Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 357 of 357 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357
Results 3,561 to 3,563 of 3563
    Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    Yes I have:
    using pcp6b7 and to my knowledge currently no update possible with: Main page : squeezelite - update or full update.
    And the FFMpeg libraries for Squeezelite do nothing for ogg vorbis
    The Ogg/Vorbis decoder in squeezelite is native. Triode initially added support back in 2011 just after the 0.2beta1 release.
    The introduction of Ogg/Vorbis native playback in Spotty uncovered a couple of issues in the squeezelite decoder implementation which are fixed in 1.9.4-1182 and newer. pCP versions 4.1, 5.x and 6.xbeta all have a squeezelite extension available which include the bug fixes.

Forum member chill recently created a compressed version of his flac library using ogg/vorbis and picoreplayer. There's no indication of problems using ogg/vorbis files with squeezelite. He even provides a flac to ogg conversion script in the thread.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Forum member chill recently created a compressed version of his flac library using ogg/vorbis and picoreplayer. There's no indication of problems using ogg/vorbis files with squeezelite. He even provides a flac to ogg conversion script in the thread.
    Thanks Ralphy,
    I assumed the overall support in PCP is better than my experience. And perhaps the issues I experience could be caused by bad .ogg file.
    They do play on an old android phone, but that is not a real quality check.
    Let me start by scrapping all old ogg files and recode them
    Thanks for the thread link, it does match most of my wish list.
    Regards, M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

oggenc

reporting back:

I have recreated a library with .ogg files from my main set of .flac files.
    Using the oggenc from the vorbis-tools extension, and a some scripts from chilll.
    The files play without issue's, on all players in my house, also when synchronised in groups.
    The issue's I had must have been due to the files I made using several windows tools.
    So now I have to scrub the library and push the new .oggs to my car.

M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...