Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Squeezebox discontinued, how about its server?

logitech-leaves-squeezebox-fans-wondering-whats-next

This article on cnet has freaked me out... My squeezebox radio is quite new and I m quite attached to it
    Please someone tell me the server will be alive and kicking for more than the 3-6 months logitech seems to imply on cnet

Couldn t we simply get an upgrade to the new Radio? I gate bad investments... Please reassure me

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte9999 View Post
    Please reassure me
    Can't be done it seems, you simply seem hell bent on spreading your unfounded FUD wihtout any regard to available information or the replies you've alreade gotten on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte9999 View Post
    logitech-leaves-squeezebox-fans-wondering-whats-next

This article on cnet has freaked me out... My squeezebox radio is quite new and I m quite attached to it
    Please someone tell me the server will be alive and kicking for more than the 3-6 months logitech seems to imply on cnet

Couldn t we simply get an upgrade to the new Radio? I gate bad investments... Please reassure me
    http://blog.logitech.com/2012/09/28/...queezebox-fans
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeez...io/td-p/884530

At this time, there are no plans to stop maintaining mysqueezebox.com or the local server, parts of the CNET article is based on rumors and thoughts/fears posted by community members.
    We will likely get less bug corrections, but as long as Logitech are having a lot or Radio's within warranty period they are likely going to keep both mysqueezebox.com and LMS working.

You are going to be able to upgrade Squeezebox Radio to a UE Smart Radio through a firmware upgrade, but I wouldn't recommend doing it at this time because it have a lot less functionality than what your Squeezebox Radio currently have.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Easy does it

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    Can't be done it seems, you simply seem hell bent on spreading your unfounded FUD wihtout any regard to available information or the replies you've alreade gotten on this forum.
    I am sorry i offended you somehow... I never saw any reply nor did i recieve a mail saying there were any...
    Take it easy, i am a blog beginner.... And what is Fud? Nothing pleasant i presume?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    http://blog.logitech.com/2012/09/28/...queezebox-fans
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeez...io/td-p/884530

At this time, there are no plans to stop maintaining mysqueezebox.com or the local server, parts of the CNET article is based on rumors and thoughts/fears posted by community members.
    We will likely get less bug corrections, but as long as Logitech are having a lot or Radio's within warranty period they are likely going to keep both mysqueezebox.com and LMS working.

You are going to be able to upgrade Squeezebox Radio to a UE Smart Radio through a firmware upgrade, but I wouldn't recommend doing it at this time because it have a lot less functionality than what your Squeezebox Radio currently have.
    This reassured me.... All i do with my squeezebox is internetradio.... Would you think those functionnalities will be avsilable in the upgrade? I do nothing elsevwith it... Though i d love to be able to access older streams....

FUD = Fear - Uncertainty and Doubt.

I first heard the term back in the 70's from vendors trying to compete with IBM in the mainframe market place.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    FUD = Fear - Uncertainty and Doubt.

I first heard the term back in the 70's from vendors trying to compete with IBM in the mainframe market place.
    Ok. Fair enough.... I feared it was an f word... Reassured again, apparently it can be done!!!

Interesting comments on the VortexBox forums from one of the admins there about Logitech's possible intention of future server software supporting both sets of products (UE and squeezebox):
    http://vortexbox.org/threads/4401-Co...ll=1#post28145

It is unsubstantiated though.
    --
    muso developer

Did i mention i m a beginner

Quote Originally Posted by jezbo View Post
    Interesting comments on the VortexBox forums from one of the admins there about Logitech's possible intention of future server software supporting both sets of products (UE and squeezebox):
    http://vortexbox.org/threads/4401-Co...ll=1#post28145

It is unsubstantiated though.
    I enjoy good news, always,but i cannot understand much of that page.... I jusr get that the new and old system will work, eventually with the same software?

Don't feed the trolls.
    2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 6 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.