Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmonaut_75 View Post
    Hi,

I love SqueezeCtrl, great app!

I would like to attribute different images to my three Squeezelite-Players (living, study, kitchen). So I cropped images according to the resolution of my smartphone 2280x1080px and uploaded them via SqueezeCtrl - Player Manager. However, I see only a litte section, sometimes the images are rotated too, everything seems kind of random...

What I am doing wrong? What is the correct resolution for the background images?

Thanks for any help.
    Make your image square. The app internally crops all custom background images to a square so that the background scale would not change between landscape or portrait orientation and it caches the cropped image. From the square image the app will then take a section the same shape as device screen in a current orientation.

When the app initially loads the image it also scales it to particular size that depends on the resolution of the device and the amount of memory the app is allotted by the system, so I can't really give you an ideal size.

You should put the subject of the image at the very center and since your phone has a pretty long screen, the space between the subject and the edge of the image should be at least 25% the width (or height since it's square) of the image.
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

New phone, new issue.

This may be to do with Android 9 (Pie).

I can't find an equalizer app that will function with SBPlayer/Squeeze Ctrl. I think it's because they're all designed to only work with apps that "start an audio session". I don't know what that actually means. Do your apps not do this, and is this solvable?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    This may be to do with Android 9 (Pie).

I can't find an equalizer app that will function with SBPlayer/Squeeze Ctrl. I think it's because they're all designed to only work with apps that "start an audio session". I don't know what that actually means. Do your apps not do this, and is this solvable?

Thanks.
    Every app that plays audio has to "start" an audio session.

Audio is fed into the system using something called an AudioTrack. Every AudioTrack has a unique id called an Audio Session ID. If you know a track's Audio Session ID, then you can apply effects to it. Audio Session ID's are not fixed, a new one is generated every time you create a new AudioTrack.

It used to be that you can use an Audio Session ID of 0 to apply effects to the global sound mix, but that is no longer possible in newer versions of Android.

If a player app just uses the system's built-in media player to play audio then an equalizer app could just ask the system for the audio session id the media player is using.

For the purposes of SB Player it cannot just use the built-in media player, so an equalizer will have to retrieve the Audio Session ID from SB Player. Unfortunately there's no standardized way of exposing an ID to other apps, so I'd would have to create a way to do that and the equalizer app would be a specifically support it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    Every app that plays audio has to "start" an audio session.

Audio is fed into the system using something called an AudioTrack. Every AudioTrack has a unique id called an Audio Session ID. If you know a track's Audio Session ID, then you can apply effects to it. Audio Session ID's are not fixed, a new one is generated every time you create a new AudioTrack.

It used to be that you can use an Audio Session ID of 0 to apply effects to the global sound mix, but that is no longer possible in newer versions of Android.

If a player app just uses the system's built-in media player to play audio then an equalizer app could just ask the system for the audio session id the media player is using.

For the purposes of SB Player it cannot just use the built-in media player, so an equalizer will have to retrieve the Audio Session ID from SB Player. Unfortunately there's no standardized way of exposing an ID to other apps, so I'd would have to create a way to do that and the equalizer app would be a specifically support it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the explanation. It's a pity that Android made that change. It sounds difficult and probably not worthwhile. I'll get used to the lack of EQ. It was nice because I used one that let me make home screen widgets for different EQ profiles, so I could easily choose one for this car, that car, bluetooth earbuds, the bluetooth speaker, etc. It was a good run.

Suddenly, a couple of days into my new Pixel 3XL and less than a day after uprading to Android 10, Squeeze Ctrl and/or SB Player has ceased working properly. It will play a track for a few seconds...or sometimes up to a minute or so, the the audio stops. The progress bar continues but in silence. If I skip to the next track, audio again for a few seconds...lather, rinse, repeat.

I've messed around with a lot of settings so I don't really trust what I have them at in either app.

Should I uninstall, restart the phone, reinstall and reconfigure?
    Last edited by jstraw; 2019-10-14 at 15:22.

I reinstalled. No cange. Did Android 10 break this?

Suddenly, a couple of days into my new Pixel 3XL and less than a day after uprading to Android 10, Squeeze Ctrl and/or SB Player has ceased working properly. It will play a track for a few seconds...or sometimes up to a minute or so, the the audio stops. The progress bar continues but in silence. If I skip to the next track, audio again for a few seconds...lather, rinse, repeat.

I've messed around with a lot of settings so I don't really trust what I have them at in either app.

Should I uninstall, restart the phone, reinstall and reconfigure?
    Just tried it on my Pixel 3 w/ Android 10 and it works fine.

Try going to the battery optimization page in the system settings and enabling battery optimizations and then re-disable it.

Make sure wifi isn't set to disconnect when the device sleeps, though I'm not sure if that setting still exists on newer Android versions.

You may also want to try rescanning your music library. Library corruption can manifest in strange problems.

It could also just be a network problem.
    --------------

Just tried it on my Pixel 3 w/ Android 10 and it works fine.

Try going to the battery optimization page in the system settings and enabling battery optimizations and then re-disable it.

Make sure wifi isn't set to disconnect when the device sleeps, though I'm not sure if that setting still exists on newer Android versions.

You may also want to try rescanning your music library. Library corruption can manifest in strange problems.

It could also just be a network problem.
    I'll try the battery optimization settings. I never use Squeeze Ctrl on the phone, on wifi...only on the data plan...and my device doesn't sleep, anyway, as far as I know. As I said, a track will start, but not play through.

As for the library and the network, I've temporarily reverted back to Squeezeplayer/Orange Squeeze, and that's working fine.

I'll try the battery optimization settings. I never use Squeeze Ctrl on the phone, on wifi...only on the data plan...and my device doesn't sleep, anyway, as far as I know. As I said, a track will start, but not play through.

As for the library and the network, I've temporarily reverted back to Squeezeplayer/Orange Squeeze, and that's working fine.
    For your particular problem, you only need to check the Battery Optimization of SB Player.
    --------------

For your particular problem, you only need to check the Battery Optimization of SB Player.
    I enabled battery optimization, rebooted, disabled it again. Let me see how it runs for a while. I'll report back. Thank you.