Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Have to have a connection to mysqueezebox.com to play music?

If I have logitech squeezebox server installed on my NAS device, can I use the radio or spotify without having a connection to mysqueezebox.com?
    Last week mysqueezebox.com was down for several days, and I have read that this happends from time to time. A bit irritating.

Kjetil

Well, "needing" MySB.com for radio is both yes & no.
    Yes, if you want menu navigation for Internet Radio and My Apps menu's.
    No, if you have saved Favorites of basic (non-subscription based) stations.

For Spotify you can run Triodes third party Spotify App on your NAS, but I don't know if that is MySB.com dependent.

Im told triodes spotify works without mysb.com
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Im told triodes spotify works without mysb.com
    I tried it works provided that you use the setting to show spotify under "radio" instead of "apps" as the "apps" menu may be down when mysb.com is down .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    I tried it works provided that you use the setting to show spotify under "radio" instead of "apps" as the "apps" menu may be down when mysb.com is down .
    good to know. thanks. (if mysb.com goes away, I'll have to switch back to Spotify from MOG)
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I have 2 SB classics and run LMS 7.7.2 on a Windows computer. I have a library of CDs ripped on the Windows computer. On the SB Classics I have a plain vanilla setup with BBC iplayer and Wunderground as 3rd party add-ons. I use it mostly for BBC access outside of the UK and as a weather display station. I occasionally use Internet Radio to explore less listened to stations; and vary rarely use Podcast from the Podcast player menu.

Assuming mysqueezebox.com closes, can anyone give me an idea of how my usage will be affected?

thanks for your advice