Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ymilner View Post
    Thanks for adding Random Mix and New Music support to Android Auto.
    Question: is album art suppose to be shown in Android Auto? It never worked for me; it looks system is trying to display something, and fails.
    Because of that, the Now Playing and New Music screens looks like attached.
    Also, on many occasions, the Now Playing screen lacks the "back" arrow, without which it's impossible to go back to the menu ( as can be seen on the screenshot). It is usually solved by switching from other app and back.
    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Album art is supposed to be shown. It works fine in the Android Auto app on my phone when I'm on a mobile data connection. I use a home VPN to connect to my home network so that may have helped. How are you connecting to your server? Of course it could also just be a slow data connection. In the Squeeze Ctrl app itself, can you see the album art?

Squeeze Ctrl has no control over how the Android Auto UI functions, it just provides the data for Android Auto to show. If the back button doesn't show, then it's a problem with Android Auto.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Thank you for giving this your attention.
    I did more testing. The problem only seems to affect MP3 and OGG decoding. AAC decoding works fine which is fortunate, since I can't seem to find a good open source AAC decoder that will work with Android.

I will have an update out soon that will fix this. Basically, I'm just going to use separate decoders for MP3 and OGG instead of the system decoder.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    Album art is supposed to be shown. It works fine in the Android Auto app on my phone when I'm on a mobile data connection. I use a home VPN to connect to my home network so that may have helped. How are you connecting to your server? Of course it could also just be a slow data connection. In the Squeeze Ctrl app itself, can you see the album art?

Squeeze Ctrl has no control over how the Android Auto UI functions, it just provides the data for Android Auto to show. If the back button doesn't show, then it's a problem with Android Auto.
    Album art works fine using normal Android Squeeze Controller on Android phone; both when I'm on home WiFi and using 4G when I'm away (I'm using port forwarding in my home router towards LMS server). It's only with AA (both phone app and car head unit), that I have this issue with Album Art. Is there any debug I can enable on the app to help finding the root cause?

Album art works fine using normal Android Squeeze Controller on Android phone; both when I'm on home WiFi and using 4G when I'm away (I'm using port forwarding in my home router towards LMS server). It's only with AA (both phone app and car head unit), that I have this issue with Album Art. Is there any debug I can enable on the app to help finding the root cause?

Is your server password protected?
    --------------

Yes

Yes

That's the problem. I always forget to account for that for the album art image links. In the main app I can tell the system to use authentication with every network connection from the app. Since Android Auto is a separate app, I'll have to put the login into the image url.
    --------------

That's the problem. I always forget to account for that for the album art image links. In the main app I can tell the system to use authentication with every network connection from the app. Since Android Auto is a separate app, I'll have to put the login into the image url.
    Thanks for nailing it down!

I did more testing. The problem only seems to affect MP3 and OGG decoding. AAC decoding works fine which is fortunate, since I can't seem to find a good open source AAC decoder that will work with Android.
    Have you investigated fdk-aac?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/opencore-amr/

Source
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    That's C based. Need Java based for Android. I don't mess with the NDK.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    --------------

Artist List Image

I seem to be having problems where image for artist & album artwork are displayed wrongly. On the artist list random pictures of other artists appear. And when playing, random album artwork appears.

Everything looks OK using web browser.

Not sure when this started happening. I'm guessing some cach is corrupted perhaps. Have tried uninstalling & re-installi with no change. Could it be something to the number of tracks....up to about 25000 now...?

Any ideas what could be causing this or how to fix it?
    Last edited by ntom; 2019-11-13 at 06:53.
    SB Touch (modded)/Chord Mojo or Linn LP12/MuseII/AudioMods Tonearm, Cambridge Audio Azur 851E pre & Crimson 640 (x4) power, Martin Logan Aerius i