Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Touch & LMS not Showing

I just changed my router to an AE I am trying to get iPeng to work on my iPad2 and it is not seeing the Touch. The touch is visible on Airport Utility and I can manipulate the Touch manually to play Radio.

System: Alienware Aurora
    Win7 Pro
    AE just installed; mixed network (not a separate 2.4 or 5.0 gHz; have not gotten that far yet)
    Squeezebox Touch; 50% wireless signal
    iPad2 w/ iOS 6
    iPeng up to date
    LMS Nightly update (October 17 downloaded this morning).

Android Squeeze Commander is not showing the Touch.

I factory reset the Touch and I am running the Hi Rez app.

I had no issues with a Linksys or ASUS router (old Linksys and ASUS fried in a storm) so I am not a complete dummy.

Am I missing a setup option somewhere?

Thanks, Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jcbenten View Post
    I just changed my router to an AE I am trying to get iPeng to work on my iPad2 and it is not seeing the Touch. The touch is visible on Airport Utility and I can manipulate the Touch manually to play Radio.

System: Alienware Aurora
    Win7 Pro
    AE just installed; mixed network (not a separate 2.4 or 5.0 gHz; have not gotten that far yet)
    Squeezebox Touch; 50% wireless signal
    iPad2 w/ iOS 6
    iPeng up to date
    LMS Nightly update (October 17 downloaded this morning).

Android Squeeze Commander is not showing the Touch.

I factory reset the Touch and I am running the Hi Rez app.

I had no issues with a Linksys or ASUS router (old Linksys and ASUS fried in a storm) so I am not a complete dummy.

Am I missing a setup option somewhere?

Thanks, Chris
    I occasionally have a "duh" moment where I realize that my iphone with ipeng is still on 3G or 4G rather than my network WIFI.

And a 50% wifi signal is not great. Can you move the router a bit. Sometimes even a few inches one way or the other can make a big difference. Also, what channel are you using in the router? use inSSIDer to see local wifi networks and choose 1,6, or 11 based on which one is not used nearby.
    Last edited by garym; 2012-10-18 at 16:34.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I occasionally have a "duh" moment where I realize that my iphone with ipeng is still on 3G or 4G rather than my network WIFI.

And a 50% wifi signal is not great. Can you move the router a bit. Sometimes even a few inches one way or the other can make a big difference. Also, what channel are you using in the router? use inSSIDer to see local wifi networks and choose 1,6, or 11 based on which one is not used nearby.
    thanks for the quick response.

Wireless on for my iPad and for the phone.

Channel was 5 and a much stronger signal than neighbors but switched to 6. I can see the Touch in the Airport utility but LMS is not providing the connectiong to SC or iPeng.

50% is much higher than the Linksys I just disconnected (30%) and had no problems. Its a fairly long distance and down a floor.

thanks for the quick response.

Wireless on for my iPad and for the phone.

Channel was 5 and a much stronger signal than neighbors but switched to 6. I can see the Touch in the Airport utility but LMS is not providing the connectiong to SC or iPeng.

50% is much higher than the Linksys I just disconnected (30%) and had no problems. Its a fairly long distance and down a floor.
    Working. Re-installed SC but I think what did it was I powered down & up the router. Works now. iPeng started working while I was in the other room.

Working. Re-installed SC but I think what did it was I powered down & up the router. Works now. iPeng started working while I was in the other room.
    excellent. rebooting router often solves a multitude of problems.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    excellent. rebooting router often solves a multitude of problems.
    I installed the router over the weekend and did a couple days of traveling without doing anything but watching Apple TV. The Touch also did a software update; the second since the reset this morning.

I installed the router over the weekend and did a couple days of traveling without doing anything but watching Apple TV. The Touch also did a software update; the second since the reset this morning.
    Odd about the Touch update. Was it up to date previously? My Touch players have not updated in months (I'm using LMS 7.7.2). It could be that your local PC running LMS was not up to date (you did mention SC, which is quite old). If you are using something other than LMS 7.7.2, and then you somehow connected the TOUCH to mysqueezebox.com, the Touch would have updated to match the 7.7.2 software of mysqueezebox.com. And then when you reconnect to something older than 7.7.2 on your local PC, the TOUCH would "update" again by changing its firmware to match your older version server software.