Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: MySB.com down?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    http://grace.reciva.com/

Seems familiar to me ,wonder how reciva service is regarding reliability ?
    The Mondo will only connect to Reciva. Reciva has been pretty solid for the last couple of years - they do seem to have sorted their server redundancy.

Avox make a version of the Mondo available in Europe.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    The Mondo will only connect to Reciva. Reciva has been pretty solid for the last couple of years - they do seem to have sorted their server redundancy.

Avox make a version of the Mondo available in Europe.
    OK you have used both systems so you would know the pros and cons of each of them .

Recivas bussines seems to be to provide service for several brands of radios ,so redundancy is paramount i suppose .

But i value the local LMS function so much a dlna player is not my thing and no obvious "connect to Hi-Fi box" and the flexibility of the squeezebox eco system ? but my use case is not the most common .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

OK you have used both systems so you would know the pros and cons of each of them .

Recivas bussines seems to be to provide service for several brands of radios ,so redundancy is paramount i suppose .

But i value the local LMS function so much a dlna player is not my thing and no obvious "connect to Hi-Fi box" and the flexibility of the squeezebox eco system ? but my use case is not the most common .
    I agree. The Reciva radios we have/had were good (nice sound) and work well as just radios. The interface is not easy to navigate. I much prefer the SBs - more flexible and much easier to operate.

Reciva dropped out of the radio market - it only ever produced modules - I think there are really only a few brands left. They never supported the different radios but always referred users back to manufacturers (many cheaper brands just disappeared or provided no real support).
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1964 View Post
    :-)
    as said very bad pr for Logitech.....
    +1 to this!

The same for me: I own 2 x Reciva-powered internet radios (DNT, German brand) for more than 3 years.
    I have NEVER encountered a server outage, so for me Recive delivers a very reliable service!

I have recently purchased the Logitech Squeezeboxes, and I am impressed by it's flexibility and it's features which are unbeatable (to my opinion).
    Therefore, I hope that the existing 'my squeezebox.com' servers will be supported in the future to be able to use my Squeezebox receivers.
    I can imagine that nothing will last forever, so it would be great when another provider could take over the service when Logitech will finally shut down their servers.
    To be realistic: nothing is for free, so I am willing to pay a small yearly fee to keep the support up.
    Could this be a solution??
    Max2Play, PiCoreplayer, 2 x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezebox Touch