the BananaPi, lircd is reading devinput via sunxi-ir and default devinput lircd remote config, and need to translate the KEY_X to something squeezelite understands via a user lircrc.

On another note, might be worth taking the change Firmware=VERSION into your upstream. I like the idea of the version number of squeezelite being sent via the HELO capabilities string, so it is logged on the back-end if verbose enough. (Not sure about the call to init alsa device, which shouldn't be needed, and the LITTLE ENDIAN stuff, just Firmware=. )

added squeezelite version as a Firmware version in slimproto protocol
    Last edited by JackOfAll; 2015-01-09 at 13:42.

My worry about the firmware version is is means the server is looking at firmware numbers - it tests for specific values to give reponses in some places. Probably doesn't matter if we don't get to the number 7.x, but it not just cosmic to the server...

Agree the alsa prepare call is explicitly defined as being done when the hardware params are set - so this is doing it twice.

Same. Doesn't matter, repeat = 0, repeat = 1, no difference. Every other keypress, regardless if the same or different key, odd is translated via lircrc, even is not. I'll run it through the debugger. Up to the point I started testing on BananaPi with built-in IR receiver, everything else was hunky-dory, when not using a lircrc to translate, setting the codes on the lircd backend so no translation needed, but with the BananaPi, lircd is reading devinput via sunxi-ir and default devinput lircd remote config, and need to translate the KEY_X to something squeezelite understands via a user lircrc.
    I've tested on humming board and Pi - both seemed to do the same thing to me. What does irw give you?

I've tested on humming board and Pi - both seemed to do the same thing to me. What does irw give you?
    I'll have to come back to this at some point over the weekend. Think I can probably nail it myself in the debugger. Pretty sure, it's squeezelite ir code that needs a mod. I did have a quick look at irw and "ir-keytable -t /dev/input/event0"output earlier. Looks OK to me. Single key presses. Not repeating. It strange. Squeezelite is looking up every alternate keypress in user lircrc, or that's how it looks to me.

My worry about the firmware version is is means the server is looking at firmware numbers - it tests for specific values to give reponses in some places. Probably doesn't matter if we don't get to the number 7.x, but it not just cosmic to the server...
    Figured you would say something along those lines. Not sure about cosmic though! Not just cosmetic, maybe! LOL. ISTR, you can send XXX=YYY (basically anything at all) in the capabilities. Anything the server doesn't understand it ignores. SoftwareVersion=1.6.6, maybe?

Agree the alsa prepare call is explicitly defined as being done when the hardware params are set - so this is doing it twice.
    Yep, I suspect he is using some buggy old version of ALSA on that NAS....

Figured you would say something along those lines. Not sure about cosmic though! Not just cosmetic, maybe! LOL. ISTR, you can send XXX=YYY (basically anything at all) in the capabilities. Anything the server doesn't understand it ignores. SoftwareVersion=1.6.6, maybe?
    In which case the server will ignore and not display it.... the reason for the proposal was to display on the server info page I believe?

In which case the server will ignore and not display it.... the reason for the proposal was to display on the server info page I believe?
    Not sure, I'll check. I think server logs the whole HELO msg when debug level for clients is enabled, but when it actually parses string, it ignores any "tags" it doesn't recognise....

EDIT: Just to clarify, I was more wanting to see it in the LMS server.log file, logged when a new client connects, along with the rest of the HELO msg, rather than thinking about what is shown on the server info web page.
    Last edited by JackOfAll; 2015-01-09 at 14:11.