Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 345 of 345 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345
Results 3,441 to 3,447 of 3447
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    The problem here is that the wav header is missing or malformed in the stream. Daphile was the first to adopt R2 mods in order to read the header from the stream, as far as I Know is identical to R2 in that matter, but maybe Kimmo modified the code that investigate the header in order to handle DXD, could you please post the squeezelite LOG from inside Daphile?

BTW, this time the Audio device is correctly opened at 32 bit 352800 hz.
    I would love too however I am not sure how to do this. I just installed a Beta version as only there you can access via ssh. I found a squeezelite in /etc/bin but I am not sure how to get logfile from.
    Sorry :-( Could you help again.

Your discussion has moved on but I'd like to conclude the offshoot I started.

I don't know DXD but I think I understand the underlying issue.
    DXD "hide" in a WAV file format - WAV is just a convenient format to hold the DXD datastream which can be used to trick LMS to send the DXD data stream content to a DAC unchanged.
    For that to happen LMS must think the destination player can support the file format.
    WAV files can hold samples in different formats fixed point PCM, IEEE Float, 8bit a-Law, 8bit mu-Law and extensible.
    LMS players only support fixed point PC and so will have difficulty with any non PCM format. Different sample size and sample rate can be handled by LMS

You provided a dump of the file headers of two DXD 325kHz DXD files. As I understand it one plays and the other doesn't. Summary of the header analysis is as follows

2 ch, 352.8kHz, 32bits/sample, audio format of sample is IEEE Float : What-A-Wonderful-World_DXD352KHz_2chDXD.wav
    2 ch, 352.8kHz, 24bits/sample, audio format of sample is PCM : a-fool-for-you-carmen-gomes-inc-dxd352khz.wav

There is a "JUNK" chunk which has some data but is different for each file. This could be DXD related but AFAICT the data in JUNK is not passed by LMS or squeezelite to DAC so is ignored.

To understand why the file is unplayable you need to determine whether the data in the unplayable file WAV fmt header is correct and the audio DXD data is really in 32 bit floating point and needs to be converted or whether the fmt file header is wrong and just the header needs to be corrected.

What-A-Wonderful-World_DXD352KHz_2chDXD.wav
    Thanks a lot for all this very useful and detailed information :-) Hoenestly I do not understand everything but a few things a now much clearer. I also investigated my soundcards (Both DACS iNANO and DIY)

Code:
    server:~/programs$ aplay --dump-hw-params -D hw:4,0 -f cd /dev/zero
    Playing raw data '/dev/zero' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
    HW Params of device "hw:4,0":
    --------------------
    ACCESS:  MMAP_INTERLEAVED RW_INTERLEAVED
    FORMAT:  S16_LE S32_LE SPECIAL DSD_U32_BE
    SUBFORMAT:  STD
    SAMPLE_BITS: [16 32]
    FRAME_BITS: [32 64]
    CHANNELS: 2
    RATE: [44100 768000]
    PERIOD_TIME: [125 2972155)
    PERIOD_SIZE: [8 131072]
    PERIOD_BYTES: [64 524288]
    PERIODS: [2 1024]
    BUFFER_TIME: (20 5944309)
    BUFFER_SIZE: [16 262144]
    BUFFER_BYTES: [64 1048576]
    TICK_TIME: ALL
    --------------------
    ^CAborted by signal Interrupt...
    server:~/programs$ aplay --dump-hw-params -D hw:3,0 -f cd /dev/zero
    Playing raw data '/dev/zero' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
    HW Params of device "hw:3,0":
    --------------------
    ACCESS:  MMAP_INTERLEAVED RW_INTERLEAVED
    FORMAT:  S32_LE SPECIAL DSD_U32_BE
    SUBFORMAT:  STD
    SAMPLE_BITS: 32
    FRAME_BITS: 64
    CHANNELS: 2
    RATE: [44100 384000]
    PERIOD_TIME: [125 1486078)
    PERIOD_SIZE: [8 65536]
    PERIOD_BYTES: [64 524288]
    PERIODS: [2 1024]
    BUFFER_TIME: (41 2972155)
    BUFFER_SIZE: [16 131072]
    BUFFER_BYTES: [128 1048576]
    TICK_TIME: ALL
    --------------------
    aplay: set_params:1299: Sample format non available
    Available formats:
    - S32_LE
    - SPECIAL
    - DSD_U32_BE
    sovaria@danteserver:~/programs$
    Thanks S

Quote Originally Posted by s25a View Post
    Thanks a lot for all this very useful and detailed information :-) Hoenestly I do not understand everything but a few things a now much clearer. I also investigated my soundcards (Both DACS iNANO and DIY)[
    As a final action to test - you could try converting the DXD that has floating point PCM into a 24 bit Fixed point (as usedinplayable file) by the following command
    Code:
    sox What-A-Wonderful-World_DXD352KHz_2chDXD.wav -b 24 -e signed What-A-Wonderful-World_DXD352KHz_2chDXD-fixed.wav
    Now you should test if the file What-A-Wonderful-World_DXD352KHz_2chDXD-fixed.wav is playable

Hi,

thanks a lot.

Yes.... both of it is working: :-)

Code:
    sox /tank/media/TEST/What-A-Wonderful-World_DXD352KHz_2chDXD.wav -b 32 -e signed /tank/media/TEST/What-A-Wonderful-World_converted32Int.wav
    or

Code:
    sox /tank/media/TEST/What-A-Wonderful-World_DXD352KHz_2chDXD.wav -b 24 -e signed /tank/media/TEST/What-A-Wonderful-World_converted32Int.wav
    I am still searching for the logfile of squeezelite in the local player of Daphile. Maybe there's a small modification that the headers there are handled differently. If someone knows how to get these I would be wonderful to know this.

Thanks

S

Yes.... both of it is working: :-)
    Does this means both actually play ?
    I'm not sure the 32 bit conversion will improve anything a bit like converting 16 bit samples into 24bit samples.

I am still searching for the logfile of squeezelite in the local player of Daphile. Maybe there's a small modification that the headers there are handled differently.
    What are are you looking for and why ?
    What is this modification you are looking for ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Does this means both actually play ?
    I'm not sure the 32 bit conversion will improve anything a bit like converting 16 bit samples into 24bit samples.

What are are you looking for and why ?
    What is this modification you are looking for ?
    Yes both actually play. The only thing I wonder a little bit. It's very soft. If you play the unconverted track it's much much louder however with the noise in background

I am looking for the squeezelite log in Daphile. As far as I understood an instance of squeezelite is setup for each Audio Interface connected. These instances can handle the Files without any conversion through LMS.
    So Marco was wondering if there is anything modified
    This was his statement a few posts ago:
    The problem here is that the wav header is missing or malformed in the stream. Daphile was the first to adopt R2 mods in order to read the header from the stream, as far as I Know is identical to R2 in that matter, but maybe Kimmo modified the code that investigate the header in order to handle DXD, could you please post the squeezelite LOG from inside Daphile?

BTW, this time the Audio device is correctly opened at 32 bit 352800 hz
    Thanks S

Yes both actually play. The only thing I wonder a little bit. It's very soft. If you play the unconverted track it's much much louder however with the noise in background
    This maybe placebo/nocebo/expectation effect. IIRC (and it's a long time since I did principles of floating point repesentarion) but IEEE Floating point is not be able to represent all possible number in the range that Fixed point can so in theory IEEE Float could be worse than Fixed point. Depending on the precision (i.e. how many figures after decimal point are used) of the samples this may be irrelevant - in which case both are equal.

I am looking for the squeezelite log in Daphile. As far as I understood an instance of squeezelite is setup for each Audio Interface connected. These instances can handle the Files without any conversion through LMS.
    If Floating point PCM may be sent transparently down to the DAC but you need to confirm that DAC handle IEEE Floating point PCM ?

edit:

You can check whether a USB audio device supports IEEE Float PCM by looking at output from lsusb and checking the "bFormatType" fields. This field is used to describe supported formats.
    Last edited by bpa; 2018-08-28 at 04:28.

Thanks S
    if "much much loiuder" means >> 6db (the double of pressure, almost the difference between the volume knob at 9 and at 10 in your amp) in sound level with sign of clipping and loud noise in bakground, that probably means the player is reading data with a wrong format, where sox is reading it correctly and transcode it to the format you gave it in output (32 bit, signed, little endian) with a rebuilded wav header.

If I well remember, the log of Daphile could be found in the extra or developer menu (only in beta versions).
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it