Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
    I have been a long time user of squeeze ctrl, and just added SB Player, specifically for occasional ear bud listening on my android phone, works great, thank you.

I am wondering the best settings, and on which app, to integrate the two? I looked for a SB Player support thread using the forum search and couldn't find one....The goal is to create a "launch when needed, kill when not" scenario for SB Player.

I also don't understand when the apps are running, foreground, background, and when they are not, the same is true to android in general i guess....

Anyhow, what I would like to do is this. I would like to launch SB Player when I open Squeeze Ctrl. I would like to "close" SB Player when Squeeze Ctrl is "closed". But, having said that, if I use the squeeze ctrl widget, when does it actually stop running?

In essence, would like to use Squeezectrl as a "power switch" for SB Player. That is, I won't see SB Player listed as a "player" on any of my LMS UI players list, unless I launch Squeeze ctrl. I am not going to use SB Player as frequently as my other players, so I would like it to "disappear" when not specifically in use (if I am using another UI, like Material). I think we all have inadvertently started a "player" in a different room, and I don't want to mistakenly start music playing in my pocket or another room

does this make sense?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I have been a long time user of squeeze ctrl, and just added SB Player, specifically for occasional ear bud listening on my android phone, works great, thank you.

I am wondering the best settings, and on which app, to integrate the two? I looked for a SB Player support thread using the forum search and couldn't find one....The goal is to create a "launch when needed, kill when not" scenario for SB Player.

I also don't understand when the apps are running, foreground, background, and when they are not, the same is true to android in general i guess....

Anyhow, what I would like to do is this. I would like to launch SB Player when I open Squeeze Ctrl. I would like to "close" SB Player when Squeeze Ctrl is "closed". But, having said that, if I use the squeeze ctrl widget, when does it actually stop running?

In essence, would like to use Squeezectrl as a "power switch" for SB Player. That is, I won't see SB Player listed as a "player" on any of my LMS UI players list, unless I launch Squeeze ctrl. I am not going to use SB Player as frequently as my other players, so I would like it to "disappear" when not specifically in use (if I am using another UI, like Material). I think we all have inadvertently started a "player" in a different room, and I don't want to mistakenly start music playing in my pocket or another room

does this make sense?

Jim
    You can start SB Player when you start SQ CTRL. I don't use either much so I don't know about the rest of your questions.

Home > 3 dots top right > Preferences > General.

Name:  auto.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  91.6 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You can start SB Player when you start SQ CTRL.
    Thanks, yeah, I saw that. I also saw that from SB Player you can choose another app to launch (squeeze ctrl maybe)...

I guess I posted to see what is the most elegant way to interlink the two, and have SB Player run only when I specifically want to use it, then not run after. I thought maybe Wayne or a power user could tell me rather than just thrashing around

But, who knows, I know nothing about android running, not running, running in background, etc. and the resulting battery life/performace implications.

Jim

I think I'm going nuts!

I'm sure I used to be able to change the order of tracks in a playlist by dragging up or down. It doesn't work now.

Did something change, or am I actually nuts?

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I think I'm going nuts!

I'm sure I used to be able to change the order of tracks in a playlist by dragging up or down. It doesn't work now.

Did something change, or am I actually nuts?

R.
    Swipe right on the item to exposed the drag handle.

I changed it because the old way of long pressing can be triggered accidentally too easily.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for Android and Windows UWP, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

I looked for a SB Player support thread using the forum search and couldn't find one....
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...pp-for-Android

A full discussion of that is rather involved and you can probably find articles explaining it. In the context of Squeeze Ctrl and SB Player, if the app's controls are in the notification panel then the app is running. If not it is closed.

If you enable Auto Launch and set "Close SB Player when the app exits" to "Always", then it should do what you want. Pressing connect on the widget will launch the app in the background and pressing the 'X' will close it.

The app launching capability of SB Player is more meant for launching music visualizers or other controller apps, but some people do use it to launch Squeeze Ctrl.
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    Swipe right on the item to exposed the drag handle.

I changed it because the old way of long pressing can be triggered accidentally too easily.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I guess I should actually read the update notes.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

I just cleaned my Windows Desktop "Stuff" folder and found an old confusing screenshot collage I made (and posted here somewhere some time ago):

Name:  squeezecontrol3.png
Views: 88
Size:  167.2 KB

I still see this behavior (the duration is ONLY displayed if search results have the same POSITION in both LMS search PREVIEW(!) and Squeeze Control search. That's only the case for the second result here. And IF the duration is shown the artist name is shown in parenthesis behind the album title. That's not in the graphic, though). Can anyone confirm this?

Here's a new screenshot that also shows the artist name in parenthesis thing. Sorry for the different background color.

Name:  lms_sc100.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  62.2 KB
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2021-08-19 at 12:39. Reason: So weird, so confusing.
    QLMS 8.3@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I just cleaned my Windows Desktop "Stuff" folder and found an old confusing screenshot collage I made (and posted here somewhere some time ago):

Name:  squeezecontrol3.png
Views: 88
Size:  167.2 KB

I still see this behavior (the duration is ONLY displayed if search results have the same POSITION in both LMS search PREVIEW(!) and Squeeze Control search. That's only the case for the second result here. And IF the duration is shown the artist name is shown in parenthesis behind the album title. That's not in the graphic, though). Can anyone confirm this?

Here's a new screenshot that also shows the artist name in parenthesis thing. Sorry for the different background color.

Name:  lms_sc100.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  62.2 KB
    Figured out the problem. The duration (and other data) has to be retrieved using a second request. The resulting list of extra info is then matched to the primary list. The extra info list is requested to be returned sorted in a specific way, but I forgot to apply the same sorting to the main search request. I'll fix it for the next update.

As to the artist name in the parentheses, it's not supposed to do that. The parentheses are really just meant for showing the year in album lists, but adding code to handle the special case of search returns is just not worth it, so I'm just going to let it be.
    --------------

Figured out the problem. The duration (and other data) has to be retrieved using a second request. The resulting list of extra info is then matched to the primary list. The extra info list is requested to be returned sorted in a specific way, but I forgot to apply the same sorting to the main search request. I'll fix it for the next update.
    That was fast!

As to the artist name in the parentheses, it's not supposed to do that. The parentheses are really just meant for showing the year in album lists, but adding code to handle the special case of search returns is just not worth it, so I'm just going to let it be.
    If you think that's for the best. Knowing and not fixing this bug would drive me crazy.
    QLMS 8.3@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4