Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 36 of 356 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

A tremendous THANK YOU

Hi Triode

A big THANK YOU for this marvelous program!

I've compiled it on a goflex net (squeezeplug) and it runs beautifully for flacs 16/44 and 24/96. Wonderful!

Music stutters with a flac 24/192 test file, but I believe that the goflex is at its flac-decoding limits. (There should however be no downsampling to something less than 192 as the audiowidget-DAC is hooked up in HW mode (started with "squeezelite -o hw:0,0 -n squeezelite").

A test WAV 32/192 refused to play, but that is probably without much practical significance for most of us.

Thanks again!
    ElEsido

Quote Originally Posted by john.vestberg View Post
    Yes, Squeezeplay behaves in the same way, with one difference though; when navigating to the problem track from the player's UI, the track can be played, at least at first.

Edit: The results are inconclusive; I can manage to play the track in squeezeplay also from the LMS web UI _sometimes_, but I cannot reproduce the states when this works and when it doesn't.
    There's some randomness introduced by the why the spotify plugin interacts with libspotify and the caching they both do.. At present I'm viewing this issue as specific to my spotify plugin and not a specific problem with squeezelite - so will look to address with a spotify update sometime soon.

If anyone else has a "locking up" case which is no related to spotify then please flag it here...

Gapless MP3 Playback Works!

Triode since you updated the source I was able to test gapless MP3 playback and it works great for me. Thanks again for such a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by ElEsido View Post
    Hi Triode

A big THANK YOU for this marvelous program!

I've compiled it on a goflex net (squeezeplug) and it runs beautifully for flacs 16/44 and 24/96. Wonderful!

Music stutters with a flac 24/192 test file, but I believe that the goflex is at its flac-decoding limits. (There should however be no downsampling to something less than 192 as the audiowidget-DAC is hooked up in HW mode (started with "squeezelite -o hw:0,0 -n squeezelite").

A test WAV 32/192 refused to play, but that is probably without much practical significance for most of us.

Thanks again!
    ElEsido
    For 32bit wave - do you mean 32 bit integer or 32 bit float samples? I think integer could be added, but the server doesn't look like it distinguishes between int and float. Do you have your test file playing with squeezeplay/touch?

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    For 32bit wave - do you mean 32 bit integer or 32 bit float samples? I think integer could be added, but the server doesn't look like it distinguishes between int and float. Do you have your test file playing with squeezeplay/touch?
    I don't know... I downloaded the sample from here: http://www.unipheyemusic.com/filetest.cfm.

I just looked up the specs of my dac and come to realize that it doesn't support 32bit. I thought it did.
    http://www.qnktc.com/ab_11/AB_11.html

Can someone give me some advice.

I installed squeezelite using Squeezeplug for Pi.

I want to squeezelite to start on boot with specific settings.

How and where do I edit config file(s) to change the default settings?

I want to specify a particular audio output and change the default squeezelite player name.
    Last edited by castalla; 2012-12-17 at 05:20.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again!

With 0.6b1 I don't get the hanging processes anymore (at least since 36 hours). But I got 2 vanishing squeezelite processes when they were idle. I have a debug log, but guess it is pretty unremarkable. I will look into getting a core dump now.

debug.log

Magic.

I only just discovered this. It worked 1st time, at high quality, on an Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit system, and an ancient 32 bit laptop running Linux Mint Debian.

I spent ages getting squeezeplay to work at all on Linux, let alone at high quality, and the configuration is a nuisance to change.

squeezelite is really excellent stuff. Why can't all software be this simple to install (i.e. just run it), need no extraneous configuration, and work 1st time? I am seriously impressed.
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Can someone give me some advice.

I installed squeezelite using Squeezeplug for Pi.

I want to squeezelite to start on boot with specific settings.

How and where do I edit config file(s) to change the default settings?

I want to specify a particular audio output and change the default squeezelite player name.
    Create a file.... /etc/default/squeezelite In it..... Obviously change PLAYER_NAME to be the name you wish to use and SOUND_DEVICE_NAME to be the audio output device you want.

Code:
    SLOPTIONS="-n PLAYER_NAME -o SOUND_DEVICE_NAME"

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    Create a file.... /etc/default/squeezelite In it..... Obviously change PLAYER_NAME to be the name you wish to use and SOUND_DEVICE_NAME to be the audio output device you want.

Code:
    SLOPTIONS="-n PLAYER_NAME -o SOUND_DEVICE_NAME"

Thanks! Worked first time.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------