Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 357 of 358 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358 LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 3579
    Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    Yes I have:
    using pcp6b7 and to my knowledge currently no update possible with: Main page : squeezelite - update or full update.
    And the FFMpeg libraries for Squeezelite do nothing for ogg vorbis
    The Ogg/Vorbis decoder in squeezelite is native. Triode initially added support back in 2011 just after the 0.2beta1 release.
    The introduction of Ogg/Vorbis native playback in Spotty uncovered a couple of issues in the squeezelite decoder implementation which are fixed in 1.9.4-1182 and newer. pCP versions 4.1, 5.x and 6.xbeta all have a squeezelite extension available which include the bug fixes.

Forum member chill recently created a compressed version of his flac library using ogg/vorbis and picoreplayer. There's no indication of problems using ogg/vorbis files with squeezelite. He even provides a flac to ogg conversion script in the thread.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Forum member chill recently created a compressed version of his flac library using ogg/vorbis and picoreplayer. There's no indication of problems using ogg/vorbis files with squeezelite. He even provides a flac to ogg conversion script in the thread.
    Thanks Ralphy,
    I assumed the overall support in PCP is better than my experience. And perhaps the issues I experience could be caused by bad .ogg file.
    They do play on an old android phone, but that is not a real quality check.
    Let me start by scrapping all old ogg files and recode them
    Thanks for the thread link, it does match most of my wish list.
    Regards, M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

oggenc

reporting back:

I have recreated a library with .ogg files from my main set of .flac files.
    Using the oggenc from the vorbis-tools extension, and a some scripts from chilll.
    The files play without issue's, on all players in my house, also when synchronised in groups.
    The issue's I had must have been due to the files I made using several windows tools.
    So now I have to scrub the library and push the new .oggs to my car.

M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

Need Help 0db vol 100%

Hi folks,

related to my post on the picoreplayer 6.0.0 for RPI4 thread, i need some assistance to setup correctly my squeezelite.

Here's my setup :

- RPI4 2go
    - Pcp audiocore 6.0.0-b7 + LMS on 16gb microSD
    - Last eeprom updated
    - An USB DAC with no hardware volume control (Cambridge Magic100) connected to the pi with USB-B
    - An Amp (Atoll IN80SE) connected to the DAC with RCA
    -I disabled build-in audio card

Here are the link of my both post :

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post962992

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post963015

The short story is : I use an USB DAC trought a pi4 with pcp+lms and i would like to setup 0db 100% volume outputs like the option which exist on moode or volumio.
    This disable the mixer and the software volume controle and gives full performance to my dac and then to my amp.

Could you please tell me how to do this trick ?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by a491765; 2020-02-01 at 14:35.

Quote Originally Posted by a491765 View Post
    Hi folks,

related to my post on the picoreplayer 6.0.0 for RPI4 thread, i need some assistance to setup correctly my squeezelite.

Here's my setup :

- RPI4 2go
    - Pcp audiocore 6.0.0-b7 + LMS on 16gb microSD
    - Last eeprom updated
    - An USB DAC with no hardware volume control (Cambridge Magic100) connected to the pi with USB-B
    - An Amp (Atoll IN80SE) connected to the DAC with RCA
    -I disabled build-in audio card

Here are the link of my both post :

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post962992

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post963015

The short story is : I use an USB DAC trought a pi4 with pcp+lms and i would like to setup 0db 100% volume outputs like the option which exist on moode or volumio.
    This disable the mixer and the software volume controle and gives full performance to my dac and then to my amp.

Could you please tell me how to do this trick ?

Thanks for your help.
    This is not enough for you?
    Name:  Cattura.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  223.9 KB
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

The problem is, you can't disable the HW mixer - the alsa-mixer - if such a mixer is offered by the driver/firmware.

Meaning, before starting squeezelite you'd need to initialize the HW mixer of your DAC.

I havn't tested if LMS also sets the HW-mixer through squeezelite external Volume control to 100% if enabled.

I kind of doubt it.

Because of above and to avoid ambiguous/random situations I configured all my systemd service files to
    run a alsa-mixer-init.sh script (that knows all settings for all my DACs) before starting squeezelite.
    That script also resets all the old Alsa settings.
    Last edited by soundcheck; 2020-02-02 at 04:05.

Quote Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post
    The problem is, you can't disable the HW mixer - the alsa-mixer - if such a mixer is offered by the driver/firmware.

Meaning, before starting squeezelite you'd need to initialize the HW mixer of your DAC.

I havn't tested if LMS also sets the HW-mixer through squeezelite external Volume control to 100% if enabled.

I kind of doubt it.

Because of above and to avoid ambiguous/random situations I configured all my systemd service files to
    run a alsa-mixer-init.sh script (that knows all settings for all my DACs) before starting squeezelite.
    Just selecting the hw: prefixed device you get a direct access to the hardware.

Name:  Cattura.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  183.5 KB

This for sure prevent OS mixers like pulse or JACK to interact with the sound card, not sure if also ALSA MIXER is bypassed or not.
    Last edited by marcoc1712; 2020-02-02 at 04:27.
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    This is not enough for you?
    Yes already did that, but i thought it was more a client trick than a source solution.

If my alsa mixer is setup to 90% and i use the 100% LMS solution this mean iam at 100% of the 90 % right ?
    My goal is to setup source at 100%
    If you can confirm that LMS solution did the job its ok for me.

Quote Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post

I kind of doubt it.

Well not sure to understand but my goal isn't really disable it (unless it is needed to reach my goal).
    My goal is that i want the pi to decode and transfert music information to my DAC with no resample, no remix, no boost, no replaygain.... just send "like it" and DAC do the job.

I follow your guideline to run my squeezelite, and disable build-in audio card

Not sure if i'm clear Name:  Screenshot_20200202_124414.jpeg
Views: 34
Size:  140.0 KB
    Last edited by a491765; 2020-02-02 at 04:47.

Quote Originally Posted by a491765 View Post
    Yes already did that, but i thought it was more a client trick than a source solution.

If my alsa mixer is setup to 90% and i use the 100% LMS solution this mean iam at 100% of the 90 % right ?
    My goal is to setup source at 100%
    If you can confirm that LMS solution did the job its ok for me.
    Nope.

The LMS control only operate on server side. You could then have a volume control in Squeezelite (using, if I well remember -V option) AND in the OS at hardware and software level.
    Squeezelite option -U seems to do the job at alsa mixer level.
    But I believe you should then disable the -V option.

This is my alsamixer for the hw: deviceName:  Cattura.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  54.9 KB
    Last edited by marcoc1712; 2020-02-02 at 05:08.