Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 352 of 355 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3549
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmonaut_75 View Post
    Oh boy, yes, it is a lot of work. I got into the plugins without having read your post. Minimserver is much more stable and straightforward in that regard...
    I had some difficulties with 'Work' and 'Group' tags in minimserver, but eventually got a solution that works for me. I think most people end up with their own solutions for classical.
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Hi there.

JustFYI. I brought up the linear volume control issue some time back.

I completely rewrote (for myself) the linear volume control for external audio devices,
    replacing the old stuff from squeezelite. I'm running it for a couple of months now.

The VC now follows a simple logarithmic curve and is giving me a 1dB/click change.
    I tested it on several RPI HAT DACs that I have around here.

What a nice and never known experience.
    The volume gets nicely and consistent up&down and at e.g. 6 clicks (94) you know that you're
    at -6dB.

Background:
    Modern DACs like the ESS SABRE 9038xxx offer excellent sometimes even preferable on-DAC volume controls.
    Usually 1 or 0.5dB steps are offered through the DAC driver. Since that on-DAC curve is already logarithmic
    squeezelite/LMS just needs a very simple mapping: 100=0dB 99=-1dB asf. And that simple mapping doesn't exist.

While running the tests I even found a VC related driver issue on the Allo Katana DAC.
    It took me a while to get them looking into it. Now it's fixed. Now also the Katana
    does 1dB/click.

I also issued trouble-tickets on LMS. I mentioned the issues (ambigous and swapped values on LMS VC)
    related to the squeezelite volumecurve.
    It's been a while. I pretty much doubt that anybody will ever look into it.
    I did also figure out the VC algorithm/curve is hardcoded on LMS.
    While looking into it, I realized the probably best way to cope with such an issue would be to think
    about a squeezelite-player-api on LMS in the future. squeezelite is probably the most used agent on LMS nowadays.
    And it'll remain that way for a while. Things like e.g. volume curve algorithm could then easily moved to squeezelite.
    Though I doubt that something like that will ever happen either.

Anyhow. I just wanted to let you know.

Enjoy squeezelite.
    Last edited by soundcheck; 2019-09-18 at 06:58.

Squeezelite Versions and WMA

ralphy,

I understand that Squeezelite-win versions support decoders as follows from the readme.txt file:

squeezelite-1.9.5+zip - Includes opus, ogg/flac and apple reference alac decoder, no wma decode support.
    squeezelite-1.9.4*zip - Includes opus and apple reference alac decoder, no wma decode support.
    squeezelite-1.9.3*zip - Includes opus and ffmpeg alac and wma decoders.

Anyway, I have been including whatever I thought was the latest version of squeezelite-win with Squeezelite-X without thinking about decoder support. I never noticed until recently that unless Logitech Media Server is running on Windows, that I can't play WMA files. Never noticed because my server runs Windows. But my two R-Pi's don't and I can't play WMA's on those. (Which now makes sense). I attempted to install the WMA plugin. I also attempted to install mplayer because the plugin said I needed to. But it still does not play WMA files. OK.

Since Squeezelite-X is a Windows app afterall,it should have WMA support. I guess I should just include squeezelite-win 1.9.3-1178, right? Is the idea that you apply relevant fixes/updates to 1.9.3 along with the rest or is 1.9.3 sort of a dead version?

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    ralphy,

I understand that Squeezelite-win versions support decoders as follows from the readme.txt file:

squeezelite-1.9.5+zip - Includes opus, ogg/flac and apple reference alac decoder, no wma decode support.
    squeezelite-1.9.4*zip - Includes opus and apple reference alac decoder, no wma decode support.
    squeezelite-1.9.3*zip - Includes opus and ffmpeg alac and wma decoders.

Anyway, I have been including whatever I thought was the latest version of squeezelite-win with Squeezelite-X without thinking about decoder support. I never noticed until recently that unless Logitech Media Server is running on Windows, that I can't play WMA files. Never noticed because my server runs Windows. But my two R-Pi's don't and I can't play WMA's on those. (Which now makes sense). I attempted to install the WMA plugin. I also attempted to install mplayer because the plugin said I needed to. But it still does not play WMA files. OK.

Since Squeezelite-X is a Windows app afterall,it should have WMA support. I guess I should just include squeezelite-win 1.9.3-1178, right? Is the idea that you apply relevant fixes/updates to 1.9.3 along with the rest or is 1.9.3 sort of a dead version?

R Greg Dawson
    Newer versions of the ffmpeg library used for wma decoding do not build using Visual Studio 2008 on my xp build VM. That and the fact ffmpeg is constantly deprecating API functions I decided to pull support for wma. When I attempted to move to a newer version of windows and VS you could no longer use the squeezelite-win binary without installing the VC redist, which was an issue for Squeezelite-X. For now, I've updated squeezelite-1.9.6-1196-win32.zip to include squeezelite-ffmpeg that you can rename to squeezelite-win for SLX. Note that wma lossless is still broken and disabled as previously discussed. I do not plan to fix it unless someone provides a pull request.

Enabling wma server side decoding in LMS for picoreplayer.
    I've attached the custom-convert.conf I use with ffmpeg for decoding all wma formats.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Newer versions of the ffmpeg library used for wma decoding do not build using Visual Studio 2008 on my xp build VM. That and the fact ffmpeg is constantly deprecating API functions I decided to pull support for wma. When I attempted to move to a newer version of windows and VS you could no longer use the squeezelite-win binary without installing the VC redist, which was an issue for Squeezelite-X. For now, I've updated squeezelite-1.9.6-1196-win32.zip to include squeezelite-ffmpeg that you can rename to squeezelite-win for SLX. Note that wma lossless is still broken and disabled as previously discussed. I do not plan to fix it unless someone provides a pull request.

Enabling wma server side decoding in LMS for picoreplayer.
    I've attached the custom-convert.conf I use with ffmpeg for decoding all wma formats.
    Wow, thanks. That does the trick.

R Greg Dawson
    Squeezelite-X

GUI for Squeezelite, please provide Windows Binary

Hello Ralphy,

thank you so much for your Squeezelite Player development.

May I ask you for a favour, since I am not a programmer at all.

Could you please compile and provide a WINDOWS Version of

squeezelite-1.9.3 (Includes opus and ffmpeg alac and wma decoders) WITH this Squeezeslave GUI Patch?

https://github.com/fpasteau/squeezelite

I have many older Windows 10 (64Bit) mashines running with your Squeezelite in DOS BOX. But I really miss the old GUI from the Squeezeslave.

I know, we have Squeezelite-X and web browsers, but maybe, you have some time left over for that.

Thanks very much in advance and

Greetings

Hardware: 1 Touch,3 Radio,1 Boom,1 SB3, PiCorePlayer
    Players Software: squeezelite
    Steuerung: Squeeze Comander
    Plugins:"SpiceFly; Custom Browse, TrackStat; Custom Scan; MusicInfoSCR; LazySearch 2, JustCovers,PlayHLS with Dreambox extension, and more.

LMS 7.9.2 WINDOWS 10 1903 64Bit &MusicIP Server

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox_Fan View Post
    Hello Ralphy,

thank you so much for your Squeezelite Player development.

May I ask you for a favour, since I am not a programmer at all.

Could you please compile and provide a WINDOWS Version of

squeezelite-1.9.3 (Includes opus and ffmpeg alac and wma decoders) WITH this Squeezeslave GUI Patch?

https://github.com/fpasteau/squeezelite

I have many older Windows 10 (64Bit) mashines running with your Squeezelite in DOS BOX. But I really miss the old GUI from the Squeezeslave.

I know, we have Squeezelite-X and web browsers, but maybe, you have some time left over for that.

Thanks very much in advance and

Greetings
    The squeezelite interactive patch was created for version 1.6 and does not apply to the current 1.9 sources, which is why I removed it from github.

I have no personal need for an interactive squeezelite build for windows.

The squeezeslave windows build with the interactive feature is still available.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks for quick answer

Hello Ralphy,

thanks for your quick reply and the link. I will try it out.

Greetings

Hardware: 1 Touch,3 Radio,1 Boom,1 SB3, PiCorePlayer
    Players Software: squeezelite
    Steuerung: Squeeze Comander
    Plugins:"SpiceFly; Custom Browse, TrackStat; Custom Scan; MusicInfoSCR; LazySearch 2, JustCovers,PlayHLS with Dreambox extension, and more.

LMS 7.9.2 WINDOWS 10 1903 64Bit &MusicIP Server

Squeezelite with 22.05 kHz Sample Rate

One of my local radio stations dropped the sample rate in their stream to 22.05 kHz. My squeezelite install cannot play this stream. However the stream plays on Windows with Squeezelite-X which uses squeezelite as the player. The stream also plays on Linux Mint on a PC using VLC and the same USB DAC.

My system consists of PogoPlug players running Debian Wheezy and squeezelite playing through inexpensive USB DACs. I've been running Squeezelite 1.6.4 completely trouble-free for 5 years or so.

It seems I must "upsample" the 22.05 kHz stream to 44.1 kHz that the DACs can handle. This seems to happen automatically with Windows or Linux Mint on a PC. I previously posted in the LMS thread where bpa noted that alsa should be able to upsample. He suggested using the hwplug: device for squeezelite output; only one of my DACs reports this device.

Here is what I have done:

updated squeezelite to 1.9.5 armel binary
    selected the hwpug: device for output (-o etc) - result 22.05 kHz stream now plays, but with crackling and distortion, similar crackling and distortion on 44.1 kHz streams
    forced 16 bit alsa and no MMAP with the -a parameter: -a 40::16:0 - result crackling and distortion remains on 22.05 kHz stream, 44.1 kHz are better but not as good as when using a non hwplug: device, i.e., front:CARD=...

Some research indicates that I should have alsa-plugins installed; dpkg -l thinks I do not. Is this needed?

Is the Pogoplug underpowered for upsampling? squeezelite is using 5% CPU playing a 44.1 kHz stream.

Need help. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh49 View Post
    Is the Pogoplug underpowered for upsampling? squeezelite is using 5% CPU playing a 44.1 kHz stream.
    I had to go through this same exercise a few years ago for the same reason and ended up compiling my own version of squeezelite to get all the options I wanted enabled on the PogoPlug. I can't remember exactly which compile options I went for as it was so long ago, but the PogoPlug definitely has enough horsepower to handle the upsampling without breaking a sweat, so you should be good there.